Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 08:15:02 PM
714223 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7734 Members
Latest Member: BlackVuemmo
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  personal reviews of items. « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: personal reviews of items.  (Read 2009 times)
Svengoolie 3
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: August 30, 2018, 04:33:51 PM »

Post a review of something you have personal experience with and aren't getting paid to review.  Unpaid personal reviews and opinions only.

Fire HDX 10 tablet 2017.  I have one to replace a tablet with problems due to heavy long usage.  

Pros.  Excellent display. True HD resolution, extremely sharp.  Not a high end Ipad but few will notice.  Low cost,  as low as 150$. Decent sound.  No frills solid plastic build. 2gb system ram,  32 gb user ram. Can be boiugbt at. 64gb.

Meh.  It is first and foremost an Amazon device. It will ram Amazon down your throat. Comes with ad infested lock screens, not a real issue. Does not normally allow access to the far superior Google app market and comes bound to the pathetic Amazon apps market.  It takes about 10 minutes for a competent user to find an online work around and install it so not a problem.   Currently the devices durability is unknown due to it's newness.

The bad.  Cameras are pathetic and a waste.  A 2mp front camera couldn't take a good pic at high noon on a Clear day,  a sub mp camera the front isn't even good enough for causal video calls.  Should have replaced the front cam with the 2mp rear one and forgone a rear one at all,  them reduced cost 5-10$. Speakers do not face forward. WHY THE XXX CAN'T TABLET SPEAKERS FACE THE USER?!?! WHY?!?!?! it seems very hard to change the default apps permanently. The go. Keyboard I installed keeps going back to the pos keyboard it came with. Can't seem to get it to default to perfect viewer for image viewing.

All in all unless it has longevity issues I say it's worth the price,  warts and all. A case is essential so add it to the cost.

https://www.amazon.com/All-New-Amazon-Fire-HD-10-Inch-Tablet-32GB-Black/dp/B01J6RPGKG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1535667024&sr=8-1&keywords=fire+10+hdx.+tablet+2017
« Last Edit: August 30, 2018, 05:13:13 PM by Svengoolie 3 » Logged

The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2018, 04:39:14 PM »

Very good idea for a thread, Sven. I'll post something here soon.

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2018, 06:54:14 AM »

ITEM: One pair of slightly used underpants.

DATE: from the early 1980s.

STYLE: The underpants was previously bikini format but no more  Buggedout

APPEARANCE: Ghastly.

CONS: Bought from a South African CON artist  Wink

PROS: A male PROStitute borrowed them once.  Buggedout

No extras included except a bad smell  Wink

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2018, 02:49:55 PM »

ITEM: One pair of slightly used underpants.

DATE: from the early 1980s.

STYLE: The underpants was previously bikini format but no more  Buggedout

APPEARANCE: Ghastly.

CONS: Bought from a South African CON artist  Wink

PROS: A male PROStitute borrowed them once.  Buggedout

No extras included except a bad smell  Wink

Something that funny should have a trigger warning, Trevor.

ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2018, 02:58:30 PM »

Okay I promised a review, didn't I?

The Macintosh SE, circa 1987 was one mighty little machine. My father bought his back in the late Reagan years and it still works, as does its internal (are you ready to be staggered?) 20 MB hard drive. Yes, folks, a whole 20 MB!

It came bundled with MacPaint, MacDraw, MacWrite, and all of the old programs still operate, including one that makes the sound of a Star Trek OS communicator opening. I used to click the mouse to make that sound about a hundred times an hour when I was little.

If the fact this original machine is still working fine with 100% original parts isn't an endorsement of Apple, I don't know what is. Of course to my dad's shame I'm a PC/Android heretic raising other heretics, but I do respect the heck out of Apple for the quality of many of the products it puts out, and think it's impressive my dad still has this antique of another age in the history of "home computers."

ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2018, 12:12:50 PM »

My brain.

I find it marginally adequate but high maintenance and prone to frequent displays of limitation. I'd gladly trade it in for something better but scientists seem dismally stunted when it comes to the field of transferring our consciousness to robots. Still, it is a bargain considering what I paid for it and do recommend it for small random tasks. If I had to make the choice I would gladly choose it again, so four stars out of five.

FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2018, 03:36:58 PM »

Old Milwaukee Beer:

I used to make fun of this stuff and call it "Old Spillway," but I recently picked up a 6 pack for the sheer hell of it and believe it or not it's better than I remembered. You can't beat the price -- five bucks for a six pack of tall boys (16 oz cans). Value!

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2018, 06:16:48 AM »

Old Milwaukee Beer:

I used to make fun of this stuff and call it "Old Spillway," but I recently picked up a 6 pack for the sheer hell of it and believe it or not it's better than I remembered. You can't beat the price -- five bucks for a six pack of tall boys (16 oz cans). Value!

Don't tell Brother Sprite about this  Wink Drink

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Svengoolie 3

« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2018, 06:25:59 AM »

Little Ceaser's 9$ 5 meat large pizza on sale now.

Pretty damn good, you can actually get it in slices and not squares. Good taste, promises plenty of meat and delivers, fair price for what you get. Tasty.

The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  personal reviews of items. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.