Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:27:25 PM
713372 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Celebrity sightings. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Celebrity sightings.  (Read 4996 times)
Svengoolie 3
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: October 21, 2018, 05:22:47 PM »

Seen a celebrity? Tell us about it!

I swear I just saw Wilfred Brimley at Walmart. The sad thing is he was working a checkout lane.  Bluesad

The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2018, 05:39:57 PM »

I once saw our esteemed POTUS Mr. Trump in NYC many years ago. I was doing my college internship at the time, in a building a block away from Trump Tower. I was on my lunch break getting a hot dog at a street vendor when I saw The Donald get out of a limo and head inside his building while a bunch of photographers snapped pix.

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2018, 05:59:38 PM »

Billy Idol bought the bar a drink I was at in Long Island. He was smashed. I didn't talk to him.
I was in rehab with Verne Troyer. I talked to him a lot. A very nice man.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2018, 06:40:20 PM »

Probably the 'biggest known' celebrity I've met was Weird Al Yankovic and members of his band at a gig in Philly.  We found the buses and they were hanging out after a show and we got some pictures, autographs and had a decent conversation.

Cheri Oteri:  known from SNL in the late 90s and early 00s.  Did some movies around that time.  She is cousin's with my mom's brother in law and he had a Christmas party here in Philly and she drove down.  As a kid who loved Will Ferrell and SNL at the time, to see her there I flipped.  We had a decent conversation all night and I got her autograph. 

Kane--WWF World Champion, current mayor in like Knoxville Tennessee.  He did an autograph session at my local mall so I went down and met him.

Bobby Rydell--50s singer and actor.  Met him after a concert here.

Gilbert Gottfried and Rob Schneider--both did comedy club gigs in Philly and I got to talk to both.

There's others but they're probably the 'biggest' name ones.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
Svengoolie 3

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2018, 06:44:12 PM »

In all seriousness I met George takei at an Archon.

The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2018, 06:59:12 PM »

I got to attend a Q&A with Leonard Nimoy one time, back in 1983.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2018, 07:20:27 PM »

Got a selfie with Tommy Wiseau

Note that this was right before I started college.

yeah no.
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2018, 03:54:12 AM »

Used to go to gigs early in the hope of meeting the bands, so most of mine are musically related Met Lemmy from Motorhead a few times, refused to let Ozzy Osborne have a slice of my pizza (man, that was good pizza), although I did get Randy Castillio's and Zakk Wylde's autographs.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2018, 06:55:46 AM »

I ran into this lady at a Johannesburg airport a few years ago: minus the Heckler and Koch she's holding.  Smile

I also met Alfre Woodard and Carlos Santana on a flight.

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2018, 10:21:58 AM »

I once held a door for Nancy Sinatra.  

This would've been sometime around 1994, Nancy was having a bit of a career resurgence at the time cuz she'd just done a photo spread for Playboy, which got a lot of attention cuz if memory serves she was the oldest woman ever to pose for the mag at that point (she was in her early fifties at the time). Legend has it that Papa Frank was not thrilled with her for doing it, either!

Anyway, Nancy was coming in for an interview with the entertainment reporter at the newspaper I worked at, to promote some kind of one-woman cabaret gig she had in the area. I was coming out of the building as she was coming in, so like the young gentleman I was (I was in my early 20s at the time), I held the door open for her. I recognized her cuz I'd seen her on TV.  I gotta say she was lookin' quite MILF-y on this particular day, haha. She smiled at me and said -- and I quote -- "Thanks, hon."

I just smiled and nodded, but to this day I kinda wish I'd told her that the James Bond theme she'd sung ("You Only Live Twice") was one of my favorites.

When I went home that evening and told my Dad that I'd "sort of met Nancy Sinatra" he was all jealous, cuz apparently he'd had a crush on her since the '60s, haha.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2018, 10:27:23 AM by FatFreddysCat » Logged

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2018, 06:07:30 PM »

I met Penthouse model Corinne Alphen at a local shopping mall when I was a teenager. It was before she married Ken Wahl. She was doing a photo and autograph session at a book store. There weren't many people paying attention to her, so she chatted with me and my friends. She was really friendly. She even signed my 9th grade yearbook (but I think I was in 10th or 11th grade at the time).

A few years later, I met Busty Hart and Chesty Morgan (on separate occasions) at a gentleman's club. I had my picture taken with Busty, but not Chesty (I think she wanted $25 for a picture, which was a lot of money in the 1980s when I was working for about $5.00/hour).

My wife and I met Don Ho at one of his shows in Hawaii a few years before he died. We had our picture taken with him before the show. He acted like he was doing everyone a favor.

I sold a pair of sunglasses to baseball pitcher Dennis Eckersley when I worked at Sunglass Hut (probably somewhere around 1988 - 1990). He was really nice and so was his wife. He was playing for Oakland at the time, but he graciously autographed a Red Sox calendar for me.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2018, 04:37:30 PM »

No, but my sister, when she was attending college, she lived in Malibu (California) and the celebrities she saw, while she lived there.

Julie Andrews and her late husband Blake Edwards
eating ice cream in the ice cream parlor in a strip mall there.

Burgess Meredith
Christmas caroled him with some of the students from the college. And she said she was amazed how small he was, even smaller than her, and she was not a large gal.

Vivian Vance
Ran into coming out of the grocery store in the same strip mall.

Debby Boone
Ran into while on campus, as they both attended the same university, at the same time. Though, she was better friends with Debby's husband Gabriel Ferrer. Hard to believe, but Debby and her husband have been married for 39 years and have had 4 children during that time.

Mariette Hartley
Hollywood did a lot of filming on campus, when she was there, and one of the stars she met, while the actress was on campus filming a movie for TV was actress Mariette Hartley.

And that is all I can remember her talking about, but, there must have been others, as that area was full of Hollywood personalities, who lived and/or worked there.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2018, 05:00:42 PM »

I saw Ali at Packer's Pie plant when I worked there in 1985! He had bought stock in it, and the owner gave him a walking tour. It was a small plant. I was working dumping cherries into a vat, so I didn't talk to him, of course. I wouldn't know what to say anyway! I was in awe.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2018, 07:14:23 PM »

Also, "Iron Mike" Ditka. He was at his restaurant when I was on a business trip in Chicago. I was standing beside him at the bar and his clothes and watch looked really expensive. He was wearing slacks and a sweater and you could see that they were top-quality.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2018, 07:26:21 PM »

I saw Bo Bo Brazil, the wrestler, at the E&H Market in Paw Paw in 1972. He lived around here!
« Last Edit: October 24, 2018, 07:28:34 PM by RCMerchant » Logged

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Celebrity sightings. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.