Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 05:36:49 PM
714221 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7734 Members
Latest Member: BlackVuemmo
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  The All-Purpose Political Thread « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 39
Author Topic: The All-Purpose Political Thread  (Read 118444 times)
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #300 on: March 22, 2019, 09:56:03 AM »

the guy most people think did the anthrax attack killed himself https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bruce_Edwards_Ivins

your implication that its "still unsolved" implies it could have been saddam hussein which no one maintains.

Taylor stated that Ivins had submitted false anthrax evidence to throw investigators off of his trail, was unable to adequately explain his late laboratory working hours around the time of the attacks, tried to frame his co-workers, had immunized himself against anthrax in early September 2001, was one of more than 100 people with access to the same strain of anthrax used in the killings, and had used similar language in an email to that in one of the anthrax mailings.[52] Ivins was also reportedly upset that the anthrax vaccine that he had spent years helping develop was being pulled from the market.[53]

fully justified.

I guess it depends on how you are using the word justified. you seem to use it as we had an argument at the time, much of it later debunked, therefore it was okay. I don't think thats what justified means there. did we NEED to sacrifice young men and women to prevent the highly unlikely possiblity that saddam, himself a target of stateless islamic, terrorists from somehow working in cahoots with them? relative to other far more overt concerns: afghanistan,  saudi arabia whose mosques pump out this stuff.

Saddam was the OLD enemy, Al Qaeda was the new one. They used anger toward the new one to fight the old one. They "pinned the intelligence around the policy" as the UK accurately described it. they deceived then failed us

« Last Edit: March 22, 2019, 10:48:22 AM by lester1/2jr » Logged
316zombie
« Reply #301 on: March 23, 2019, 01:54:57 AM »

I haven't had an in depth look at the US constitution, only a cursory read and I know the supreme court has interpreted it differently, but I feel they need to go back and look at the bit that talks about being part of a militia. But hey, that is just my view. I am not against gun ownership, I do feel you need to look at who you are giving guns to though, what guns people can have and what they want them for.

Where I live is filled with shotguns and it isn't unusual to hear them popping off some rounds out in the shooting areas, or under bird control. Combined with the daily firings on the shooting range, the occasional practise firing for military funeral drills, it is a rare day when we don't have guns going off nearby. I've been unable to find the last time someone was shot in Morayshire though.

it isn't just your view, my dear, it's also the view of millions of americans who did their homework and know what a militia is. i am fine with guns to hunt for food or take care of varmints who mess with your livestock. i am also fine with ONE gun for home protection. i am NOT fine with anyone thinking they have a right to enter my home or my place of employment with a gun. EVER.
Svengoolie 3
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #302 on: March 23, 2019, 02:42:48 AM »

Well, the evidence is that the l'il shrub was going to find an excuse to invade iraq and depose hussein from day one. 911 was just the pretense he used. There have been numerous documents turn up that showed he was directing his minions to work on any pretense for an invasion of iraq as soon as he entered the oval office.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/bush-sought-way-to-invade-iraq/

Sure hussein was a scumbag, he was a murderer, he was a tyrant. So are a lot of government leaders, I don't see us invading china or singapore to effect regime change. Hussein flipped off bush's dad, that was enough for the shrub to go into action. All in all nearly a million iraquis have died and over 5,000 US soldiers did to, along with countless maimed and crippled.

If there is a hell, I'm sure the shrub and his acolytes like condoriza lice have seats reserved for them right by the fire.

The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #303 on: March 23, 2019, 10:07:10 AM »

Saddam was such an imminent threat the no one on september 10 was saying we should invade Iraq.
316zombie
« Reply #304 on: March 23, 2019, 11:59:28 PM »

there are days like this when i really wish we had no political threads here. or that we had an ignore feature. or that we all lived in a better world. Bluesad
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #305 on: March 24, 2019, 08:36:25 PM »

I never understood the Trump russia thing and am super glad it's over
Svengoolie 3

« Reply #306 on: March 24, 2019, 10:43:25 PM »

316zombie
« Reply #307 on: March 25, 2019, 12:46:29 AM »

your silly meme is rather outdated sven. do  your research, google is your friend. i'm REALLY tired of people not paying attention to NOW, and REALITY NOW, and posting the past AS the present. i expect better from you. Thumbdown
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #308 on: March 25, 2019, 10:11:07 AM »

before 1912 the income tax rate was 0%
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #309 on: March 25, 2019, 02:56:00 PM »

I never understood the Trump russia thing and am super glad it's over

BounceGiggle
Bless yer heart!
It has only just begun!  BounceGiggle

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Svengoolie 3

« Reply #310 on: March 25, 2019, 04:46:50 PM »

before 1912 the income tax rate was 0%

Before 1912 we didnl;t have much of a national army, didn;t have much of a national road system, didn;t have a lot of things we have today. People got sick, they died, people went broke, they starved. We didn;t have inoculations against diseases. Yeah, no thanks.

lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #311 on: March 26, 2019, 09:55:56 AM »

Before 1912 we didnt have much of a national army

now we have too much of an army

People got sick, they died, people went broke, they starved.

as opposed to now?

We didn;t have inoculations against diseases.

taxes invented those okay

at any rate, the point is we had a variety of tax rates in the past. Our current issue is spending not taxes. we're 22 trillion dollars in debt. at this point we are just paying interest on the debt, not even paying it off. and THAT cost is soaring.

our govt gets PLENTY of revenue  https://www.thebalance.com/current-u-s-federal-government-tax-revenue-3305762

FY 2020 - $3.64 trillion, budgeted.
FY 2019 - $3.44 trillion, estimated.
FY 2018 - $3.33 trillion.
FY 2017 - $3.32 trillion.
FY 2016 - $3.27 trillion.
FY 2015 - $3.25 trillion.
FY 2014 - $3.02 trillion.
FY 2013 - $2.77 trillion.
FY 2012 - $2.45 trillion.

RC -
It has only just begun!  

you'll have 5 more years to investigate then. all this thing has done is Confirm everything trump says about the media
« Last Edit: March 26, 2019, 10:07:49 AM by lester1/2jr » Logged
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #312 on: March 26, 2019, 07:32:45 PM »

there are days like this when i really wish we had no political threads here. or that we had an ignore feature. or that we all lived in a better world. Bluesad
I read all of the recent remarks, and came back to you.  Particularly considering the content of the remarks.  I myself never felt the compulsion to read all new or updated threads.  Your "ignore" feature is an old idea I don't dig because it's a kind of censorship.  Be your own censor, and censorship fails.  Just don't read the stuff you don't want to. 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
316zombie
« Reply #313 on: March 27, 2019, 03:20:13 PM »

i know what you're saying, but in some cases it's hard to just not read it. maybe it's an OCD thing, but i've always used the ignore feature to censor MY reading, only mine. i seem to be unable to just skip it if i can see it.
Svengoolie 3

« Reply #314 on: March 28, 2019, 08:07:17 PM »

Politicians like this make christians look bad, good christians need to speak out more against them.

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 39
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  The All-Purpose Political Thread « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.