Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 17, 2024, 08:26:43 PM
714191 Posts in 53091 Topics by 7733 Members
Latest Member: Mamie94489
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  The All-Purpose Political Thread « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 39
Author Topic: The All-Purpose Political Thread  (Read 118393 times)
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #465 on: June 08, 2019, 07:14:32 PM »

Since trump didn't manage to see any of the protests I thought I'd post this up for anyone who wants to see them.

http://www.sadanduseless.com/donald-meets-england-funny/?fbclid=IwAR22vTNo5t9Y_lnEV7W0V3lAIearSHSoNGsErURzDEB_JEA4zGwoBKb-ymQ

That bit proved that trump is a delusional narcissistic egomaniac. He literally cannot perceive or accept any reality that goes against his wishes. He sees himself as the center and master of reality. Anything that goes against his view of reality doesn't exist, is fake news, is a conspiracy, etc.

BTW are they done fumigating europe yet?

Also, his handlers may have been careful to avoid him seeing anything that might trigger him, only driving him past designated safe spaces and distracting him when protests were on TV. Kind of like they made sure he didn't see the USS John McCain in Japan.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #466 on: June 09, 2019, 09:54:29 AM »

I went to a pride parade last night and two churches helped sponsor the parade. Apparently one church is very tolerant with the lgbt group, and the other church is going to split into two.
Edit: the peaceful church is the Episcopal Church, and the church that is splitting into two is the Methodist Church, because apparently loving thy neighbor is as thy self isn't what a lot of people subscribe to.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2019, 12:17:49 PM by El Misfit » Logged

yeah no.
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #467 on: June 09, 2019, 11:39:29 PM »

It's not that simple.
The New Testament clearly describes homosexual behavior as sinful.
It also tells us that we are to love sinners, as Christ did.  But loving sinners and encouraging them to take pride in their sin are two different things.
I mean, would people be all up in arms if the church refused to take part in a pro-adultery rally?

Bottom line, loving people doesn't necessarily mean loving all the things they do.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #468 on: June 10, 2019, 12:03:09 AM »

So gay folks are sinners because an old book said so?
I don't get that part. They ain't hurting anyone. They actually LOVE each other.
Ain't that what the Bible is supposed to be all about?   Question
I don't get what there is to forgive.
I don't like GAME OF THRONES or liver and onions- that don't mean folks who do are sinners.
If you wanna kill or rob someone-yeah- I think we can all agree on that!
But who you choose to love is a given, I would reckon.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2019, 12:07:06 AM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #469 on: June 10, 2019, 12:12:09 AM »

Folks not too long ago would say my loving a black woman was " not right".
f**k THEM.  Hatred

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #470 on: June 10, 2019, 06:39:47 AM »

Folks not too long ago would say my loving a black woman was " not right".
f**k THEM.  Hatred

I agree, Ronny.

My very special sister and her husband adopted a little black girl whose dips**t mother had abandoned her: this lovely young lady now has a family who loves her, a younger brother, a second chance in life - the same chance I got - and of course, some Uncle who claims to be a zombie.  Smile

Those kids saved my life: if they hadn't come along in 2008 and 2009, I would be long dead.

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Svengoolie 3
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #471 on: June 10, 2019, 08:25:55 AM »

It's not that simple.
The New Testament clearly describes homosexual behavior as sinful.
It also tells us that we are to love sinners, as Christ did.  But loving sinners and encouraging them to take pride in their sin are two different things.
I mean, would people be all up in arms if the church refused to take part in a pro-adultery rally?

Bottom line, loving people doesn't necessarily mean loving all the things they do.

Sorry, indy, but when a book tells me slavery is OK I cease to have any regard for what it says is right and wrong.

The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #472 on: June 10, 2019, 10:34:29 AM »

Hey, I don't ask anybody else to live by my code unless they choose to embrace my faith.
It's like a Jew keeping kosher; I don't really expect the world outside my faith to choose my standards.

A huge part of the problem today is folks confuse tolerance and approval. Tolerance means you do your thing, I do mine, and I don't ask you to be my cheerleader and vice versa.

Too many people today - on both sides, but especially on the left - think that unless you give full-throated, fist-pumping, jumping up and down and screaming "Huzzah!!!" approval to every single thing a person does, you must hate them.

I don't hate anybody, and I don't treat anybody different because they are gay or straight.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #473 on: June 10, 2019, 10:51:46 AM »

I think people in the bible days just didn't know what a gay person was.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #474 on: June 10, 2019, 01:16:08 PM »

And the mockery continues. Not that I think any of his rivals are anymore (resist the urge to make cocaine jokes) purer than the driven snow.

I'm not sure of the story here, but I'm sure it will blow over.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Svengoolie 3

« Reply #475 on: June 10, 2019, 05:27:27 PM »

Soooo,  I take it a politician in engkand got busted with cocaine?

Speaking of british politics how's that brexit going?

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #476 on: June 10, 2019, 05:31:03 PM »

Sort of. He was forced into admitting (he owned up before a journalist revealed it) he had taken cocaine 20 years ago. Normally I'd say that was a non-event, but at the same time he was campaigning against drugs. Since he is one of the candidates to be the new PM it is calling his (double) standards into account and that any 'normal' person would face prosectution. I've long felt that politicians should be subject to random drug testing and the results made public.

As for brexit... ask me again when the new PM is elected.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2019, 05:33:57 PM by Dark Alex » Logged

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Svengoolie 3

« Reply #477 on: June 10, 2019, 05:39:21 PM »

Sort of. He was forced into admitting (he owned up before a journalist revealed it) he had taken cocaine 20 years ago. Normally I'd say that was a non-event, but at the same time he was campaigning against drugs. Since he is one of the candidates to be the new PM it is calling his (double) standards into account and that any 'normal' person would face prosectution. I've long felt that politicians should be subject to random drug testing and the results made public.

As for brexit... ask me again when the new PM is elected.

Well if i'm  still around.

Say, about britt PMs, how do they go?  Do they get elected by the public?  Do they serve fixed terms or stay in until they get too unpopular or what?

lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #478 on: June 10, 2019, 08:28:26 PM »

doesn't everyone in England snort cocaine?
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #479 on: June 11, 2019, 01:24:12 AM »

doesn't everyone in England snort cocaine?

Being Scottish I can't answer for the entire population of England.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 39
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  The All-Purpose Political Thread « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.