Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:54:56 PM
713372 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  The All-Purpose Political Thread « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 39
Author Topic: The All-Purpose Political Thread  (Read 116340 times)
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #285 on: March 19, 2019, 03:19:14 PM »

What I think is funny is that folks think the 'cult of personality' involved in politics is a new thing.
Its been around forever.
As far as propaganda and 'fake news' talk- that's been around a long time too.
You have to use your BRAIN.
But if folks did that-the world would be perfect! In the long run-people are f**king stupid.
I'm as dumb as dirt. I have NO answers.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2019, 03:26:57 PM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #286 on: March 20, 2019, 07:08:25 PM »

Trump visits tank factory and renews attack on war hero McCain

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-attacks-on-mc-cain-bomb-at-tank-factory-203505733.html 

Thumbdown Lookingup

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Svengoolie 3
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #287 on: March 20, 2019, 08:17:44 PM »

Trump visits tank factory and renews attack on war hero McCain

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-attacks-on-mc-cain-bomb-at-tank-factory-203505733.html 

Thumbdown Lookingup

Donald trump is morally, ethically, intellectually and developmentally sub human... Bluesad Hatred

The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #288 on: March 20, 2019, 08:32:45 PM »

Just ugh.  I truly wish the man would just SHUT UP sometimes.  For his own good, and for ours.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #289 on: March 20, 2019, 08:53:42 PM »

Regan hated McCain. he came back from vietnam and promptly dumped his wife after she got in a car accident. She had waited for him all during the POW years. if you've ever seen the clip of Nancy Reagan struggling to support him in 08 thats the backstory. fun fact: her (the former Mrs McCain) hospital expenses were paid for by H ross Perot
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #290 on: March 21, 2019, 02:07:47 PM »

Regan hated McCain. he came back from vietnam and promptly dumped his wife after she got in a car accident. She had waited for him all during the POW years. if you've ever seen the clip of Nancy Reagan struggling to support him in 08 thats the backstory. fun fact: her (the former Mrs McCain) hospital expenses were paid for by H ross Perot
Now that is cool.  I always liked PEROT.  
As far as JOHN McCAIN, I liked him as a politician (myself being an uninterested outsider) and admired his experiences and public persona (a world away from where we are now).  What any of us who are inclined to look closer might see is that it doesn't look good if scrutinized.  

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Svengoolie 3

« Reply #291 on: March 21, 2019, 02:53:23 PM »

I have mixed feelings on McCain.

on one hand there is the disaster on the USS forrestal that he may have caused with a "wet start" just to show off, and there is evidence his father and grandfather, both admirals, mkay have covered it up. I know that had McCain been a democrat the right wind media would have rad 24 hour a day "investigations" into the forrestal disaster he was supposedly part of.

I know he could have agreed to early release as a POW due to his family connections and told the VC what to do with their plan to divide american troops by showing him preferential treatment.

I know that when he ran for president against Barack Obama a supporter of his said that "obama's not one of us" and Mccain, in a display of courage and decency, shut her down and said that Barack Obama was indeed a real american and a god man. Was that one of the last gasps of decency in the republican party? Maybe so. I respected Mccain for that show of decency.

http://time.com/4866404/john-mccain-barack-obama-arab-cancer/

I think Mccain was a little to eager to go to war with some countries.

Mccain did in one of his last acts stop the republiscum effort to take what little healthcare coverage millions of americans had away from them.

He was the target of abuse from that walking colostomy bag in the white house.

After her died he was the target of some hateful cartoons implying he was in hell for opposing the thing in the white house. One cartoon implied his death was like removing a tomor from uncle sm's brain.

He was neither saint nor demon, he was a man and all in all if there is a good after life I hope he squeaked into it. Ater all, if you judge a man by the quality of those who hate him, he passes the test.

Svengoolie 3

« Reply #292 on: March 21, 2019, 03:33:06 PM »

One thing about american politics I'll never understand is why the military supports gop politicians so much.

Reagan (SPIT!) sent the marines into beirut with orders to keep their weapons unloaded as a political gesture. a lone suicide bomber drove a truckbomb into the marine barracks and killed 241 marines, wounding, maiming and crippling i don't know how may more. Reagan was like ""Uh, well, heh heh, i guess i pulled a major boner there."

Bush sent the US into iraq to free what was essentially a family owned oil corporation with a flag, causing hundreds of americans to die and be injured to save a private oil company named kuwait.

Later his son the shrub launched a full scale invasion and conquest of iraq to secure the country's oil supply for american oil corporations. Thousands and thousands of americans were killed and many more maimed and crippled. Bush's administration did not expand the VA or benefits to cover these wounded soldiers and if anything cut VA funding.

The GOP is always to quick to send in the troops and get them killed and maimed, yet never wants to provide treatment for them after the war is over, if it ever is. I honestly can't comprehend why the military loves the GOP so much.

indianasmith
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #293 on: March 21, 2019, 07:04:19 PM »

Kuwait was a sovereign country, a member of the UN, and an ally of the USA.
I guess we leave our Allies to get invaded and brutalized if they don't pass your seal of approval?

Saddam Hussein signed 11 UN Resolutions when he pulled out of Kuwait at the end of the war, promising to abide by all of them.  According to the armistice that ended the conflict, his failure to do so would result in sanctions at best and resumption of hostilities at worst.  He proceeded to violate every one of those resolutions over the next 12 years, flagrantly and repeatedly, and also sent assassins to kill former Pres. Bush during a visit to Kuwait after Bush left the Presidency.  He was given multiple opportunities to avoid being invaded, and refused to take them.  In the end, his fate was due to his own corruption and evil, no one else's.

Few wars in American history were more justified than taking that douchebag down!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Bushma

« Reply #294 on: March 21, 2019, 07:22:57 PM »

Missouri Senate Bans All Federal Gun Control Laws in Proposed Bill

“All federal acts, laws, executive orders, administrative orders, court orders, rules, and regulations, whether past, present, or future, which infringe on the people’s right to keep and bear arms as guaranteed by the Second Amendment to the United States I and Section 23 of the Missouri Constitution shall be invalid in this state, shall not be recognized by this state, shall be specifically rejected by this state, and shall be considered null and void and of no effect in this state.”

http://thesentinel.net/politics/missouri-bans-all-federal-gun-control-laws-in-23-10-vote/

I find this really interesting.  It's not often you have states basically flipping off the federal government.  I can't wait to see where this goes.

This is my awesome signature.  Jealous?
indianasmith
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #295 on: March 21, 2019, 07:38:46 PM »

Missouri Senate Bans All Federal Gun Control Laws in Proposed Bill

“All federal acts, laws, executive orders, administrative orders, court orders, rules, and regulations, whether past, present, or future, which infringe on the people’s right to keep and bear arms as guaranteed by the Second Amendment to the United States I and Section 23 of the Missouri Constitution shall be invalid in this state, shall not be recognized by this state, shall be specifically rejected by this state, and shall be considered null and void and of no effect in this state.”

http://thesentinel.net/politics/missouri-bans-all-federal-gun-control-laws-in-23-10-vote/

I find this really interesting.  It's not often you have states basically flipping off the federal government.  I can't wait to see where this goes.

States can't nullify Federal law; that was settled in 1865.  They can file suit if they think a law violates the Constitution, but if the Supreme Court goes against them, then it's pretty much settled, unless they can get 3/4 of the states to go along and amend the Constitution.  Petty grandstanding is all this is.

lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #296 on: March 21, 2019, 07:56:11 PM »

Few wars in American history were more justified than taking that douchebag down!

??? thousands of Americans died to "take down" a guy who was no threat to us. Since when do Americans care about Un resolutions? everything Iraq had (under IAEA seal) was looted mere days after the invasion began anyway

d also sent assassins to kill former Pres. Bush during a visit to Kuwait after Bush left the Presidency.

deranged conspiracy theory. Why would a guy who didn't WANT war with the US try to kill one its presidents?, knowing what that would entail

am continually amazed at your gullibility on this issue. in the stock market you are what we call a bagholder.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2019, 08:12:33 PM by lester1/2jr » Logged
indianasmith
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #297 on: March 21, 2019, 08:38:02 PM »

??? thousands of Americans died to "take down" a guy who was no threat to us. Since when do Americans care about Un resolutions? everything Iraq had (under IAEA seal) was looted mere days after the invasion began anyway

d also sent assassins to kill former Pres. Bush during a visit to Kuwait after Bush left the Presidency.

deranged conspiracy theory. Why would a guy who didn't WANT war with the US try to kill one its presidents?, knowing what that would entail

am continually amazed at your gullibility on this issue. in the stock market you are what we call a bagholder.

It's not conspiracy theory; it's a matter of record. The Kuwaitis caught, tried, and executed the paid assassins.  As far as why?  Pride.  Bush humiliated him; in Arab culture that demanded payback.

lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #298 on: March 21, 2019, 08:55:30 PM »

theres nothing in arab culture that says if someone humiliates you you have to kill them. the Duelfer report stated Saddam was convinced the CIA had utterly penetrated his regime. the idea that he would have sent assassins to a foreign country is asburd. He wanted sanctions on his country lifted and to get out of the hotseat

more to the point, none of this was the reason we were told it was neccesary for us to attack Iraq after 9/11. a war that left thousands dead, divided the country and led to inumerable permanant injuries and suicides among veterans. all of which could have been avoided and should have been
indianasmith
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #299 on: March 21, 2019, 09:29:34 PM »

The fear was that Saddam would turn biological agents over to terror cells to use against us.
The real spur for the invasion was not the events of 9/11 but the still unsolved string of anthrax attacks that happened a month later.
The war could have been better fought, but I am still convinced it was fully justified.

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 39
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  The All-Purpose Political Thread « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.