Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 02:23:25 AM
713385 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  The All-Purpose Political Thread « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 39
Author Topic: The All-Purpose Political Thread  (Read 116406 times)
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #435 on: May 21, 2019, 11:02:55 AM »

I watch CNBC. "how is the cement industry, here we have the ceo of some cement company" the straightforwardness of it appeals to me.

Svengoolie 3
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #436 on: May 21, 2019, 05:12:37 PM »

This guy is vowing to impose christian rule on america no matter what others want.  What makes him different than ISIS or the taliban?

http://www.rightwingwatch.org/post/rick-wiles-we-are-going-to-impose-christian-rule-in-this-country/

Also if religion is going to get involved in politics why should it be tax free?

The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #437 on: May 22, 2019, 12:52:35 AM »

I'm guessing that these lawmakers on restricting abortions have no idea what a female has to go through. Personally speaking but my elder sister had to get one due to being illegally evicted from her apartment where she was living at the time. You think that she'll get over it after a while. NOPE. My god, hearing her cry about it and lashing out at the bf  is stressful. That's one part of it since my dad was trying to help her and threatened both her and my mom that she would not be welcomed back home, and seeing my mom cry about it tore me up from the inside. Damn near committed suicide because of it, since I couldn't do anything about since it would be like throwing napalm on a fire.
I don't care if you are pro-life; abortion is a gray, complex subject and trying to give a black/white simple answer is f**king bulls**t.

yeah no.
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #438 on: May 22, 2019, 08:05:47 AM »

I don't care if you are pro-life; abortion is a gray, complex subject and trying to give a black/white simple answer is f**king bulls**t.

That is exactly why abortion is the only subject in the world I don't have an opinion on.

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #439 on: May 23, 2019, 04:44:26 PM »

Small | Large

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #440 on: May 24, 2019, 02:14:38 AM »

South Africa's President is being inaugurated tomorrow.  Smile

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #441 on: May 24, 2019, 07:19:58 AM »

I've been unplugged from the news for the past week and it's been very pleasant.  Thumbup

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #442 on: May 27, 2019, 02:39:56 PM »

King Of Irony Donald Trump Tweets About 'Low IQ' Joe 'Bidan,' Twitter Wits Can't Even

https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/donald-trump-joe-biden-bidan-north-korea-043515523.html 

Some choice responses to the tweet: 

Joe Bidan for presidant! Tramp is terrafied he'll win the 2020 elaction. 

Now I know why the stable genius couldn’t find Obama’s birth certificate. He did an online search for “Barrack Omaha” and got suspicious when it came back with no results. 

I'm guessing Joe Bidan is the dark lord of Covfefe.

Breaking: "Joe Bidan" has entered the 2020 race alongside Joe Biden, and now they're both polling ahead of Donald Trump.

"Low IQ and Joe Bidan” in the same sentence

It’s incredibly chilling for the President of the United States to excuse the belligerent actions of a North Korean dictator who murdered American citizens while applauding attacks on Democratic opponents like “Joe Bidan” just before playing golf in Japan on Memorial Day weekend.

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #443 on: May 27, 2019, 03:07:40 PM »

That's why I just quit watching the news. I'ts surreal .
It's like a Dali painting mixed with an Ed Wood movie. Only worse. It's like an old Ormand Brothers movie.-Only worse! I can't do it anymore. It's too much s**t.
Too much money with people with NO brains at all. But they got money!
And I mean everybody. Left, right,middle, Korea, Russia, crazy f**kers in the US and the Mideast- f**k em all.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2019, 03:14:04 PM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #444 on: May 27, 2019, 07:22:27 PM »

yeah no.
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #445 on: May 30, 2019, 07:32:08 AM »

Just had a discussion in work about Anarchy Vs True Democracy and Ideal Communism (as in Marx's writings) Vs the practical reality (Soviet Union, China etc).

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Svengoolie 3
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #446 on: May 30, 2019, 07:36:05 AM »

Thanks, all you trump voters.

http://nymag.com/intelligencer/2019/05/study-trump-tax-cuts-failed-growth-investment.html

The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #447 on: May 30, 2019, 09:29:39 AM »

One of the contenders for the leadership of the tory party announced he would not allow Scotland to hold a second independence referendum. The entire country now seems to be mocking him under the hashtag 'permissionfromSajid'. National institutions, other politicians and newspapers are all getting in on this (one newspaper had its headline that you'd have to ask permission for Sajid to go buy the paper). Other people are asking him if they can have permission to have an early night or go to the toilet.

My favourite however is "And God said let there be light, and there was light.

But only because he got #permissionfromSajid."

Having an English based party telling people in Scotland wither or not they can have a vote is going down like a lead balloon, even amongst people who would vote to remain. I would imagine though it is a more popular move down south. Given how little that party is represented north of the border and how much Thatcher killed their popularity I don't see them ever really making a comeback. What does surprise me is just how much Labour's vote share has plummeted. Growing up, you could colour an election map of Scotland in red for Labour. In the European elections they didn't get a single representative (SNP will be sending 3, The Brexit Party 1, Liberal Democrats 1 and the Tories 1) and only took 9% of the vote.

When you are doing worse than the Tories in Scotland then you have done something very badly wrong indeed.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #448 on: May 30, 2019, 10:28:39 AM »

One of the contenders for the leadership of the tory party announced he would not allow Scotland to hold a second independence referendum. The entire country now seems to be mocking him under the hashtag 'permissionfromSajid'. National institutions, other politicians and newspapers are all getting in on this (one newspaper had its headline that you'd have to ask permission for Sajid to go buy the paper). Other people are asking him if they can have permission to have an early night or go to the toilet.

Having an English based party telling people in Scotland wither or not they can have a vote is going down like a lead balloon, even amongst people who would vote to remain. I would imagine though it is a more popular move down south. Given how little that party is represented north of the border and how much Thatcher killed their popularity I don't see them ever really making a comeback. What does surprise me is just how much Labour's vote share has plummeted. Growing up, you could colour an election map of Scotland in red for Labour. In the European elections they didn't get a single representative (SNP will be sending 3, The Brexit Party 1, Liberal Democrats 1 and the Tories 1) and only took 9% of the vote.

When you are doing worse than the Tories in Scotland then you have done something very badly wrong indeed.

I don't really have a horse in the race, but it would amuse me to see Scotland vote for independence from the UK and then join the EU.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #449 on: May 30, 2019, 10:49:21 AM »

I don't really have a horse in the race, but it would amuse me to see Scotland vote for independence from the UK and then join the EU.

We did vote by a big majority to remain in the EU. Certainly a much higher percentage than voted to remain in the UK (if I remember the figures correctly I think it was 52% or 55% to stay in the UK compared to 67% voted to remain in the EU. What I take from that is we'd rather remain in both, but if forced to chose, we'd stick with the EU.

Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 39
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  The All-Purpose Political Thread « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.