Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 11:48:53 AM
714213 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7734 Members
Latest Member: BlackVuemmo
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  SLENDERMAN (2018) « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: SLENDERMAN (2018)  (Read 1294 times)
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« on: October 31, 2018, 11:12:38 PM »

I first heard of Slendy on this forum, probably 10 years ago or close to it.  The post directed me to the Marble Hornets video series, one of the early entries in the Slenderman mythos.  From the start the character hooked me in - the creepy photoshopped images on the net, the hokey found-footage YouTube series (which I never did finish, I gave up after Episode 60 or so).  Then a couple of years ago someone made ALWAYS WATCHING - A MARBLE HORNETS STORY, which was a better done movie but still not a high grade production.  But Slenderman himself captured my imagination - the tall, spare frame, the extra limbs, the blank void where a face should be.

So this movie came out last spring, during my busiest time of year.  Of course my daughters went to see it and I didn't, and Rachel got called in to work early and they missed the last 30 minutes.  Both of them roundly complained about how bad the movie was, and I found myself glad I didn't watch it.  But tonight I thought, OK, Halloween, it's an obligatory horror film night.  And what should pop up in the Redbox but SLENDERMAN?  I rented it, and I am glad I did.  My girls had lowered my expectations enough that I was pleasantly surprised to find it well done, solidly acted, and downright creepy.  You see just enough Slendy to be frightened but not enough to become jaded.  The film has elements of THE RING, JEEPERS CREEPERS, and even BLAIR WITCH PROJECT woven into it; enough to be homages but not ripoffs.  Overall, I enjoyed this one on multiple levels and highly recommend it.

4/5

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  SLENDERMAN (2018) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.