Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:52:19 PM
713371 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  I don't know how to feel about this... « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: I don't know how to feel about this...  (Read 11702 times)
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2018, 03:23:40 AM »

Am I the only one that find it absurd or at least poorly thought out to tag people with a virtual kiss of death in employment terms that expect them to ever be useful members of society again?  Question

I don't think they should allowed back into society. They should be locked up forever or killed.
If they touched my kid I would f**king kill them.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2018, 03:48:05 AM »

That is something he should have thought about before doing his crime. He has paid the price the law demands for it, now he'll pay societies. For William (the guy I reported) it would have been much easier for me to mention his name to certain people and he'd have disappeared, but I figured that would be too quickly over and I did not owe him any mercy. So now he lives a life without friends, if he gets a job it will be minimum wage, no chance of ever getting a girlfriend.

He'll live a sad, lonely life. He'll live alone and when he finally dies he will be unmourned and quickly forgotten. To me that is a suitable punishment. And to me that is a very useful thing to society, much more useful than him getting a job. Other creeps like him can take a look at him and think "Wow, that is how I could end up." Let them see him out on the street, being spat on, mocked, being kicked and punched by passers by. If he moves to an area where people don't know him he should have to wear a sign announcing "I am a filthy f**king pervert!" so parents know to keep their kids away from him and he can never be a threat to children again.

If you want this man to have a job, I can think of openings in areas like drug trials (rather than testing on animals), minefield clearance, bomb disposal... any number of ways he could be useful. Giving him roles in big Hollywood movies, f**k no. I find that an incredibly stupid and inane thing to do that sends out all kinds of wrong messages. Not to mention the effect on his would be victim who if she goes to see a film and see's this guy face on the big screen.

If you really want him to contribute something useful make him stand in the centre of the town he lives in once a week while someone smashes his nuts between two bricks. That would send out a very useful message for society.

Instead of thinking about the effects of this wannabe child molester and how terrible it is for him try thinking well he put himself in this position when he decided he wanted to f**k one of his relatives who at 10 years younger than him was still a minor. Maybe he mistook the name of the film he got a part in and thought it was called 'The Sexual Predator', but I am sure there are plenty of other actors out there who don't have his background and who can just contribute to society in a much better way than this kind of filthy scum.

For some reason you seem to keep sympathising with this guy. I've not once seem you mention his potential victim. What about her or anyone else he managed to get away with abusing? Where is your help for them instead of someone who made a choice to put himself in this position?

Every day someone like this guy spends on the earth should be a punishment, the same as it would be for anyone he was able to victimize and trying to rebuild their lives.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2018, 04:19:20 AM by Dark Alex » Logged

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Chainsawmidget
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2018, 03:38:40 AM »

So basically we're just into torturing and murdering people we don't like now regardless of what the law says and that people should never have a chance to redeem themselves or move on with their lives. 

Frankly, some of the attitudes I've seen in this topic just outright disgust me. 

I think I'm going to have to take a break from this place for a while.  I've just suddenly lost a lot of respect for people here. 

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2018, 04:29:26 AM »

Frankly if you support someone like him, I have no wish to have your respect. The fact that you've went on about his right to move on without once mentioning his victim I find totally disgraceful. Where is her rights, her support, the sympathy for her, but have some guy in a film scene cut out and ooooh how terrible! We must give him every chance to rebuild his life, put other kids at risk so he can prove he has changed.

Not on my watch.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2018, 04:42:25 AM by Dark Alex » Logged

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2018, 05:03:39 PM »

Common sense is if a rabid dog is running loose-you kill it.
Sexual predators are WORSE than most murderers. Most people kill other people because someone is f**king someone's wife, or robbing someone, or they just got p**sed off.
Child molesters and serial killers do it because it turns them on. That don't usually change with these people. It would be like trying to get me to stop liking peanut butter. Child molesters will ALWAYS be turned on by kids. It's in they're DNA. Like Bundy was born to kill.
Some people should die. That's just common knowledge.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2018, 06:44:18 PM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
AoTFan
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2018, 07:09:15 PM »

Keep debating whether or not I should wade into this pit again or not.  Lots of emotions running high, it's worse than a political debate....
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2018, 07:14:58 PM »

Keep debating whether or not I should wade into this pit again or not.  Lots of emotions running high, it's worse than a political debate....
If your talking about Polanski- yeah- I like his old movies.
Should he go to prison if he comes back here?
Yes-he should. f**k him.

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
justme2013
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2018, 02:00:34 PM »

I found this article on Polanski interesting.
https://www.theguardian.com/film/2018/jan/30/hollywood-reverence-child-rapist-roman-polanski-convicted-40-years-on-run

It's enlightening how only one of his defenders has now chosen to speak about defending him and taking back their defence of him. There is a double or even triple standard in Hollywood, I think that there is a movement to do away with it but there is still a long way to go and a lot of that has to do with ego. It takes someone being a prolific abuser for there to be a movement against them and it shouldn't take that much.
Svengoolie 3

« Reply #23 on: September 30, 2018, 04:28:59 AM »

Yeah,  Hollywood will forgive a pedophile.  But if you're fat the hate never stops....

The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.
Svengoolie 3

« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2019, 07:41:16 PM »

So he should come onto the set and say "HI EVERYBODY!  LOOKING FORWARD TO WORKING WITH YOU!  BTW I'M A REGISTERED SEX! OFFENDER! "

Seriously a convicted murderer isn't required to tell people his  past..

I don't know how it is in the US but in the UK you are required to list any what are called unspent convictions to any employer on a job application.

We donct have "un spent convictions" in Americas and what are they?  In america yiu are forever required to tell any employer about any convictions even if yiu served the max sentence.

Archivist

« Reply #25 on: March 04, 2019, 02:54:41 AM »

Am I the only one that find it absurd or at least poorly thought out to tag people with a virtual kiss of death in employment terms that expect them to ever be useful members of society again?  Question

I wouldn't say it's a Catch 22, but perhaps a case of damned if you do, damned if you don't. There are different sides to this. 'Sex offender' is a term which covers a very broad range of crimes, everything from indecent exposure, which could happen if you drunkenly went to the toilet in public or walked naked in your house but on view of the public, to an 18 year old having sex with a 16 year old in some jurisdictions, all the way to child kidnapping and rape. It's very broad and to label every sex offender as evil is an emotional leap which needs to be examined.

"Many others since have tried & failed at making a watchable parasite slug movie" - LilCerberus
Svengoolie 3

« Reply #26 on: March 04, 2019, 09:59:02 AM »

That's a sensible view that takes courage to express.

316zombie
« Reply #27 on: March 06, 2019, 01:27:29 PM »

yes, it is, and i completely agree. Cheers
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  I don't know how to feel about this... « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.