Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:38:33 PM
713370 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Ever Notice That Men And Women.... « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Ever Notice That Men And Women....  (Read 1914 times)
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« on: May 03, 2020, 09:59:34 AM »

Ever notice that men and women can talk about the exact same relationship they've shared, and women will tend to talk about the relationship's inner complexity, and men will describe its outer events, like what happened rather than what was felt?

OK, that's not a new revelation and shouldn't surprise anybody but it is a little strange to ponder. Like me, I was wrapped up with one----count 'em---one non-stress inducing guy in my whole life, nicest boy, never caused me a problem ever, seemed to live to make me happy, even wanted to marry me, poor thing, yet I was talking to a man yesterday about his copious past experiences with women and what did he say to encapsulate them all? "They were fun."

Fun! The odds are against them all having been fun.

Me, I'd say, "Mostly mine ranged from 'complicated' to 'off the scale passing Pluto and chasing Voyager level complex.' " Mine were composed of all the little dots in a pointillist painting, he described a single Kasimir Malevich brush stroke that covered the whole canvas. I recall mine for their intensity, he remembers that time in a hot tub in Duluth.

And that's how it is when I talk to women about their pasts, they speak of emotional entanglements and misunderstandings and drama. Even when men are talking about a psycho ex they'll usually mention what she did, 'the betch rogered my son in his new car!' not how she felt or what made her psycho. Women will spend years, decades, lifetimes, picking apart why a man did or thought such a thing.

So whose viewpoint is right? I think it's like the blind men and the elephant, but surely being concerned with what happened rather than why is the easier option. "A plane crashed" rather than "a plane crashed because the ground crew spilled Snapple on an o-ring."

Know what I mean?

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
pennywise37
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2020, 10:05:16 AM »

i dunno, as a guy myself i've always wanted a good healthy relationship a commitment cause i've never had a serious relationship before, i've had people tell me i would not feel that had i had a few of those in my life.  i don't think i would think that way cause i try and listen, when it comes to how i am i have a lot of women friends and honestly prefer them sometimes,  there are times when i'm simply ashamed even being a guy when i hear the about the crap some guys pull on women

and it goes both ways i think no doubt women feel that way at times too. i dunno how anyone else is but when i was in my teens listening to various people's problems whom they were dating and it's both sex's i decided to read up on them and try to learn from them relationships i mean. so i've been doing that for years, i don't read women magazines, and what's funny is for a guy who've never had a serious relationship  i've helped a lot of people, a friend years ago was having trouble with her husband and when i give advice because i have a lot of women friends, and they've no doubt influenced on how i think and feel at times too.

i am able to think of it from both sides, i'm not saying i know how a women thinks that's not it no guy knows that but we all wish we did. but feel i mean,
i look at it this way here's how i would feel about it and if i were her how would i feel about what he did etc.. ya get what i'm saying. plus my mom also has taught me a lot too that's not a question but a fact. it helps when you grow up in a marriage with parents who yeah at times fight but it's a good marriage ya know?

anyways, i forget what my friends problems were but i told her to talk to him Communicate with him.. get him to listen too an she's like well this and that i said now and repeated that a few times until it sunk in. the next time i spoke to her she goes you saved my marriage thank you so much, i said no it's not my marriage i didn't save it you did i just gave you a nudge.

i dunno if they are still married but that's how i am. i've had people even in high school come to me with problems and i helped solve them and it's both sex's and some don't like my advice and think of a better way and it does end up being a better way but it's a nudge i give them ya know? to get them to really think about it ya know?

sex isn't what i give advice on but relationships. i've never been a guy that wants to bed every woman anyways finding one is hard enough at least for me it is.
i think it depends on the guy and the same goes for women too. i laugh when i hear women say they want to be equals, they deserve to be treated as equals

that's not a question but both genders deserve that. i laugh because men and women are so much alike that it's not even funny, sure there are some things men can't do that women can and vice versa but outside of that if you make a list you'd be surprised i think on how much alike we are.

everyone is different on how they act or react  & we all do crap we wished we hadn't we act before we think and that's both genders i think.
both men and women can treat each other like crap it's not just guys or just women it's both.

you have to respect someone i think for it to last, also be their equal and treat them like equals too. 50/50  in short.  there are some guys out there who i think do think the way you are talking, but than than women do it too both of them do i think. not everyone does that though. some guys don't talk about relationships with each other i don't think, and some have no problem doing so, i would not be surprised if men are just not comfortable doing that but sex they can talk about no problem go figure.

i can talk about both to both men and women. it's just your experience that you haven't met a guy who's like that i think anyways that's how i am anyways
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2020, 05:54:27 PM »

Let me let you in on a secret. Tell a woman you're close to that you want a girlfriend and ask her to fix you up with someone she knows. Aside from my eventual husband and his accidentally blundering into it back in the day, not many men seem to grasp that the way to reach women is through women. You gotta work from the inside. 

(I seem to be offering you a lot of dating advice tonight, don't I?)

pennywise37

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2020, 12:19:55 AM »

i guess you are lol. well i'm not thinking to much about it lately because i really haven't even left my house that much since we are on lock down.

ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2020, 09:51:11 AM »

The day this isolation gets lifted bored randy people who have been stuck inside for months are going to be hooking up like it's spring in the Serengeti, and damn the torpedoes of consequence.

pennywise37

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2020, 02:31:14 PM »

ya know ya are right, outside of that one does wonder i know i have what's gonna spike more, breakups, divorces or people staying together?

i read an article saying that divorces are gonna drop really only because on how expensive they are and well it didn't say that's because couples decided to stay together, but no doubt that wouldn't surprise me either.

yahoo news awhile back said that we will have a lot of baby boomers by the end too and i believe it but i look at it this way, i  still think people should go easy on the condoms if they have any and we might have another outbreak later this year they keep saying in the fall or the winter but with all that is going on now and people breaking the stay at home orders i think it will be sooner than that,  if that is true and we do are stuck once again inside here in 9 months and yes i know that's in 2021 than supplies are gonna be short cause so many people are gonna need baby supplies. 

i do agree though that there will be a lot of singles out there that will be going nuts
chefzombie
zombie chef to the stars

« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2020, 03:48:30 PM »

penny, there are many people who agree, both about the condom supply AND the need for baby stuff. one of the FB groups i belong to , all of us older ladies are stockpiling baby wipes, diapers AND condoms since many of us have kids & grandkids who are of pregnancy age. it's a just in case thing, and we figure we can donate anything not needed by family members.

don't EVEN...EVER!
pennywise37

« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2020, 05:27:27 PM »

that's smart i think though i would feel really uncomfy getting condoms from my grandmother who is no joke 96 years old! but make sure they don't expires i've some expire on me lol and yeah i had a good laugh about it but i threw them away after having a good chuckle
chefzombie
zombie chef to the stars

« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2020, 05:35:20 PM »

lol, i'll make a point of reminding the ladies that they DO expire!

don't EVEN...EVER!
pennywise37

« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2020, 05:41:41 AM »

yeppers they do i don't remember how long i had it but once it expired i threw that thing away. it's funny how it never occurs to anyone that they might expire ya know you hear people say i've had this thing in my wallet for years even though that's one of the worst places to put it is in your wallet or some place hot.

like a wallet or a pocket for example.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Ever Notice That Men And Women.... « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.