Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:10:00 AM
713324 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Shriek Show DVDs « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Shriek Show DVDs  (Read 2103 times)
dcj2112
Bad Movie Lover

« on: October 04, 2018, 11:31:12 AM »

Anyone have some of these? I heard Media Blasters, the parent company is still technically around, but that the Shriek Show label stopped producing new stuff in 2014 or so. Since than prices have skyrocketed for some of their releases.

I was fortunate enough to get a Shriek Show 3 pack DVD a while ago. Since I picked up a bunch of extra shifts at work I didn’t feel too guilty about splurging today on 6 more of their 3 packs. I only got the ones that were fairly reasonably priced. The Eurotrash 3 Pack looks awesome, but I’m not dropping $150 or so on that. I draw the line at $40 and even that feels really high.
Ticonderoga 64
Disillusionist
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2018, 05:23:25 PM »

I have several of their releases: FRANKENSTEIN'S BLOODY TERROR, DRACULA VS FRANKENSTEIN, BLOOD OF THE ZOMBIE, EVILS OF THE NIGHT, FLESH FOR THE BEAST and SMASH CUT to name a few..

Some are out of print, others are still circulating around in areas.
dcj2112
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2018, 08:37:24 PM »

I have several of their releases: FRANKENSTEIN'S BLOODY TERROR, DRACULA VS FRANKENSTEIN, BLOOD OF THE ZOMBIE, EVILS OF THE NIGHT, FLESH FOR THE BEAST and SMASH CUT to name a few..

Some are out of print, others are still circulating around in areas.

Frankenstein’s Blood Terror is actually going for $450+ on Amazon! Although I checked eBay and it looks like you can get it there for about $50.

I always wonder when I see obscenely priced things like that who actually buys it if any do. You’d think you’d have to be crazy, but I sold an old Troma DVD through Amazon once that I thought was overpriced. The other one on sale was $50+ so I priced mine accordingly and it sold even though I got the original for like $5. I guess some rich people maybe even celebs just browse there sometimes and money is no issue.

The most ridiculously priced DVD I’ve seen so far is The Best of Sex and Violence. It’s not even a proper film. It’s bits and pieces of B movies from the 1970s hosted by John Carradine. It was going for $700+.
dcj2112
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2018, 12:46:32 PM »

I actually managed to find that Euro Trash collection for a hair over $20 yesterday. Hopefully it shows up as advertised, but if not at least I won’t eat too big of a loss.

Anyone know how many quadruple/triple packs Shriek Show put out?

I found a list of Shriek Show releases, but it looks incomplete and just lists individual movies rather than telling you what got released in packs. One my recent orders get here I’ll have 14 in total. I know there’s at least 5 or so I don’t have, possibly more.
Ticonderoga 64
Disillusionist
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2018, 02:22:38 PM »

Some are worth seeking out on Ebay, especially if you can get a deal on any of them, but the ones going for the ridiculously high prices certainly are not worth it. Good hunting to you!  Smile
dcj2112
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2018, 05:22:23 PM »

Some are worth seeking out on Ebay, especially if you can get a deal on any of them, but the ones going for the ridiculously high prices certainly are not worth it. Good hunting to you!  Smile

Yes, eBay has been a blessing for getting these. Like with the Euro Trash collection alone I got it for over a hundred dollars less than the ridiculous price it was going for on Amazon. I’m still waiting for that one in the mail, but I only buy from sellers who have a ton of positive feedback and very little if any negative feedback. I guess I won’t be safe for sure though until I have it in my grubby little hands Smile
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Shriek Show DVDs « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.