Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 06:18:39 AM
714308 Posts in 53091 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Deep Thoughts.... « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17
Author Topic: Deep Thoughts....  (Read 51787 times)
Svengoolie 3
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #225 on: November 28, 2018, 11:27:13 PM »

Know what's a scary thought to me? If I'd died when I was fifteen, like I almost did, I might've ended up as one of some terrorist's seventy-two virgins.

So you could have bitten his dong off.   Wink

The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #226 on: November 29, 2018, 12:17:09 AM »

That's based on the premise that terrorists have an accurate view of the hereafter.
I rather imagine most of them got an unpleasant surprise on the other side of the suicide bombing!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Svengoolie 3

« Reply #227 on: November 29, 2018, 12:31:50 AM »

Hey,  they have faith in their religion and they prove it.

indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #228 on: November 29, 2018, 07:33:23 AM »

They do believe 100%, no doubt.  Doesn't make them right, though.  Wink

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Svengoolie 3

« Reply #229 on: November 29, 2018, 07:46:34 AM »

That's how I feel about most religions...

ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #230 on: November 29, 2018, 09:03:20 AM »

That's how I feel about most religions...

Put aside faith and look at evidence. Read The Case for Christ, if you're capable of open-mindedness.

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #231 on: November 29, 2018, 10:13:00 AM »

Know what's a scary thought to me? If I'd died when I was fifteen, like I almost did, I might've ended up as one of some terrorist's seventy-two virgins.

What I really wonder, though, is after the terrorists have their wicked way with the virgins, do the former virgins get to go off on their own or are they stuck with the terrorist for eternity?

Also, is it a one-shot deal, or are they miracled back to virgins again time after time? And how would that even happen? You could slap a hymen back up those gals and technically they still had had sex. But if so, if they are reset after each waist-dance, is this Hell for the virgins, their punishment for things like lying to their parents and skipping out of their bedrooms on school nights? Would that mean then that Hell and Heaven happened in the same place, just as different conditions within that reality?

Also, do the virgins have to consent to the sex with terrorists, or is it all like eternal #MeToo?

Are the virgins assigned to terrorists, or do they line all the virgins up and each terrorist gets to pick a virgin, round robin style, til everyone has seventy-two? Or maybe the virgins get to pick, looking over the terrorists and going, "Ummmm, I'll take Abdul."

And what happens if a terrorist gets there and there and enough virgins haven't died on earth that day? Does he get a few at a time, or would he have to wait til all seventy-two were lined up? What if a bus of really ugly Catholic schoolgirls crashed off a hilltop, and they went to the line and the terrorists thought they were hurl-worthy. Would they get to pass on them and wait for better virgins, or do they have to take what comes along? Let's face it, unless you're saving yourself for some higher ideal, if you're a female virgin past a certain shelf life, you're proooooobably not Grade-A, knowudimeen? What with men being what they are.

After a suicide bombing, would the terrorists even still be bodily cohesive enough to deflower the virgins? I imagine Mohammad Atta's penis was pretty smeared after flying into the Trade Center. If you think about it that was likely one of the first parts of him to hit the building. That thing must've looked like a Dole banana run over by a steamroller driven by Chris Farley.

And what about female martyrs? Do they get male virgins, or are they disappointed to find out in the Seventh Heaven it's all female all the time? Do they have to spend the first few months up there instructing these virginal boys about the little man in the boat? How boring. Maybe female martyrs get dead UCLA frat boys.

And what about those baby martyrs, the infants wrapped around a bomb and handed through a crowd? Do they have to wait til their balls drop, or is it like a molestation situation til they're thirteen or whatever?

A little annotation on the rules would've helped.

I mean these are things I lie awake at night thinking about.

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #232 on: November 29, 2018, 10:19:07 AM »

So you could have bitten his dong off.   Wink

What I really wonder, though, is after the terrorists have their wicked way with the virgins, do the former virgins get to go off on their own or are they stuck with the terrorist for eternity?

Also, is it a one-shot deal, or are they miracled back to virgins again time after time? And how would that even happen? You could slap a hymen back up those gals and technically they still had had sex. But if so, if they are reset after each waist-dance, is this Hell for the virgins, their punishment for things like lying to their parents and skipping out of their bedrooms on school nights? Would that mean then that Hell and Heaven happened in the same place, just as different conditions within that reality?

Also, do the virgins have to consent to the sex with terrorists, or is it all like eternal #MeToo?

Are the virgins assigned to terrorists, or do they line all the virgins up and each terrorist gets to pick a virgin, round robin style, til everyone has seventy-two? Or maybe the virgins get to pick, looking over the terrorists and going, "Ummmm, I'll take Abdul."

And what happens if a terrorist gets there and there and enough virgins haven't died on earth that day? Does he get a few at a time, or would he have to wait til all seventy-two were lined up? What if a bus of really ugly Catholic schoolgirls crashed off a hilltop, and they went to the line and the terrorists thought they were hurl-worthy. Would they get to pass on them and wait for better virgins, or do they have to take what comes along? Let's face it, unless you're saving yourself for some higher ideal, if you're a female virgin past a certain shelf life, you're proooooobably not Grade-A, knowudimeen? What with men being what they are.

After a suicide bombing, would the terrorists even still be bodily cohesive enough to deflower the virgins? I imagine Mohammad Atta's penis was pretty smeared after flying into the Trade Center. If you think about it that was likely one of the first parts of him to hit the building. That thing must've looked like a Dole banana run over by a steamroller driven by Chris Farley.

And what about female martyrs? Do they get male virgins, or are they disappointed to find out in the Seventh Heaven it's all female all the time? Do they have to spend the first few months up there instructing these virginal boys about the little man in the boat? How boring. Maybe female martyrs get dead UCLA frat boys.

And what about those baby martyrs, the infants wrapped around a bomb and handed through a crowd? Do they have to wait til their balls drop, or is it like a molestation situation til they're thirteen or whatever?

Their virginity is eternally renewed. Me, I'd be happier with just one woman who knew what she was doing.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2018, 11:19:59 AM by Dark Alex » Logged

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #233 on: November 29, 2018, 10:30:42 AM »

Yeah, tennis is a lot more fun when you're playing someone who knows how to serve. Of course my one and only experience with a virgin did seem sweet. He said, "There's no place in the world I'd rather be right now." Awwwww! Things like that make up for the fact it was a fast minute.

(I've had too much caffeine today.)

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #234 on: December 01, 2018, 05:46:01 AM »

What if life is really a computer game, and when you experience Deja Vu, you have died and went back to the last save point?

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Svengoolie 3

« Reply #235 on: December 01, 2018, 07:00:50 AM »

Sadly in most abrahamic religions women are nothing but protperry to be owned by and servile to men.

If you want a religion that treated women like peolle try Sikhism, and no i'm not  a Sikh but I respect their views more than most religions.

ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #236 on: December 01, 2018, 11:22:24 AM »

So you could have bitten his dong off.   Wink

Sadly in most abrahamic religions women are nothing but protperry to be owned by and servile to men.

If you want a religion that treated women like peolle try Sikhism, and no i'm not  a Sikh but I respect their views more than most religions.

Definitely much good in Sikhism. Plus it's elevated carrying a dagger to holiness. Gotta love that.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2018, 11:55:27 AM by ER » Logged

ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #237 on: December 01, 2018, 11:23:46 AM »

What if life is really a computer game, and when you experience Deja Vu, you have died and went back to the last save point?

I'm half convinced that may be true. Or at that we relive our lives on a(n infinite?) loop.

ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #238 on: December 04, 2018, 03:38:30 PM »

Survival is deeply hardwired into all life forms, and one trick mammals use, whether we know it or not, is our ability to quick-read those around us and process what we perceive. Without this mammals would have died out long ago.

Animals focus on eyes, as do we humans, though less blatantly. We zero-in on eyes more than we know we do, so that just by changing the expression in your eyes you can change how others perceive you, not only at a conscious level but, more importantly, unconsciously.

Learning to project through your eyes is one of the most fundamental tools in manipulating others into taking up with the image you are hoping to craft. Usually by concentrating your thoughts on a trait or stereotype or emotion you will to some degree mirror that in your eyes and broadcast your reaction to that outwardly through your expression and eyes, so that with practice a person can become very good at this action, and actors, top salespeople, public speakers, those working undercover who need to become someone else, can often be quite good at the technique since there is nothing like mastering eye-changes to push a frame of reference at another person.

Think about yourself. Do you make eye contact readily, or do you gaze on and look away, gaze back and look away? When you meet another person's eyes, do you hold the contact? Do your eyes mirror what you're feeling at any given moment or are your eyes frozen from habit?

How much time have you spent examining other people's gaze? It's telling. What's also telling is how strongly we ID those we know based on a certain outlook in their eyes. Think about that for a moment and you'll probably see it's true, the light or darkness or smirk or shakiness of the eyes is something we associate with those we know well. I can instantly think of my grandma's eyes and the light that came from them, and I think of her in part from that, though she's been gone for almost a quarter-century.

Out in the world, whether you realize it or not, your mind is always working, checking out eyes and sending you back reports: "That person's mad. That person's formidable. That person's  crazy. That person is weak."

The eyes can tell all that and more, whether it's true or, with practice, a self-serving lie.

A century ago Sydney Reilly told his boss Reginald Fothergill that when he wanted to become another person out in the field, he didn't bother with heavy disguises, he changed the internal architecture of his gaze.

Reilly, by the way, (born Sigmund Georgievich Rosenblum) was the greatest spy of his era----the greatest spy of all time is by nature someone we never heard of----and he was right, the first step in any disguise is to get your gaze right. Everyone has a default gaze, that, sure, changes depending on your mood, but look at a number of pictures of yourself sometime, preferably those where you're not smiling, and you'll see, it's like a fingerprint, your eyes' expression. Practice changing that and you transform who you are. It's really very simple, and very profound, and some people practice it as a way of life.

The eyes, after all, are the mirrors of the soul, and we all know mirrors can lie.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2018, 03:41:31 PM by ER » Logged

Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #239 on: December 04, 2018, 08:53:57 PM »

Survival is deeply hardwired into all life forms, and one trick mammals use, whether we know it or not, is our ability to quick-read those around us and process what we perceive. Without this mammals would have died out long ago.

Animals focus on eyes, as do we humans, though less blatantly. We zero-in on eyes more than we know we do, so that just by changing the expression in your eyes you can change how others perceive you, not only at a conscious level but, more importantly, unconsciously.

Learning to project through your eyes is one of the most fundamental tools in manipulating others into taking up with the image you are hoping to craft. Usually by concentrating your thoughts on a trait or stereotype or emotion you will to some degree mirror that in your eyes and broadcast your reaction to that outwardly through your expression and eyes, so that with practice a person can become very good at this action, and actors, top salespeople, public speakers, those working undercover who need to become someone else, can often be quite good at the technique since there is nothing like mastering eye-changes to push a frame of reference at another person.

Think about yourself. Do you make eye contact readily, or do you gaze on and look away, gaze back and look away? When you meet another person's eyes, do you hold the contact? Do your eyes mirror what you're feeling at any given moment or are your eyes frozen from habit?

How much time have you spent examining other people's gaze? It's telling. What's also telling is how strongly we ID those we know based on a certain outlook in their eyes. Think about that for a moment and you'll probably see it's true, the light or darkness or smirk or shakiness of the eyes is something we associate with those we know well. I can instantly think of my grandma's eyes and the light that came from them, and I think of her in part from that, though she's been gone for almost a quarter-century.

Out in the world, whether you realize it or not, your mind is always working, checking out eyes and sending you back reports: "That person's mad. That person's formidable. That person's  crazy. That person is weak."

The eyes can tell all that and more, whether it's true or, with practice, a self-serving lie.

A century ago Sydney Reilly told his boss Reginald Fothergill that when he wanted to become another person out in the field, he didn't bother with heavy disguises, he changed the internal architecture of his gaze.

Reilly, by the way, (born Sigmund Georgievich Rosenblum) was the greatest spy of his era----the greatest spy of all time is by nature someone we never heard of----and he was right, the first step in any disguise is to get your gaze right. Everyone has a default gaze, that, sure, changes depending on your mood, but look at a number of pictures of yourself sometime, preferably those where you're not smiling, and you'll see, it's like a fingerprint, your eyes' expression. Practice changing that and you transform who you are. It's really very simple, and very profound, and some people practice it as a way of life.

The eyes, after all, are the mirrors of the soul, and we all know mirrors can lie.

Interesting... I do not agree that the eyes are the mirror of the soul; I expect many fiends walk among us undetected.  I don't see as well as I once did, but always felt eyes can be misunderstood.  More and more I rely "on my gut" to determine something I might not otherwise.  I agree that the smarter the mammal, the warier.  However, it seems human beings have a monopoly on paranoia. 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Deep Thoughts.... « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.