Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:33:08 PM
713364 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  DEMONOID (1980) « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: DEMONOID (1980)  (Read 1896 times)
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« on: September 08, 2018, 03:47:44 PM »

Alright-where to start?  Well- there's a prolouge! A bunch of Devil worshpippers back who know when chain a woman up, rip her blouse open so we can get a tittie shot, (enjoy it-it's the only one in the film), and cut off her hand....which crawls into a tiny coffin. Flash forward-
 Samantha Egger  is in Mexico with her husband at his mine. Never says what kind of mine-just a mine. A mine containing mummies and Devil worshipping s**t. Her hubby becomes possessed by the hand, seals his workers in the mine with TNT, and heads to Vegas.
In Vegas he's on a winning streak- and is kidnapped. He kills his kidnappers, yet sets himself on fire with gasoline. They bury him.
Aw f**k. To make a stupid story short- his corpse blasts out of the ground like shot out of a cannon, and cuts it's own hand off with a cop car door (!).  And possesses the cop!  Who makes a doctor cut it off him  (at gunpoint!).  The hand kills the cop and possesss the doctor-and so on blah blablah. OH! The hand does leap out an apartment building window and hitch a ride on Stuart Whitman's car (he plays a priest), and even escapes by hitching a ride on the under carriage of a freight train!
Oh! You can tell when the hand possess anyone-because you get a flash of lightning, and a cardboard shadow cut-out of the devil flashing across the screen.
It's actually a fun movie. Makes very little real sense. But it's bloody, and it ain't slow. It moves right along!

Small | Large
« Last Edit: September 08, 2018, 05:32:22 PM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
zombie no.one
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Oookaay...

« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2018, 04:23:21 PM »

from reading your description I was sure I knew which movie this was, but looking at the trailer I'm sure I've never seen it.

looks like fun anyway...very grindhouse-y production values

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2018, 05:29:15 PM »

Zombie #1- It's right up yer ally!  Thumbup  Thumbup
I enjoyed it quite a bit.  Drink

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2018, 09:08:47 PM »

Haven't seen it, like zombie#1, the trailer informs me.  Another one I'd thought I'd seen (hell, I saw THE BROOD when it was almost new!)  SAMANTHA EGGAR again!   TeddyR  I like when movies are full of trash while zipping along! 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2018, 09:59:38 PM »

just found it on youtube and started watching but it's in Spanish...(- but if the movie doesn't make much sense anyway, maybe that's not  a problem!)

Haven't seen it, like zombie#1, the trailer informs me.  Another one I'd thought I'd seen (hell, I saw THE BROOD when it was almost new!)  SAMANTHA EGGAR again!   TeddyR 

THE BROOD is great, probably my favourite Cronenberg movie

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2018, 08:30:31 AM »

I saw this on USA Network dog years ago. It recently popped up on Amazon so I added it to my never-ending watch list, haven't had time to revisit it yet.

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2018, 11:30:21 AM »

I bought the blu-ray last year. It has two versions of the movie. One is called MACABRA and has less graphic death scenes (although,  think the running time is slightly longer).

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  DEMONOID (1980) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.