Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:09:26 PM
713364 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Police Academy « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Police Academy  (Read 4089 times)
clockworkcanary
Bad Movie Lover

« on: July 10, 2017, 08:23:25 AM »

I thought this movie was great when I was 11 and as an early teen, I loved the sequels (up to 4). Hated 5 and after. Just rewateched the original for the first time since then and man, what a piece of crap. How perceptions change. I don't think I laughed more than a couple of times and it was always when Michael Winslow was doing his voice work. How the hell did this spawn so many sequels?

I give this movie 2 Blue Oyster Bars out of 5.

Join us as we discuss all things schlock at Three Knock Theater podcast:

Facebook Group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/197572800347267/

Youtube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrLYkyXabfSwpcRQjhUMErQ
kakihara
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2017, 10:23:14 AM »

I used to love these movies as a kid, especially the first 2! I havent revisisted, im sure they havent aged well. The made too many sequels and i remember them getting worse. Ill always remember mahoney, tackleberry, hightower,etc. The music is also scarred into my brain! Who can forget the blue oyster song?!

exterminate all rational thought.....
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2017, 11:12:45 AM »

I hated these as a kid. First one was OK, but they went downhill fast. My cousin dragged us to one of the sequels as a young teenager, I remember it being one of the least funny things I ever saw.

This was more my speed:

Still not funny, but with Linnea Quigley and Ginger Lynn Allen, who cares?

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Chainsawmidget
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2017, 07:43:12 PM »

Does anybody remember the cartoon series they did of Police Academy?  I remember watching that alot, but even then it was one of those "well, nothing else is on" shows. 
jimpickens
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2017, 01:06:53 AM »

The first one great the sequels would've been great had they stayed the R ratted route.
zombie no.one
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Oookaay...

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2017, 05:13:20 AM »

I liked them then and still like them now. even the sequels. in fact part 5 assignment miami beach might be my fav.

I mean theyre totally bone-headed and not the sort of thing you can really defend liking, but i find them entertainingly crap.

by the way this made me actually cry first time i saw it  Bluesad

https://youtu.be/ICWVF02PNg8

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
clockworkcanary
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2017, 07:11:45 AM »

As a teen, I remember falling in love with that chick from part 4 - Zed's girlfriend, played by Corinne Bohrer. I also remember doing very poor Bobcat impressions (a la part 2) in my Junior High Math class.

Join us as we discuss all things schlock at Three Knock Theater podcast:

Facebook Group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/197572800347267/

Youtube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrLYkyXabfSwpcRQjhUMErQ
kakihara
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2017, 08:11:07 PM »

Chainsaw - i remember the cartoon. "Hooray for the police academy". It came a little too late after the series was begining to fade away. I remember the toys too. As kid i wanted those hand cuffs that were shaped like real hands.

exterminate all rational thought.....
messedup
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2017, 10:35:20 AM »

Does anybody remember the cartoon series they did of Police Academy?  I remember watching that alot, but even then it was one of those "well, nothing else is on" shows. 
Only remember two things about the cartoon...the intro with the rap song and an episode with a guy in a vulture costume stealing stuff.
Also I think there was a really s**tty live action series after that with some of the original actors in it.

BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2017, 05:26:43 PM »

Only remember two things about the cartoon...the intro with the rap song and an episode with a guy in a vulture costume stealing stuff.
Also I think there was a really s**tty live action series after that with some of the original actors in it.

Yes, there was. A TV show that lasted only 1 season (1997-1998.) This is not the cartoon series, which lasted for 2 seasons (1988-1989.) And, of course, wouldn't you know they tried to reboot the film series, which--fortunately or unfortunately--went into "developmental hell" in 2003.
kornula
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2018, 09:19:30 AM »

Homer's review on the Police Academy movies...Still accurate to this day.

"Why do you think I took you to all those Police Academy movies?  I didn't hear anyone laugh..."
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2018, 09:49:41 AM »

I re-visited the original "P.A." on Netflix a year or so ago and yea, I still chuckled even though it hadn't aged particularly well.

I have only vague memories of the short lived TV series but I think Michael "Larvell Jones" Winslow was the only cast member from the movies to appear in it.

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2018, 04:43:48 PM »

I thought the first one was okay, but the others were pitiful. I think I stopped watching them after #3.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Police Academy « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.