Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 09:22:56 PM
714251 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Wizard of Oz-HK style « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Wizard of Oz-HK style  (Read 2582 times)
D
« on: May 29, 2002, 12:40:12 AM »

You know, I've had this idea for a while, what do you you guys and gals think?
Wizard of oz, as a Kung Fu movie
Jackie Chan as the Scarecrow
Yuien Beiu as the Tin Woodsman
Sammo Huang as the Lion
We open as Dorothy talks with her Aunt and Uncle. it seems that she wants to learn their powerful Kung-Fu moves, but they won't teach her. She bugs them until they brake down and revel the truth to her: They don't know jack about martial arts. They just dress and act like fighters so they don't have to pay for anything. this angers Dorothy, and a huge brawl breaks out near the family shrine. With much screaming of "you Bastard!" Dorothy breaks the Buddha shrine over her uncle's head. This angers the mighty Buddha (hey, he may teach peace, but you don't want to mess with the guy) and it his rightous anger, smacks the house with his Tornado punch.
When Dorothy comes to, she's surrounded by little people
What do you think?
D
J.R.
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2002, 01:36:39 AM »

Actually, a friend of mine has a video of an anime version of Oz. It's pretty weird.

Your idea is interesting. How about some more casting-
Zhang Ziyi as Dorothy
Michelle Yeoh as THe Wicked Witch
You know that guy who's in every Jackie Chan movie, playing a police chief or head of a spy agency? He should be the Wizard.
D
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2002, 01:49:34 PM »

Good casting on Dorothy. I think the guys name is Bill Tung, but I could be wrong.
Vermin Boy
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2002, 03:51:24 PM »

I think Yuen Woo-Ping, doing his Ratface shtick from Drunken Wu-Tang, would be good as the gatekeeper.
Flangepart
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2002, 05:52:44 PM »

I like it! But, please, don't let the musical numbers be written by Bollywood.
D
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2002, 12:16:41 AM »

No problem. How about Gutiar Wolf doing the music?
Dorothy then meets the Evil Witch of the East, who has enslaved all the Munchkins for her own perveted needs. Being a true Martial Artist, Dorothy fights the witch in teh only way she knows how: Drunken Dancing! (like Drunken Boxing, only there's more booze) Unfortunely, the 2 get so smashed, that the Witch passes out in a puddle of water before the fight and melts into a gory corspe that curses Dorothy. In order to remove the curse, Dorothy must travel to the Wizard's home to get the curse removed
More later
Lee
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2002, 12:25:48 AM »

Sounds pretty KICKASS to me!!! Hell, I'll help fund it if neccessary!!!
D
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2002, 01:13:41 PM »

Lee
That'd be cool, but I don't Jackie Chan or Sammo would be interested. Actually, I could see doing all the Oz novels in action movies. The rest of th film would go along like the book, only more fights. And of course, a knock down brawl between the Witch of the west, Dorothy, Scarecrow, Tim man, and Mr. Potbelly (the lion)
D
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Wizard of Oz-HK style « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.