Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 11:06:58 AM
714358 Posts in 53095 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Deep Thoughts.... « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17
Author Topic: Deep Thoughts....  (Read 51923 times)
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #210 on: October 23, 2018, 10:57:20 PM »

Our current predicament calls to mind the old proverb: Most nations, sooner or later, wind up with the government they deserve.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #211 on: October 24, 2018, 07:35:28 AM »

Today is one of those days where an otherwise efficient worker made a tiny blunder a few weeks back and only now the proverbial doo-doo hits the fan.  Bluesad

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #212 on: October 24, 2018, 09:36:47 PM »

....Alfred Adler claimed Freud and biologists had it wrong and the sex drive is not the greatest motivating factor in life, he argued that the desire for self-approval is.

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
Svengoolie 3
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #213 on: October 25, 2018, 01:37:45 AM »

Some deep thoughts...

Small | Large

The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.
Svengoolie 3

« Reply #214 on: October 25, 2018, 01:45:07 AM »

This video has some deep thoughts in it, then again so did the whole series...

Small | Large

ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #215 on: October 25, 2018, 09:25:24 AM »

....once I spent a weekend driving around seeing all these Texas Hill Country sites with ties to Comanche history, and one night soon after I dreamed I was in a teepee playing Dig-Dug with Quanah Parker, so I woke up and told the man who had shown me all those places, and half-asleep he said, "Whoa, that's a spirit dream. A vision."

I said, "What, the spirit of the last Comanche chief Quanah Parker wants to play an '80s video game with me?"

He wasn't kidding and didn't even like me making a joke of it, he believed in things like that and he said, "Just dreaming about someone as powerful as Quanah Parker being with you is a spirit dream and your mind is trying to put it in the context of something familiar to your past, that's why you saw a video game in it. What did he say to you?"

"I don't think he said anything."

"Then he was teaching you with silence."

I'd told him about the dream thinking he'd laugh but he talked about it for days and kept asking me what I thought it meant.

I thought it meant I'd spent all weekend hearing about Quanah Parker and Comanche history but he was convinced it was mystical.

ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #216 on: October 25, 2018, 11:11:14 AM »

....since I inherited Great Aunt Tillie's estate my husband has never been sweeter to me. Why just the other night I woke straight up in bed to him giving me a neckrub from the front, both hands wrapped around me. The poor dear doesn't know his own strength though he sure does love me and I had to pry his hands loose to tell him enough was enough. Left me breathless and dizzy, it did. And now he wants to take me to Rock City to see Lover's Leap. He's so romantic....

ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #217 on: October 26, 2018, 09:32:12 AM »

....hard to believe we're coming up on twenty-five years since River Phoenix died. I think I was just the right age for his death to make a big impact on me and on most of those my age I knew. It was an extremely cold Halloween that night, snow falling, even, the last time we trick or treated, already an anachronism but we went anyway. When I first heard about a young star from Stand By Me overdosing, my thoughts went toward Corey Feldman, the most likely candidate for that. Until the next spring River Phoenix's was THEE big passing of cultural mega-significance, then of course he got lost in the post April 1994 tidal wave, but for half a year death made him loom vast in our collective consciousness. A quarter-century ago. Just wow.

ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #218 on: October 26, 2018, 10:29:51 AM »

...maybe when I turn forty this Christmas Eve I should say I am "thirty-nine years and thirteen months....thirty-nine years and fourteen months..." etc.  Nah, truth is I am proud to add each year to life. I'm glad to still be here. Every age is a new frontier and a new treasure, and someday when I'm thirty-nine years and three-hundred-sixty months, forty will seem like a babe in the woods.

ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #219 on: October 26, 2018, 10:48:45 AM »

....G.K. Chesterton said many good things but his best might be: dead things drift with the tides; it is only that which is living that can swim against the currents.

ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #220 on: October 26, 2018, 01:13:56 PM »

....to fear nothing, to desire nothing, is to be free.

ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #221 on: November 27, 2018, 02:17:46 PM »

For most of this century I've been friends with a proclaimed trance medium (he believes he is, anyway, doesn't charge anyone, nice man) I met through the sister of some guy I knew in college, and while he feels he channels astrally by himself, when he links up in a trance with his husband he feels together they reach higher planes.

He is from Spain and spent time in a seminary training for the Catholic priesthood before deciding the multiverse works other than Rome says it does. He went from the seminary to Morocco for a sort of vision quest and feels he left his body and met some higher teacher in the Atlas mountains after fasting and mediating the best part of a week and counts that as the experience that changed his life.

He says he came down off the mountain and an old man in a shack surrounded by goats fed him flat bread and watery goat cheese after and he learned from that the kindness of strangers.

I asked if he ever thought how lucky he was to be coming half-dead but high on enlightenment off a mountaintop in an Islamic country, where hospitality to strangers is taken so seriously, instead of other places where strangers are shunned, and he told me he thinks the lesson was people love one another when fear is removed, and the old man loved him and he loved the old man.

Not ridiculing that outlook, just have never quite been sure that's a solid lesson or not. People can be dangerous and xenophobia can be fatal.

Anyway, he has long told me I reflect a mingling of scholar-warrior energy from the Tao, and that I also have more "open channels" than most of those who reflect that manifestation of the Tao.

I have asked him what that means and he says it means I have more of an imaginative connection to the unseen and more instinctive hunches than those in scholarly or warrior-like categories often have, and also it all lends me a versatility single category or single-channeled people fail to have. He said I love information and knowledge, but distrust theory.

I greeted this evaluation when he first gave it to me long ago with a sort of that's cool shrug and while I enjoy talking to him I can't say that supposed diagnosis of my soul has ever played much of a part in how I've lived my life in the seventeen or so years since he told it to me.

But then the other night I shared with him some disturbances in the Force that have surrounded my son, who opened up a fortnight ago about how....unhappy he was about some things, and then today I got this long email from the Spanish medium he said he did not compose but was "automatically written" by one of my "spirit guides" and it says my son is remembering a past life when he was killed in childhood as part of a persecuted minority and my son's (I think) overreaction to all this stems from his superconscious recalling via cell memory the consequences of the last time he was cast in a role of an outsider focused on by an established group. He said my son's energy is strongly warrior-like and he dislikes both feeling weak, and being alone, since warriors like to be in a regiment, whether literally or figuratively: they want their group, whatever that group is, so to be an outsider torments him.

Again, I was kinda like aw, cool, thanks, and don't plan to do anything with what he told me but I also do think the way my son has reacted to some things he's going through (at age seven) hasn't been logical and seems more teen-like and it has had something like an ungrasped motivation behind it.

Above all I think my son wants to conform and conformity in general is not a virtue I prize (or criticize, it's his life) but this medium coming up with this claimed explanation seems so oddly....logical in a supremely unlikely way.

This is the same man who told me the diamond-shaped birthmark on my shoulder is a memory scar from where I suffered a fatal past life injury, so he's into inter-life bleed-throughs of problems and traumas and influences. He said for instance his sister's blindness was chosen by her to pay off karma for blinding Turkish prisoners of war centuries ago in the Byzantine Empire.

He says my life is heavily karmic in nature, that as a mature soul living in a young soul world I've chosen hard lessons about loss, and I have rarely been more connected via past life ties to any number of people than I am today when so many close to me have been in other lifetimes with me before. He said the ties of owing and being owed karma are pulling me multiple directions because I chose to try to balance a lot of things "this time around." He said as a result I reached an overload point and said hell with it all and copped out (his words) when I sought simplified answers via Christianity.

That's his claim.

It's true I changed 180 degrees in many ways in my early thirties, but it's also true he knew that.

All this interests me and I could listen to/read him all day, I just don't feel greatly influenced by what he says as a signpost on how this life ought to be lived. I do know the first time I went to London I knew my way around and kept feeling like things had been changed and that unsettled me. Does that mean I once (or more than once) lived there, or was I feeling some genetic ancestral memory, or did I just read about the city so much I had a grasp of it?

I think the universe is a strange place, that's what I think.

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #222 on: November 27, 2018, 09:18:02 PM »

I think if I had any brains, I'd be dangerous.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Svengoolie 3

« Reply #223 on: November 27, 2018, 10:41:03 PM »

I think if I had any brains, I'd be dangerous.

Just like a shoggoth...

ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #224 on: November 28, 2018, 10:15:11 PM »

Know what's a scary thought to me? If I'd died when I was fifteen, like I almost did, I might've ended up as one of some terrorist's seventy-two virgins.

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Deep Thoughts.... « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.