Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 09:55:18 AM
714259 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7737 Members
Latest Member: NannieHime
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Best Hammer DVD Sets to Get All the Christopher Lee Dracula Movies in the US? « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Best Hammer DVD Sets to Get All the Christopher Lee Dracula Movies in the US?  (Read 2036 times)
dcj2112
Bad Movie Lover

« on: September 14, 2018, 12:12:37 PM »

I wish they sold these as a complete set, but such is life. What would be the best route to get all the movies with minimum overlap? I’m looking for DVDs mostly rather than Blu-ray. Thanks in advance for any help :)
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2018, 01:54:10 PM »

I did see a boxed set of every Hammer movie a while back. I'll try and see if I can find it, and how available it is over in the States.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
dcj2112
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2018, 02:59:31 PM »

I did see a boxed set of every Hammer movie a while back. I'll try and see if I can find it, and how available it is over in the States.

I know there was a 21 disc or so set released in the UK. But it retails for like $180 and I’ve heard people saying their players won’t work with it (though mine should as it is region free).

I’d be curious about the set you mentioned. Do you mean it has ALL the Hammer Films or just the key monster movies and their sequels? Because in all going back to 1935, Hammer produced 163 movies. And that’s not counting the movies produced during the revived period.

Anyway, thanks for any insight :)
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2018, 03:01:08 PM »

I have the small boxed set, but I did see something online that advertised their full original output (not including the new movies). I never looked into it more as I figured it would be more expensive than I was willing to pay.

If you want the 21 disc set it is available in the UK for around £40. Try checking Amazon.co.uk rather than .com and check the prices there rather than splashing $180 on it.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2018, 03:08:32 PM by Dark Alex » Logged

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
dcj2112
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2018, 06:23:25 PM »

I have the small boxed set, but I did see something online that advertised their full original output (not including the new movies). I never looked into it more as I figured it would be more expensive than I was willing to pay.

If you want the 21 disc set it is available in the UK for around £40. Try checking Amazon.co.uk rather than .com and check the prices there rather than splashing $180 on it.

Awesome recommendation on suggesting .co.uk rather than the .com! I didn't think of that and just saw the $180 price tag and thought, "Screw that" but these prices are much better.

There appears to be two separate versions, one put out in 2006 and one in 2013. Interestingly the 2013 one is about half the price. Any idea what the differences are? I tried reading some reviews, but none made it clear. I would assume that the 2013 version is just the same discs in a less elaborate container without some of the other physical items the original set may have. However, I could be wrong.  
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2018, 06:27:54 PM »

I am not sure. My wife bought the box set for me a couple of years ago, so I'd guess I have 2013 version. The box folds out into the shape of a black crucifix (and opens so it is upside down). The discs themselves just came in sleeves inside the box. I have no idea on how that compares to the other version.

dcj2112
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2018, 06:34:00 PM »

I am not sure. My wife bought the box set for me a couple of years ago, so I'd guess I have 2013 version. The box folds out into the shape of a black crucifix (and opens so it is upside down). The discs themselves just came in sleeves inside the box. I have no idea on how that compares to the other version.

No worries, I think I'll go with the 2013 version since I don't really focus on the packaging and all that. Thanks so much for your help :)

I still want to get the other Lee Dracula films outside of this, but this set sounds like a great deal!
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Best Hammer DVD Sets to Get All the Christopher Lee Dracula Movies in the US? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.