Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 12:45:25 AM
714321 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  (sigh) Have we sunk this damn low? « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: (sigh) Have we sunk this damn low?  (Read 5574 times)
AoTFan
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: September 20, 2018, 06:07:39 PM »

I don't think this even needs me to comment.

ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2018, 06:18:27 PM »

My cousin has been telling me for a while that there are a number of homosexuals today who don't feel the gay community represents them well and its militant nature is something he's cited. He said many openly homosexual people don't like being called gay and disassociate themselves from it. Sometimes I can see why.

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
justme2013
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2018, 06:38:36 PM »

I think that the Sesame Street workshop's statement is pretty clear on this subject

“As we have always said, Bert and Ernie are best friends,” the statement read. “They were created to teach preschoolers that people can be good friends with those who are very different from themselves. Even though they are identified as male characters and possess many human traits and characteristics (as most Sesame Street Muppets do), they remain puppets, and do not have a sexual orientation.”

They are puppets, also the writer who said they are gay is backtracking his statement and saying it was misinterpreted. 

https://nypost.com/2018/09/19/sesame-street-writer-backtracks-on-claim-that-bert-and-ernie-are-gay/
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2018, 10:38:13 PM »

This is one of those things that just makes me want to go back in time to the 80's when the world made so much more sense.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Svengoolie 3

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2018, 11:55:21 PM »

The thing is you have men who are gay like Neil Patrick Harris who lead successful respectable lives that being gay is just a single aspect of,  then you have.... Things that run around in speedos,  painted like a giant rainbow and with big rubber dildos stuck all over their bodies who's life revolves around being gay, throwing it in people's faces as much as possible and b*thing about how persecuted they are.

The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2018, 12:19:26 AM »

This is one of those things that just makes me want to go back in time to the 80's when the world made so much more sense.

The world NEVER made sense to me..
Never f**king ever.
That's a truth I can honestly say.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2018, 12:31:58 AM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Svengoolie 3

« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2018, 01:01:04 AM »

Tbh I think a lot of people are literally insane when it comes to the gay issue.  I honestly believe some people are so utterly consumed by their hatred for gays they have been driven  to a psychosis over it.  The Phelps bunch (VOMIT!), Pat Robertson,  the people who cheered  the Orlando pulse nightclub mass murder,  the people who seem to have orgasms when they  talk about gay people burning in hell forever,  train children to chant hateful anti gay things,  the guy in California who tried to put a law on the ballot allowing the summary execution of gays sans trial, ad nauseum,  ad infinitum.

A state's economy can be collapsing,  people can be dying from unaffordable healthcare,  children not getting enough to eat,   unsafe water,  and an (invariably  white,  usually male,  generally older)  politician gets up in front of a camera and introduces a bill to make life rougher on gay people in order to protect society.

The worst thing is the hordes of morons who march to the booths to vote for them.

Maybe we need to have competency hearings to determine of some political leaders are so consumed by hated for gays to to render them mentally unfit for office.

The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2018, 06:30:08 AM »

I think those people are a tiny minority whose views are more despised by the bulk of the American people than gays ever were.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2018, 06:41:14 AM »

I think those people are a tiny minority whose views are more despised by the bulk of the American people than gays ever were.
I wouldn't be so sure of that.  In rural America, Even admitting your friends with a gay man is a pariah. At least here in Michigan.
Don't underestimate the power of stupidity. Look who we got in office.  Bluesad
NEVER underestimate the power of stupidity.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2018, 11:51:07 AM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2018, 09:29:00 AM »

I'm part of the LGBTI community - the B part - and I find things like the Bert & Ernie thing nuts.

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2018, 10:08:20 AM »

I don't understand why everyone makes such a big deal out of peoples sexuality. As long as its consenting, everyone is of a proper age to make these decisions for themselves and you are not hurting anyone (at least not hurting anyone who doesn't want to be hurt), then go for it, be free.

So many people all saying I don't want to be labeled in this box, I want to be labeled in that box instead. How about just get out your damn box, live your life and be content for others to do the same without repression, judgement and so on. I don't care who is sleeping with whom (subject to the above conditions of course).

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2018, 12:16:43 PM »

So how low have we sank? As low as the Catholic Church? Or any church for that matter. Maybe as low as our political leaders?
Maybe as low as you can afford a f**king McDonald burger?
Before you suck dick for beer money?
I always claimed to be an anarchist. No time in my life have I ever not believed that. f**king people are f**ked.
I really don't give a f**k.  f**k all this. It makes me sick.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2018, 12:36:52 PM by RCMerchant » Logged

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Olivia Bauer

« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2018, 01:06:49 PM »

I don't care for much hoopla either way. I'm not ashamed or proud of myself for being gay.
I wish people just didn't care. That it was just a thing people accept and don't think about.
But no... Some brainlet needs to get up on a podium and bash gay people so he can reassure himself and the world that HE isn't gay.
The kind of people that take up signs declaring homosexuality a sin are the kind of people so far in the closet they're in f**king Narnia.

On the other end, I don't constantly need someone patting me on the shoulder and reminding me that I'm special.
I can't stand the kind of people that get upset on my behalf. When you yell at somebody for a gay joke, who the hell are you protecting?
I don't need a safe space and people putting me in bubble wrap, deciding that my ears are too sensitive to hear something potentially offensive.
Same reason why I don't go to pride parades. What am I celebrating here? The fact that I want to stick my dick in another man's ass?
If it's something you're born with then I feel like there may as well be an O- blood type parade.
Homophobia is the only reason those parades exist. If religion never existed, and there was never a stigma around being gay, would we have these parades? Doubt it.

There are many countries where gay people are tossed off of buildings, get stoned to death, or are hanged. But the REAL problem is Bert and f**king Ernie from Sesame Street.
Yeah, okay.

WingedSerpent

I AM THE BAD PHOTOSHOP EFFECT!

« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2018, 10:12:16 AM »

From the show's cannon  I believe Sesame Street is supposed to be located somewhere in or around NYC.  A rather notorious expensive place to live.  So a lot of people need roommates to cover costs.  And that's how I saw Bert and Ernie.  Two people who needed to share an apartment. 

So no, I don't think their the gay muppet couple.

These two are.

I think it makes a lot more sense.  Why do they keep going to the Muppet show of they seem to hate it so much?  Their on dates.  I always had the feeling that these two properly came from money (not necessarily super rich-but somewhat high society).   They couldn't be out when they were young becuae of the times and station, but then found each other late in life and are now making up for lost time. 

At least, that's what Gary Busey told me...
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2018, 10:33:57 AM »

Plus they're going to the theater. Kinda telling right (swish) there.

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  (sigh) Have we sunk this damn low? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.