Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 06:45:26 AM
713393 Posts in 53059 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Ask A Question « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
Author Topic: Ask A Question  (Read 14269 times)
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #60 on: October 16, 2018, 11:05:42 AM »

Ever had a butterfly land on your nose?

No- and if it did I'd likely swat it and kill it- thinking it's a bee or something.  Bluesad

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #61 on: October 16, 2018, 12:59:18 PM »

If you could save only one (or none) of these victims of 1960s violence, would you rather save Ngo Dinh Diem, Robert Kennedy, or Malcolm X?

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #62 on: October 16, 2018, 10:34:05 PM »

Diem was a brutal tyrant who had outlived his usefulness.
Robert Kennedy had swung so far left I don't know what he might have done to the country.
Malcolm X had just experienced a spiritual renewal that led him to step away from his earlier calls to violence.

Tough call, to be honest, between those last two.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #63 on: October 17, 2018, 02:26:05 AM »

Am I still relevant both here and in this world as it is?

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #64 on: October 17, 2018, 03:08:58 AM »

You are most assuredly relevant here, and while there are people in this world who think of you as ' Uncle Zombie', you are relevant to the world outside of this place too.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #65 on: October 17, 2018, 03:16:18 AM »

You are most assuredly relevant here, and while there are people in this world who think of you as ' Uncle Zombie', you are relevant to the world outside of this place too.

Thanks: the question wasn't self-pity or anything like that: I do question my role in life a lot.  Smile

ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #66 on: October 17, 2018, 08:25:13 AM »

Trevor, in archiving films you preserve a portion of humankind's legacy for the future. You and all historians do noble work. I don't know if any of us can appreciate exactly how we've impacted and changed the world, some people just maybe in ways that would shock them, so considering you've influenced more people for good than bad, I'd say you have relevance in that way too. You're doing fine.

Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #67 on: October 17, 2018, 08:48:17 AM »

Trevor, in archiving films you preserve a portion of humankind's legacy for the future. You and all historians do noble work. I don't know if any of us can appreciate exactly how we've impacted and changed the world, some people just maybe in ways that would shock them, so considering you've influenced more people for good than bad, I'd say you have relevance in that way too. You're doing fine.

Thanks: I've been working here for 28 years (December 1st is the start of the 29th year) and I wonder how long I can still do it and still be useful and relevant.

Two of my former colleagues were forgotten even before they retired - one has since passed on - and I do not want that to happen to me.  Bluesad

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #68 on: October 17, 2018, 08:59:06 AM »

Just relax and feel the love for you here Trevor.

And you could always get a can of spray paint and spray "Trevor was 'ere" somewhere prominent. These things can remain in place for decades before anyone gets round to cleaning them up.

I've always kind of pictured you as the kind of guy who helps out the new arrivals. People like that tend to leave an impression and be remembered a long time after they have left.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2018, 09:01:37 AM by Dark Alex » Logged

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #69 on: October 17, 2018, 09:03:37 AM »

If it's not too personal of a suggestion, Trevor, (and I apologize if it is) have you ever thought of raising a child? There's probably no better way of assuring you'll be remembered or of changing another person's life for the better. I think you're a kind man and I know there are young people out there who are in need of a family, whatever form that family happens to be.

316zombie
« Reply #70 on: October 17, 2018, 05:07:58 PM »

Is anyone here a member of the actual real world mile-high club? (I don't mean the one where you barf on an airplane, that's the Bile-High Club.)

Not me.

Not answering.

ditto
Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #71 on: October 18, 2018, 03:37:26 AM »

Just relax and feel the love for you here Trevor.

Aww... bro hug  Smile

And you could always get a can of spray paint and spray "Trevor was 'ere" somewhere prominent. These things can remain in place for decades before anyone gets round to cleaning them up.

TeddyR

I did something like that in 1984 when I left school: I scrawled the Kilroy Was Here image on a wall with a compass - I think - and when I went back to the school almost 20 years later it was still there.  Smile

I've always kind of pictured you as the kind of guy who helps out the new arrivals. People like that tend to leave an impression and be remembered a long time after they have left.

I try to be a mentor to all if I can.

Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #72 on: October 18, 2018, 03:42:14 AM »

If it's not too personal of a suggestion, Trevor, (and I apologize if it is) have you ever thought of raising a child? There's probably no better way of assuring you'll be remembered or of changing another person's life for the better. I think you're a kind man and I know there are young people out there who are in need of a family, whatever form that family happens to be.

I have considered that but no adoption agency here will permit a single guy to adopt a child: my special Sister (note the capital S) did this but she was already married.

It's always strange to me that most adults who don't know me well find me intense and scary while children - the most perceptive of all human beings - do not. And yes, i do like children.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Ask A Question « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.