Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 10:27:02 AM
714234 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Deep Thoughts.... « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 17
Author Topic: Deep Thoughts....  (Read 51634 times)
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #75 on: September 09, 2018, 07:01:15 PM »

...I love science and have always tried to install some appreciation of its complex wonders into my children.

Like today my seven-year-old son was filling up a bucket with a hose and I said water was composed of two flammable elements, hydrogen and oxygen, yet amazingly if I dropped a match into it it wouldn't burn, and did he know why that was?

He looked at me like I was crazy and said, "Because the match would sink and go out?"

Deep thoughts, son, deep thoughts....

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #76 on: September 10, 2018, 08:30:10 AM »

....so what if one day in deep space the TARDIS landed on the Red Dwarf and the ninth doctor told Lister don't freak I just need this ship a second, so then the doctor summoned all the doctors there but the time space paradox of all of them in the same place on the Red Dwarf overloaded reality and doctor number five said with boyish charm I know who could help, my old friend Data, so they landed on Enterprise D's cargo bay and Data came out and met them and revealed that their entire existence was as a molecule of biological matter stuck on Trevor's oldest underpants?

Man I would definitely watch that.

Svengoolie 3
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #77 on: September 10, 2018, 10:05:37 AM »

I. Played in a RPG that involved. Capaldi's doctor and the red dwarf crew.  I played kryten, and the crew. Was. Subjected to an optimization field that made them the perfect version of themselves. Dimmer became Ace Rimmer, and kryten became Data.

Yes, that really happened.  Next year the same. GM ran a. Crossover of doctor who and the dukes of hazard.

The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.
Svengoolie 3
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #78 on: September 10, 2018, 11:22:40 AM »

Here's a bonus visual deep thought:

The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #79 on: September 11, 2018, 10:42:20 AM »

Here's a bonus visual deep thought:

That's funny.

ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #80 on: September 11, 2018, 10:45:26 AM »

...I knew a hippie girl in Austin who used to go to North Texas University, and she was so broke then she'd steal toilet paper from the college restrooms. One day a telephone survey taker called her and asked what brand of toilet paper she preferred, and since she got hers at NORTH Texas University, she said, "Northern."

ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #81 on: September 11, 2018, 10:47:16 AM »

...kilt. A garment worn in the Scottish Highlands; among Appalachians kilt also stands in as the past tense of an act of homicide.

ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #82 on: September 11, 2018, 10:57:40 AM »

...it is believed the pressure on Jupiter grows so great that gases assume a solid state and reach temperatures hotter than the surface of the sun. Now if we take that as a given, why hasn't the definition of what a gas is been re-written? I think that answer lies in a conspiracy involving Shriners and OPEC. Think about it. Who has more to gain than oil producers and the guys who drive those tiny cars at parades?

ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #83 on: September 11, 2018, 10:59:32 AM »

...When Jesus said, "Let the one who is without sin cast the first stone..." wasn't it lucky for that harlot on the ground that that Jesus' mother wasn't around?

ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #84 on: September 11, 2018, 11:02:24 AM »

...I think Irish dancing began because some boy dropped a spider down some girl's back.

ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #85 on: September 11, 2018, 11:05:19 AM »

...You know what's a total conversation killer? When you're with a bunch of your friends and you go, "You know that violent ringing in your ears you get when you blow your nose?" And everyone else says all at once: "No."

ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #86 on: September 11, 2018, 11:18:32 AM »

...last week as I mentioned to a lot of people I know, including some on this site, I kept seeing old Irish omens of death on an almost daily basis; the wind one night even sounded like a keening banshee, so I walked out and listened closer. The best/creepiest of these omens though was when I was standing in an old cemetery and a crow flew in fast and landed a few feet from me on a tombstone, looked right at me and cawed three times, which is straight out of Celtic legend. I was impressed! Well then after days of all these strange things I was driving into downtown and when I got there the entire inner city was shut down following a mass shooting that took place across the street from where I was heading. I had been due there forty-five minutes earlier but I rescheduled. Without that rescheduling I would have been walking exactly through the lobby of the building where this shooting happened, almost exactly where it happened. And what's worse I'd have left the Desert Eagle I carry in my car since taking it into where I was going is always too much trouble, even though I am authorized to enter there armed. The irony, potentially dying unarmed and not getting my chance at Valhalla since I'd have died without my weapon in my hand rolled over me with a mighty WOW. Since that day I have had no death-omens.

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #87 on: September 11, 2018, 11:34:07 AM »

...last week as I mentioned to a lot of people I know, including some on this site, I kept seeing old Irish omens of death on an almost daily basis; the wind one night even sounded like a keening banshee, so I walked out and listened closer. The best/creepiest of these omens though was when I was standing in an old cemetery and a crow flew in fast and landed a few feet from me on a tombstone, looked right at me and cawed three times, which is straight out of Celtic legend. I was impressed! Well then after days of all these strange things I was driving into downtown and when I got there the entire inner city was shut down following a mass shooting that took place across the street from where I was heading. I had been due there forty-five minutes earlier but I rescheduled. Without that rescheduling I would have been walking exactly through the lobby of the building where this shooting happened, almost exactly where it happened. And what's worse I'd have left the Desert Eagle I carry in my car since taking it into where I was going is always too much trouble, even though I am authorized to enter there armed. The irony, potentially dying unarmed and not getting my chance at Valhalla since I'd have died without my weapon in my hand rolled over me with a mighty WOW. Since that day I have had no death-omens.

Ah, but if you die in combat you only have a 50/50 chance of making it to Valhalla. For Odin gets half and the other half go to Fólkvangr to dwell with Freyja.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #88 on: September 11, 2018, 11:49:34 AM »

Ah, but if you die in combat you only have a 50/50 chance of making it to Valhalla. For Odin gets half and the other half go to Fólkvangr to dwell with Freyja.
Dang, you're so orthodox.

ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #89 on: September 11, 2018, 11:50:06 AM »

...the staircase was hungry.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 17
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Deep Thoughts.... « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.