Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 05:26:04 PM
714241 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  So I got around to seeing Spider Man and... « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: So I got around to seeing Spider Man and...  (Read 10508 times)
Cullen
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2002, 08:11:38 PM »

None take was what I meant to post.  However, the thought of a man with a bowel cut on stilts seems to have warped my fragile little mind.  (That and Spider-man fighting a man in a Godzilla suit in the middle of the sewers.)

Now, is it sad that I know this?
Squishy
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2002, 08:31:07 PM »

Aw, hells no. I remember that awful comic. I remember the cigar-chomping SHIELD idiot in the bowler and his upright-but-funky Black sidekick floating around in their Dick Tracy space-buckets, and I remember Dr. Demonicus and his menagerie. THAT's sad.

Not as sad as a man with a "bowel" cut, though. :)
Squishy
« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2002, 08:32:16 PM »

God help me, I just remembered the "Kenny" character and his giant robot, Red Ronin. Eeeeeeeeeeee it burns eeeeeeeeeee
Cullen
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2002, 08:56:43 PM »

It might have been awful -- it's been years since I had one in hand -- but I LOVED that comic as a kid.  I have tons of fond (if faint) memories of that series and the Marvel "Shogun Warrior" series.  

You just can't find those comics anywhere any more.  Probably cost an arm and a leg if you did.
chris
« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2002, 10:32:40 PM »

I think they should re-invent the franchise as Peter-Porker - Spider-Ham.  I don't know if I was the only kid that read (and loved) this comic, but after Spider-Man doing so poorly at the box-office it really needs a re-vamp.  Plus, Joel Schumacher should direct Freddie Prinz Jr. in the Porker role.  AND MECHANICAL WEB-SHOOTERS ON THE PIG!
Squishy
« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2002, 08:37:45 AM »

Comics2film.com reports a rumor that Robin Williams is being considered for Doc Ock. Just a rumor. Still, I and officially scared.
Cullen
« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2002, 09:58:34 AM »

The reviews have been good for Williams' preformance in "Insomnia" and he might well do a good job as Ock.  But...I don't know.  He doesn't strike me as Otto Octavius.  Course, William DaFoe didn't strike me as the Green Goblin, either, until after I saw the movie.

The worst rumor I heard about Ock casting came years ago.  Arnold Schwarzenegger as Doc Ock.  Talk about wrong for the part...
Squishy
« Reply #22 on: May 30, 2002, 10:28:31 AM »

Schwartznegger? Holy crapfest, Batman!

True, Williams finally took a break from his recent rut of manic "Jesus"-figure roles to play even scarier loons, both in Insomnia and the upcoming One Hour Photo, but every time I try to picture him as Ock, I keep seeing him in Toys for some reason. And he won't stop screaming at the camera.

Now I'm having visions of a new Superman movie--Nicholas Cage is there in his dream role, Arnold Schwartznegger is Lex Luthor, Alicia Silverstone is Lois Lane, Danny DeVito is Mister Mxyzptlk, and Patrick Stewart is camping it up as Brainiac...in drag.

With Mark Pillow as Nuclear Man.

help me
Nathan
« Reply #23 on: May 30, 2002, 10:32:50 AM »

I'm officially starting my campaign for Lance Henriksen as Doc Ock right now.

Nathan
Law Dog
« Reply #24 on: May 30, 2002, 10:25:29 PM »

<>

Mark Pillow was the Klinton Spilsbury of his time.
J.R.
« Reply #25 on: May 30, 2002, 10:36:40 PM »

Doc Ock has to be kind of chubby and German, so sorry, Henriksen is out. I'd say Martin Sheen, but he was Wynn in Spawn, and no one should be two comic villains.  Joe Estevez! Naw, I'm not that lucky. How about Michael Douglas? His impressive chin-butt alone would make him a daunting menace.
Akira Tubo
« Reply #26 on: May 30, 2002, 10:56:45 PM »

Whoever they cast as Doc Ock, I hope it isn't some "big name" actor completely wrong for the part, like Arnie as Mr. Freeze.

Willem Defoe was a great choice for Norman Osbourne/Green Goblin.  I wouldn\'t have thought so before I saw the movie but he surprised me.  I hope they continue casting in that vein.
Cullen
« Reply #27 on: May 30, 2002, 11:13:44 PM »

I can't see him as Ock.  Curt Conners on the other hand...
Cullen
« Reply #28 on: May 31, 2002, 12:00:29 AM »

With Adam Sandler as Jimmy Olsen!
Squishy
« Reply #29 on: May 31, 2002, 12:07:22 AM »

(peeing on wall) "Hello mistah Supermans...I'm like yah biggest fah-yan..."

"Pillow & Spilsbury" should do a cop-buddy picture...if anyone can find them.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  So I got around to seeing Spider Man and... « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.