Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 10:35:09 AM
714234 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Games Workshop facing some unannounced problem? « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Games Workshop facing some unannounced problem?  (Read 2596 times)
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« on: October 19, 2018, 08:06:13 AM »

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/markets/article-6289819/Games-Workshop-raises-alarm-bells-blue-warning-trading-uncertainties.html?fbclid=IwAR1lsF6yi_xJuwzg1f2nKs4PSA32Ot9WJEFsyU4DQlppC_xY0IVPtkEGogY

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Svengoolie 3
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2018, 03:59:47 PM »

God I hope so. I think it might be great for GW to tank and the 40k line taken over by people who want to make good games, not just infinite money sinks. I swear if they'd lower their prices people wold buy more.

The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2018, 05:42:27 PM »

That is why I quit playing their games (well along with I prefer a slightly more complicated rule set and felt theirs has been dummed down a lot). I could afford their minatures, I just decided I didn't want to pay what they wanted for them when other people were making figures (which imo were better designs too, but that is a personal thing) that did the same job for less money.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Svengoolie 3

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2018, 07:16:18 PM »

If you don't mind my asking what game did you sw itch to?

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2018, 02:04:34 AM »

Mostly I moved back t roleplaying, although I still did some wargaming with systems like Kyromek, Void, Warmachine and more recently Bolt Action, Flames of War and Kings of War.

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2018, 07:58:21 AM »

Oh, don't know if I have mentioned this before (and it isn't one I have played myself), but the guy who created Warhammer 40,000, Rick "I was going to conquer the world but I stopped at the pub on the way) Priestly has brought out a new sci fi wargame called The Gates of Anteries. A lot of ex GW employees set up a company called Warlord Games. Might be worth checking out for you.

Svengoolie 3

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2018, 07:56:22 PM »

Have to check that out, thanks.

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2018, 02:47:26 AM »

This is their website

http://www.warlordgames.com/

They've got various historical games, plus a few fantasy and sci fi ones including ones based on Terminator, Dr Who, Judge Dredd, Strontium Dog and so on. I can't say I've played most of them, but their figures look decent enough.

Svengoolie 3

« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2018, 04:11:37 AM »

I looked at them.  Not bad but are the prices better than gw?

BTW is void 1.1 still going?

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2018, 06:49:40 AM »

If it is I'd be surprised. A friend of mine picked up all the rulebooks, then gave them to me when he quit gaming. Since we had a lot of figures that worked with the background a few of us continued to played it. For some reason I've ended up with a lot of games one their owners no longer wanted them and couldn't be bothered selling them. Although never one of the games I really wanted. Oh well.

Price wise to be honest I haven't looked at the price of GW stuff since I was a single resin figure of Legolas on foot going for over £20. I think buildng up an army that is battle ready is however cheaper (the army lists tend to limit you to one armoured vehicle (tank, tank destroyer etc). When they updated the rules to version 2, the army books were still current so you didn't have to rebuy everything that way, so it is certainly cheaper from that point of view. Since it is all historically based you also don't have to worry about figures no longer being allowed in different versions. Finally there are loads of companies out there that do 25-28mm figures so you aren't stuck with buying things from Warlord. Some people do play Bolt Action using 15mm figures instead of 25mm. There are plenty of other period rule sets though, Flame of War, Chain of Command and so on. Bolt Action is a pretty simplified ruleset which is my main issue against it. Every infantryman with a rifle shots 24" for example, but it is fun enough to keep us playing.

The rules do have some similarities to WH40K, but not hugely so. There are enough differences that it isn't just a copy.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2018, 07:13:35 AM by Dark Alex » Logged

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Games Workshop facing some unannounced problem? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.