Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 17, 2024, 07:32:42 PM
714191 Posts in 53091 Topics by 7733 Members
Latest Member: Mamie94489
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  The All-Purpose Political Thread « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 39
Author Topic: The All-Purpose Political Thread  (Read 118388 times)
Svengoolie 3
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #360 on: April 09, 2019, 05:43:08 PM »

one the weirdest things to happen last year was when they tried to make Saudi Arabia part of civilized society.

They're Wahabi muslims. Jews are banned from traveling in their country. They fund all the insane mosques that terrorists get their inspiration from but... they go along with our foreign policy mainly because they absolutely hate Shia muslims. and pump more oil when we tell them too

There's been a convenient "they don't REALLY think that way they just want to stay in power...they are reforming" vibe for decades now.it's an attempt to try and provide cover for our humiliation at being associated with such utter savages.

the Khashoggi murder seems to have Ko'd all that. They've gone back to being a relatively anonymous funding source for the civilization they revile

allhallows - likewise

No,  they just fundrhe far right element of our society.

Actually tho the right pretends to hate Islam the two are like peas in a pod.  Both believe in religious tyranny imposed by force.  Both believe in the oppression of women,  the violent suppression of all other religions,  persecute atheists,  want non heteros murdered and have zero tolerance for "others".

The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #361 on: April 09, 2019, 06:12:37 PM »

RC, you just surrendered the high ground.

This feud is really stupid. If you guys want to continue it why not use PMs? Or better, just forget about it altogether. Attack each others' ideas and positions all you want, just leave the personal stuff out. (And "he started it!" isn't a valid reason to retaliate.)

Yeah- I know.  Bluesad

I'm sorry to Lester, and to the board.
But I didn't feel I wasn't attacking Lester with the Daffy Duck gifs.
I was trying to make light of politics in general. It's all s**t.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2019, 06:21:53 PM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #362 on: April 09, 2019, 06:18:54 PM »

one the weirdest things to happen last year was when they tried to make Saudi Arabia part of civilized society.

They're Wahabi muslims. Jews are banned from traveling in their country. They fund all the insane mosques that terrorists get their inspiration from but... they go along with our foreign policy mainly because they absolutely hate Shia muslims. and pump more oil when we tell them too

There's been a convenient "they don't REALLY think that way they just want to stay in power...they are reforming" vibe for decades now.it's an attempt to try and provide cover for our humiliation at being associated with such utter savages.

the Khashoggi murder seems to have Ko'd all that. They've gone back to being a relatively anonymous funding source for the civilization they revile

allhallows - likewise

Actually tho the right pretends to hate Islam the two are like peas in a pod.  Both believe in religious tyranny imposed by force.  Both believe in the oppression of women,  the violent suppression of all other religions,  persecute atheists,  want non heteros murdered and have zero tolerance for "others".

One of two things must be true then, Sven:

Either you think I am just like that.
Or else you don't understand the right as well as you think you do.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #363 on: April 09, 2019, 07:02:58 PM »

RC, you just surrendered the high ground.

This feud is really stupid. If you guys want to continue it why not use PMs? Or better, just forget about it altogether. Attack each others' ideas and positions all you want, just leave the personal stuff out. (And "he started it!" isn't a valid reason to retaliate.)

Yeah- I know.  Bluesad

I'm sorry to Lester, and to the board.
But I didn't feel I wasn't attacking Lester with the Daffy Duck gifs.
I was trying to make light of politics in general. It's all s**t.

I didn't think you were attacking him with the .gifs either. It's weird how these things escalate.

I like you both and I like everyone here, even when we disagree.

It pains me to see us fighting among ourselves when we should all be banding together to fight "Dr. Who" fans.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #364 on: April 09, 2019, 07:42:50 PM »

okay everyone has saved face and put their face in the freezer or whatever it is.  Drink

Sven- I think you're hobby horsing a bit there. There are some pretty lousy people on the right but none on the level of the Saudi royals, who are like ISIS if they had yachts and palaces instead of 5 streets in Syria.

The fealty paid to these gross characters is bi partisan and totally undignified.

not everything is about the dastardly republicans

two things embarass me: our ridiculous healthcare system where we pay and pay and it still sucks and our friendship with the saudis, who are like all the people we call our enemies put together on steroids
Svengoolie 3

« Reply #365 on: April 09, 2019, 07:50:30 PM »

allhallows - likewise

One of two things must be true then, Sven:

Either you think I am just like that.
Or else you don't understand the right as well as you think you do.

I said "far right". The trump right.  You  have said you  are not a trumP supporter to your credit.

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #366 on: April 09, 2019, 08:03:01 PM »

I don't like Trump. I never liked Hillary either.

What I really don't like is going to the hospital with meningitis, being sent home, having the hillbilly girl down the street tell me-"Man, you got meningitis'!
And she describes my symptoms. I'm in real pain. My head feels like it's about to explode. I tell the docs-"I want a spinal tap!"
They gave me one.
I had severe spinal meningitis.
That ain't the part that p**ses me off. What p**ses me off is they charged me lots of money for my first visit. It's like paying a house painter for throwing his wet brush at your house and saying-
"I'm done. Pay me!" I got f**ked out of a lot of money.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #367 on: April 09, 2019, 08:16:14 PM »

well put, Ron Burgundy our healthcare system is the weak link in our society
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #368 on: April 09, 2019, 08:47:21 PM »

well put, Ron Burgundy our healthcare system is the weak link in our society

There's lotsa rusty links in any system.
I know it will never be fixed to anyone's satisfaction.
But it it sure p**ses me off.  Hatred

I'm at the point that I don't give a f**k anymore.
It's dead, Jim.

« Last Edit: April 09, 2019, 09:09:24 PM by RCMerchant » Logged

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #369 on: April 10, 2019, 07:35:39 AM »

Our current private-insurance-based health care system combines the worst qualities of a free-market system with the worst qualities of socialized medicine.

IMO the Affordable Health Care Act (AKA "Obamacare") was far from perfect, but it was the best compromise we're likely to get without a radical restructuring that will never happen.

Svengoolie 3

« Reply #370 on: April 17, 2019, 09:22:33 PM »

Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #371 on: April 17, 2019, 09:34:10 PM »

Congresswoman Ilhan Omar's "Some people did something" comment made me seriously angry: nearly 3000 innocent Americans being murdered in cold blood on my birthday is not just "something"  Hatred

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #372 on: April 18, 2019, 10:24:42 AM »

as an American who nearly lost members of his family that day I'm not offended at all. She was making a point about civil rights.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #373 on: April 18, 2019, 12:07:41 PM »

as an American who nearly lost members of his family that day I'm not offended at all. She was making a point about civil rights.

I wasn't either. She could have worded it more carefully but her underlying point was inoffensive.

316zombie
« Reply #374 on: April 18, 2019, 03:46:25 PM »

absolutely not offended, since i ignored the headlines and watched the actual statement being made. bad phrasing, maybe, but her point is valid. and now she's getting death threats. friggin ridiculous.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 39
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  The All-Purpose Political Thread « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.