Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 09:56:54 AM
713409 Posts in 53060 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Zombi 3, Zombi 4, and Zombi 5 (1987-1988 Films) « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Zombi 3, Zombi 4, and Zombi 5 (1987-1988 Films)  (Read 2475 times)
dcj2112
Bad Movie Lover

« on: October 14, 2018, 10:15:09 AM »

Has anyone else here watched these ones?

Shriek Show put out a triple feature DVD years ago loaded with bonus features. Like all Shriek Show DVDs it is technically out of print though with this one you can still find copies at a fairly reasonable price. More reasonable than some other triple features of their’s anyway which are going for $150+ on some places.

I watched Zombi 3 last night and it may be my favorite 1980’s zombie movie that never manages to be objectively good. It was made as an Italian sequel to the genre classic Dawn of the Dead and it’s Italin sequel Zombi/Zombi 2 (same filmed called different things in different countries. Dawn of the Dead is regarded as one of, if not the best zombie movies ever. Zombi/Zombi 2 was made by Italian auteur Lucio Fulci. While an obvious cash grab as it is an in name only sequel to Dawn of the Dead, Zombi/Zombi 2 still is a really well made film.

But Zombi 3? It’s a mess! However, a wonderful mess. Fulci actually came back to direct this sequel, but had some health issues. He delivered a 70 minute film which producers didn’t like so they had another dude trim about 20 minutes then shoot 40 more minutes of footage. One problem with this among others is that most of the main actors weren’t available for this new footage. So you have a bunch of disjointed scenes and all together there are ton of plot holes/things that just don’t make sense.

Still, some of this dialogue/delivery!

Soldier 1: This is some good music
Soldier 2: Yeah, it’s making me really horny.
-
Head Miltary Guy to Scientist: THAT’S SCIENCE FICTION!!!
-
Soldier: We have to run, we’re all out of ammo! *keeps firing*
-
Soldier being killed by zombies in a nonchalant tone: Looks like I’ve had it.
-
Soldier: We’re going back to fight...and this time we’re going to win! *freeze frame*
zombie no.one
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Oookaay...

« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2018, 08:04:15 PM »

I get confused with all of the titles/sequel numbers. not sure I've actually seen ZOMBI 3.

ZOMBI 4 seems to be another name for AFTER DEATH (1989), although HELL OF THE LIVING DEAD (1980) also seems to go by ZOMBI 4

ZOMBI 5: KILLING BIRDS is good for the first half hour just because it's so cheesy, but the rest really drags.

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
dcj2112
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2018, 09:39:03 PM »

I get confused with all of the titles/sequel numbers. not sure I've actually seen ZOMBI 3.

ZOMBI 4 seems to be another name for AFTER DEATH (1989), although HELL OF THE LIVING DEAD (1980) also seems to go by ZOMBI 4

ZOMBI 5: KILLING BIRDS is good for the first half hour just because it's so cheesy, but the rest really drags.

Yeah, it can be super confusing. Wikipedia has a pretty good breakdown of the series by region that makes things a little easier to follow: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zombi_(film_series)

My set uses the US definitions so Zombi 4 is After Death in that one. You should definitely check out Zombi 3, if you like 1980’s zombie films. Just don’t expect it to be well made of crafted like Dawn of the Dead or even Lucio Fulci’s Zombi/Zombi 2.
zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2018, 02:56:47 AM »

ok just looking on imdb, and apparently ZOMBI 3 = ZOMBIE FLESH EATERS 2 ?

if it's the one with that radio dj guy, and the girls getting attacked by birds on the bus then I've got it... I like that one! haven't seen it in a while though

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2018, 03:07:02 AM »

Only seen the first one of these. One day I need to track the others down, especially if it has the sequel to Zombie Flesh Eaters.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
dcj2112
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2018, 07:36:35 AM »

ok just looking on imdb, and apparently ZOMBI 3 = ZOMBIE FLESH EATERS 2 ?

if it's the one with that radio dj guy, and the girls getting attacked by birds on the bus then I've got it... I like that one! haven't seen it in a while though

That’s exactly it! Zombie Flesh Eaters is the UK name for the series. Only it doesn’t count Dawn of the Dead as the first installment and instead counts Zombi/Zombi 2 as the original Zombie Flesh Eaters. Then counts Zombi 3 as Zombie Flesh Eaters 2,  Zombi 4: After Death as Zombie Flesh Eaters 3, and in Thailand Zombi 5: Killing Birds as Zombie Flesh Eaters 4 (though I don’t think it goes by that name in the UK.

Yeah, following this series which is pretty much a series in name only can be confusing. However, the films are so much fun!
zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2018, 01:13:37 PM »

haha, check this out from imdb's trivia page on TWINS (the Arnie comedy)

In the central Asian nation Azerbaijan, this was released in a dubbed version titled, Zombi 42: Two Times the Death.

does that mean there's at least 42 unofficial Zombi sequels?  TeddyR

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Zombi 3, Zombi 4, and Zombi 5 (1987-1988 Films) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.