Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:55:09 PM
713372 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Deep Thoughts.... « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 17
Author Topic: Deep Thoughts....  (Read 50664 times)
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #90 on: September 11, 2018, 11:54:45 AM »

...last week as I mentioned to a lot of people I know, including some on this site, I kept seeing old Irish omens of death on an almost daily basis; the wind one night even sounded like a keening banshee, so I walked out and listened closer. The best/creepiest of these omens though was when I was standing in an old cemetery and a crow flew in fast and landed a few feet from me on a tombstone, looked right at me and cawed three times, which is straight out of Celtic legend. I was impressed! Well then after days of all these strange things I was driving into downtown and when I got there the entire inner city was shut down following a mass shooting that took place across the street from where I was heading. I had been due there forty-five minutes earlier but I rescheduled. Without that rescheduling I would have been walking exactly through the lobby of the building where this shooting happened, almost exactly where it happened. And what's worse I'd have left the Desert Eagle I carry in my car since taking it into where I was going is always too much trouble, even though I am authorized to enter there armed. The irony, potentially dying unarmed and not getting my chance at Valhalla since I'd have died without my weapon in my hand rolled over me with a mighty WOW. Since that day I have had no death-omens.

Ah, but if you die in combat you only have a 50/50 chance of making it to Valhalla. For Odin gets half and the other half go to Fólkvangr to dwell with Freyja.
Dang, you're so orthodox.

If it helps, then can I also point out that being a woman in Valhalla most likely means you get to spend eternity serving the men ale for them to quaff. Oh, and you can also get into Fólkvangr by being a woman and dying a noble death (what ever that means).

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #91 on: September 11, 2018, 12:26:40 PM »

...this 'work thing' is obstructing my deep thoughts.

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #92 on: September 11, 2018, 12:49:53 PM »

...last week as I mentioned to a lot of people I know, including some on this site, I kept seeing old Irish omens of death on an almost daily basis; the wind one night even sounded like a keening banshee, so I walked out and listened closer. The best/creepiest of these omens though was when I was standing in an old cemetery and a crow flew in fast and landed a few feet from me on a tombstone, looked right at me and cawed three times, which is straight out of Celtic legend. I was impressed! Well then after days of all these strange things I was driving into downtown and when I got there the entire inner city was shut down following a mass shooting that took place across the street from where I was heading. I had been due there forty-five minutes earlier but I rescheduled. Without that rescheduling I would have been walking exactly through the lobby of the building where this shooting happened, almost exactly where it happened. And what's worse I'd have left the Desert Eagle I carry in my car since taking it into where I was going is always too much trouble, even though I am authorized to enter there armed. The irony, potentially dying unarmed and not getting my chance at Valhalla since I'd have died without my weapon in my hand rolled over me with a mighty WOW. Since that day I have had no death-omens.

Ah, but if you die in combat you only have a 50/50 chance of making it to Valhalla. For Odin gets half and the other half go to Fólkvangr to dwell with Freyja.

If it helps, then can I also point out that being a woman in Valhalla most likely means you get to spend eternity serving the men ale for them to quaff. Oh, and you can also get into Fólkvangr by being a woman and dying a noble death (what ever that means).
There goes my backup religion.

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #93 on: September 11, 2018, 01:53:16 PM »

There goes my backup religion.

Have you ever considered Pastafarianism (bless his noodley goodness).

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #94 on: September 12, 2018, 09:39:51 AM »

...you know what I think would be scary? If the Washington monument came alive and started raping people.

indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #95 on: September 12, 2018, 06:46:38 PM »

But . . . what if C-A-T really spells "dog"????  Buggedout

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #96 on: September 13, 2018, 09:48:25 AM »

...hang on to your books and photographs, digital is the most fragile medium of the last 5,000 years.

ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #97 on: September 15, 2018, 11:18:58 PM »

...it's always memorable when you run into an old friend, but it's hell on your car insurance premiums.

ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #98 on: September 15, 2018, 11:22:27 PM »

...it's always easier to judge someone else than it is to judge ourselves.

ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #99 on: September 16, 2018, 12:30:50 AM »

... considering I cheer and shout for my kid on the soccer field and clearly have conversations with her and the rest of my family members, I don't think the other soccer parents are still buying into the cover story that the reason I don't talk to them is that I'm deaf and mute.

ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #100 on: September 16, 2018, 12:33:05 AM »

...is it a little strange that my Bat Cave is a mausoleum?

ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #101 on: September 16, 2018, 12:34:17 AM »

...I sometimes wonder if dryer sheets spread mind control drugs.

ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #102 on: September 16, 2018, 12:37:10 AM »

...did hippies really come into existence in the '60s, or has every society had its version of hippies?

ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #103 on: September 16, 2018, 12:39:56 AM »

....I seriously have a theory (I'm not kidding) that the reason the plane carrying Buddy Holly et al crashed was because the Big Bopper was changing clothes and fell forward into the pilot.

ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #104 on: September 16, 2018, 12:42:37 AM »

...east, west, south, north are entirely arbitrary designations since we have no idea what direction is "up" in our galaxy, or in the universe.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 17
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Deep Thoughts.... « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.