Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 12:15:48 AM
713382 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Deep Thoughts.... « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 17
Author Topic: Deep Thoughts....  (Read 50682 times)
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #120 on: September 18, 2018, 10:23:46 AM »

How can the old buildings like that of Puma Punku, the Great Pyramids, Machu Picchu, Easter Island-how these things-magnificent things-can be that old and that precise? How they were built? I've heard all sorts of theories. But no one will ever know.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #121 on: September 18, 2018, 10:26:46 AM »

rc- maybe its different where you are, but here in Boston the bike lanes are full of rich white guys dressed like they are inthe tour de france who glare at motorists for no reason. and write b***hy letters to the editor to the Boston Globe wanting more laws and more police everywhere for their hobby
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #122 on: September 18, 2018, 10:34:17 AM »

rc- maybe its different where you are, but here in Boston the bike lanes are full of rich white guys dressed like they are inthe tour de france who glare at motorists for no reason. and write b***hy letters to the editor to the Boston Globe wanting more laws and more police everywhere for their hobby
I know what kind of people your talking about. When I lived on Long Island- I had to go threw the Hamptons to get to my job on the docks, loading ice onto the fishing boats. Plastic people.
I just don't understand the civil rights, Sandanista connection.

They're rich pricks like Donald Trump. Ignore them.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2018, 10:51:41 AM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #123 on: September 18, 2018, 11:43:29 AM »

...we can ignore even pleasure, but pain persists upon being attended to. God whispers to us in our pleasures, speaks in our conscience, but shouts in our pains: it is his megaphone to rouse a deaf world. (A deep thought from C.S. Lewis.)

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #124 on: September 18, 2018, 11:54:31 AM »

.....some things that must suck include being too tired to sleep, gaining weight but staying flat-chested, and being a globe-maker if the day ever comes they prove the planet is flat.

El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #125 on: September 18, 2018, 04:05:22 PM »

I'm guessing these are the same type of cyclists who thinks that road laws only applies to both motorists and pedestrians. those people needs a slap to the face from a pedestrian.

yeah no.
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #126 on: September 18, 2018, 04:18:22 PM »

I'm guessing these are the same type of cyclists who thinks that road laws only applies to both motorists and pedestrians. those people needs a slap to the face from a pedestrian.
Ah, take heart, the outfits those men wear are so tight at least they'll never reproduce.

Svengoolie 3
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #127 on: September 18, 2018, 04:25:07 PM »

How can the old buildings like that of Puma Punku, the Great Pyramids, Machu Picchu, Easter Island-how these things-magnificent things-can be that old and that precise? How they were built? I've heard all sorts of theories. But no one will ever know.

Rc a lot of these stories are. Simply lies.  Puma punku was lied about.  The so called extremely hard stone that was  'impossible'  is actually fairly soft and easily cut.. The. Statues. On Easter island could be made by. Primitive people and moved,  it's been done by. Modern. People using primitive tools and techniques.

Also the people of Easter island destroyed their island's ecology making those religious statues and died out as a result.

The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #128 on: September 18, 2018, 04:41:12 PM »

Rc a lot of these stories are. Simply lies.  Puma punku was lied about.  The so called extremely hard stone that was  'impossible'  is actually fairly soft and easily cut.. The. Statues. On Easter island could be made by. Primitive people and moved,  it's been done by. Modern. People using primitive tools and techniques.

Also the people of Easter island destroyed their island's ecology making those religious statues and died out as a result.

Who said they were lies? Question The huge stones at Puma Punku are 1000 of years old and still retain very precise lines. Many are exactly the same as the other. Plus they are f**king huge...on top of a mountain. And thrown about like a kid's Legos.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2018, 04:52:35 PM by RCMerchant » Logged

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #129 on: September 18, 2018, 06:39:56 PM »

misfit, ER - they are basicallly the opposite of bikers. Bikers are outlaws riding around selling drugs or whatever it is they do. cyclists have high paying jobs, live in gentrified formerly cool neighborhoods and want more laws. Where did we go wrong? as a nation
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #130 on: September 18, 2018, 08:20:01 PM »

Check out a video by David MacAulay entitled PYRAMID.  Very cool stuff on how they were built!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Svengoolie 3

« Reply #131 on: September 18, 2018, 08:41:04 PM »

https://skeptoid.com/episodes/4202

ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #132 on: September 18, 2018, 08:59:20 PM »

misfit, ER - they are basicallly the opposite of bikers. Bikers are outlaws riding around selling drugs or whatever it is they do. cyclists have high paying jobs, live in gentrified formerly cool neighborhoods and want more laws. Where did we go wrong? as a nation
In the spirit of Yom Kippur I say we go with tradition and just blame the Jews for this, too. Sound like a fix?
« Last Edit: September 18, 2018, 09:05:01 PM by ER » Logged

Svengoolie 3

« Reply #133 on: September 18, 2018, 11:35:03 PM »

Sigh. Ok, jokes about priests and boys are not making fun of what they do to children. Tjey're about slamming the church for it's reaction to what their clergy were doing.

Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #134 on: September 19, 2018, 12:41:07 AM »

So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past. 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 17
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Deep Thoughts.... « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.