Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 01:52:39 PM
713353 Posts in 53057 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Favorite BAD movie director. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Who's your favorite?
Ed Wood Jr. - 3 (30%)
Roger Corman - 2 (20%)
Lucio Fulci - 2 (20%)
Jess Franco - 0 (0%)
Jack Hill - 1 (10%)
Other - 2 (20%)
Total Voters: 10

Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Favorite BAD movie director.  (Read 7059 times)
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2018, 10:51:56 AM »

Cormon was actually rated as one of the most influential men in Hollywood simply down to the number of big names he gave a start to in the business including Jack Nicholson and James Cameron.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2018, 11:12:25 AM »

And Bruce Dern, Dennis Hopper, Francis Ford Coppola, and Dick Miller!

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2018, 12:10:15 PM »

I voted for Ed Wood, but there are several that I really like. Let's not forget Al Adamson (as I bow my head in respect), William Beaudine, W. Lee Wilder, Albert Pyun, Charles Band, Andy Sidaris . . .

Al Adamson was amazing!
I change my vote to Al Adamson.

I seen many Roger Corman movies.
I seen many Al Adamson movies. They get to the point pretty quick. Always lotsa action. And maybe Lon Chaney or John Carradine or Angelo Rositto hanging around.

Here's Al himself in a cameo in HORROR OF THE BLOOD MONSTERS (1969)!

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2018, 12:31:14 PM »

I voted for Ed Wood, but there are several that I really like. Let's not forget Al Adamson (as I bow my head in respect), William Beaudine, W. Lee Wilder, Albert Pyun, Charles Band, Andy Sidaris . . .
Al Adamson was amazing!
I change my vote to Al Adamson.
I seen many Roger Corman movies.
I seen many Al Adamson movies. They get to the point pretty quick. Always lotsa action. And maybe Lon Chaney or John Carradine or Angelo Rositto hanging around.
Here's Al himself in a cameo in HORROR OF THE BLOOD MONSTERS (1969)!

Please! AL ADAMSON SUCKS!  He directed the terrible BLOOD OF DRACULA'S CASTLE (1967) with ALEXANDER D'ARCY as Dracula in a movie "starring" JOHN CARRADINE?!?!  Seriously? 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2018, 12:35:00 PM »

But he also did the awesome SATAN'S SADISTS with Russ Tamblyn and DRACULA VS FRANKENSTEIN with Lon Chaney, Angelo Rositto and J. Carroll Naish!

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2018, 12:14:46 PM »

Now that I'm half way sober- I'll go back to Roger Corman.
When I'm drunk-I like Al's movies. When I'm not so drunk, I like Roger Corman movies.

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2018, 03:03:03 PM »

Write-in vote for Luigi Cozzi, his "Starcrash" was my introduction to the wild, wacky world of Euro B-movie schlock when I was a wee lad.

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
kornula
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2018, 08:53:02 AM »

How come Andy Milligan is not on this list?

And Corman is for the most part, a pretty good director.  He knows how to get the exposition out without having it seem like exposition (except Battle Beyond the Stars) all his films he directed was able to keep the pacing and story flowing.  Granted, they are, for the most part cheap, drive-in type "thrillers"    But you should see "The Intruder"   Both William Shatner and Mr. Corman were robbed of an Oscar nomination.

And... watch Andy Milligan movies;  Seeds of Sin, Torture Dungeon, The Ghastly Ones, Guru - The Mad Monk, Monstrosity, Carnage (one could make a legal claim that Tim Burton "borrowed" the story and plot of this film for Betleguise)  Milligan's body of work is best described as a "shrine to hate"   
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #23 on: September 07, 2018, 09:50:55 AM »

And Corman is for the most part, a pretty good director.  He knows how to get the exposition out without having it seem like exposition (except Battle Beyond the Stars) all his films he directed was able to keep the pacing and story flowing.  Granted, they are, for the most part cheap, drive-in type "thrillers"    But you should see "The Intruder"   Both William Shatner and Mr. Corman were robbed of an Oscar nomination.

And... watch Andy Milligan movies;  Seeds of Sin, Torture Dungeon, The Ghastly Ones, Guru - The Mad Monk, Monstrosity, Carnage (one could make a legal claim that Tim Burton "borrowed" the story and plot of this film for Betleguise)  Milligan's body of work is best described as a "shrine to hate"   

Agreed, Corman's "The Intruder" is a faaaaaan-tastic movie. Anyone who thinks William Shatner can't act should check that one out.

As for Andy Milligan... I've only seen one of his films ("Carnage") and that was more than enough for me. Bleah.

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
kornula
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #24 on: September 07, 2018, 10:04:44 AM »

Carnage is not his "best" film. Check out "Seeds of Sin" Its the second best Christmas family reunion film from hell.

Agreed, Corman's "The Intruder" is a faaaaaan-tastic movie. Anyone who thinks William Shatner can't act should check that one out.

As for Andy Milligan... I've only seen one of his films ("Carnage") and that was more than enough for me. Bleah.
zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #25 on: September 07, 2018, 06:15:44 PM »

Write-in vote for Luigi Cozzi, his "Starcrash" was my introduction to the wild, wacky world of Euro B-movie schlock when I was a wee lad.

nice pick. CONTAMINATION is a lot of fun too...

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #26 on: September 09, 2018, 12:24:19 AM »

But he also did the awesome SATAN'S SADISTS with Russ Tamblyn and DRACULA VS FRANKENSTEIN with Lon Chaney, Angelo Rositto and J. Carroll Naish!

Sometimes (like always) a paycheck motivated many a talent into less than stellar productions.  SATAN'S SADISTS... z'alright... at best.  Everybody knows DRACULA VS. FRANKENSTEIN sucks ass.   Thumbdown TeddyR

Svengoolie 3

« Reply #27 on: September 09, 2018, 12:44:36 AM »

Oddly enough in both abbot and Costello. Meet Frankenstein and in Dracula vs Frankenstein, Dracula seems. Obsessed with having control of the Frankenstein monster. I can't quite understand why Dracula sees any vital importance in mastering a creature that can be destroyed with a bucket of gasoline and a match.

The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #28 on: September 11, 2018, 12:36:53 AM »

Oddly enough in both abbot and Costello. Meet Frankenstein and in Dracula vs Frankenstein, Dracula seems. Obsessed with having control of the Frankenstein monster. I can't quite understand why Dracula sees any vital importance in mastering a creature that can be destroyed with a bucket of gasoline and a match.

The Frankenstein Monster is indestructible!!!

Svengoolie 3

« Reply #29 on: September 11, 2018, 02:38:41 AM »

Hey AHD: https://youtu.be/uDDJvC2CGaU

The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Favorite BAD movie director. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.