Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 08:56:06 PM
714321 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  The All-Purpose Political Thread « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 39
Author Topic: The All-Purpose Political Thread  (Read 118885 times)
Svengoolie 3
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #390 on: April 24, 2019, 11:49:57 AM »

No,  Indy may have some views I can't agree with but hecs not one of these hypocritical scum who makes me practically spit out the word "christian" be cause they attack Clinton and Obama for not being christian enough but praise trump who is a walking monument to  the "7 deadly sins" and is the kind of person biblical Jesus would have driven out of the temple with a whip.

I believe he does have enough real respect for his views to despise trump and reject him,  unlike the horde of evangelical hypocritical scum who attack democrats on biblical hounds and support a thing like trump who is a walking antithesis of most  biblical values.

Indy isn't the kind of hypocrite that makes me disgusted whenever he talks about his "faith".  He walks the walk more than anyone who cals himself christian and supports trump.

The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #391 on: April 24, 2019, 04:51:15 PM »

While I appreciate the kind thoughts, I must say that many people, my mother among them, supported Trump because they saw him as the lesser of two evils.  I might think they are wrong, but I am not going to call them "scum" because frankly I know them and they are not.

Then there are some whom that label fits perfectly.  The fact is, good people can be misled by bad people, and bad people can occasionally do good things.

Life is rarely black and white.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #392 on: April 24, 2019, 09:38:36 PM »

I have been seeing shades of gray more and more; rarely do I see black and white. 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Jim H

« Reply #393 on: April 25, 2019, 12:25:18 AM »

I get everlastingly sick of the Trumpsters on my FB feed talking about the "Nazi sympathizer" George Soros.
Some even say he was an SS officer during World War II.

First of all, Soros is JEWISH. He barely survived the Holocaust.  Secondly, he was 14 when the war ended.
Third, he's politically far left, not far right, which is the opposite of Nazism.
A ten second Google search is all it takes to show how false that story is.  But no one bothers to fact check anything.
EVER.

What's fascinating about stories like this, a number of times stories like these are transformed anti-semitism.  For example, I've seen people spread stories about the Rothschild's (who are the center of numerous anti-semitic conspiracy theories) that calls them Nazis, when they literally had their children ransomed by the Nazis and fled Austria after losing much of their fortune to them. 

But, anti-semitic conspiracies don't work on a lot of people for obvious reasons, so the originators of the conspiracies change aspects of their BS around to make people who don't hold anti-semitic views accidentally support them and spread it further - then people read between the lines, and it spreads anti-semitism.  It's twisted, but works.
Svengoolie 3

« Reply #394 on: April 25, 2019, 10:14:53 AM »

While I appreciate the kind thoughts, I must say that many people, my mother among them, supported Trump because they saw him as the lesser of two evils.  I might think they are wrong, but I am not going to call them "scum" because frankly I know them and they are not.

Then there are some whom that label fits perfectly.  The fact is, good people can be misled by bad people, and bad people can occasionally do good things.

Life is rarely black and white.

Well, indy, when I saw a trump supporter in texas call for the extermination of people like me and the crowd cheered, then saw a distinct lack of reaction condemning this from the right my opinion of trump supporters hit a record low.

https://youtu.be/IrRA4pDXd7s

I know the prerecorded response from the right will be "just a few nuts!"

Well, whenever anyone on the left says anything extreme, the right immediately claims that that is the view of the whole left any anyone who isn't a rock ribbed republican has that view, so I'm rejecting the claim "it's just a few nuts!"

Also, where was the outrage from the right over this? Where were the condemnations from sean hannity, ruch lmbaugh, michael savage? Apparently the right didn't consider calling for the murder of 605 million americans worthy of condemnation, unlike, say, the cries of horror and fury over raising taxes on the rich.

Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #395 on: April 25, 2019, 11:24:22 AM »

Well, whenever anyone on the left says anything extreme, the right immediately claims that that is the view of the whole left any anyone who isn't a rock ribbed republican has that view, so I'm rejecting the claim "it's just a few nuts!"

And do you think it doesn't work exactly the same way in the other direction?

I think partisanship is an intellectual disease.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #396 on: April 25, 2019, 01:21:21 PM »

But the difference is... WE'RE RIGHT AND THEY'RE WRONG...!   TeddyR

Svengoolie 3

« Reply #397 on: April 25, 2019, 02:50:43 PM »

No,  the difference between the right and the left is that when someone on the left says so ethjngextreme people on the left come down on them for it, peolle like bill maher, Steve Colbert,  Rachel maddow,  john Stewart,  etc.

When someone on the right say something horrible, invites violence,  etc, no one on the right condemns them. Not  rush goebbles, not heil hannity,  not Glenn dick,  etc. If anything the right praises those on the right who go to extremes.

316zombie
« Reply #398 on: April 25, 2019, 04:27:58 PM »

indy, you know i love you like a brother. please don't put me on your friend list, i wouldn't want to embarrass you, and that WOULD happen. i have a foul mouth, a vicious temper and i don't tolerate idiots well at all outside this place, lol!
  i'm also the sweetest woman on earth when i want to be, but when it comes to politics, that's as rare as me cutting myself, you know? so don't do it! :)
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #399 on: April 25, 2019, 04:31:08 PM »

I quit watching the news. I just quit.
I'm done with it. Thumbdown
I ain't gonna spend what's left of my life worrying about this s**t that does nothing for me except p**s me off.

« Last Edit: April 25, 2019, 04:33:49 PM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #400 on: April 25, 2019, 09:06:12 PM »

For my Babe: 
The United States Of America - Cloud Song (1969) Small | Large

Pacman000
« Reply #401 on: April 26, 2019, 10:43:54 PM »

For those on the U.S. who wanna move to Canada: https://www.craigslist.org/about/best/tor/5868054196.html
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #402 on: May 10, 2019, 08:34:43 AM »

With Georgia's new abortion law coming into effect let's talk about how f**ked up it is. Putting the elephant in the room aside the law can make a lady who miscarriages into jail. Pretty sure that the men who made the law has absolutely zero education on the human body and has probably never been with a woman

yeah no.
Svengoolie 3

« Reply #403 on: May 10, 2019, 11:44:48 AM »

Religious oposition to abortion explained.

Pacman000
« Reply #404 on: May 10, 2019, 02:34:05 PM »

No; if it was merely about keeping women in check other women wouldn't be pro-life.

It might be about controlling daughters & ensuring you have grankids, but it could not be about controlling women in general.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 39
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  The All-Purpose Political Thread « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.