Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 06:35:33 AM
714308 Posts in 53091 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  The All-Purpose Political Thread « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 39
Author Topic: The All-Purpose Political Thread  (Read 118804 times)
316zombie
« Reply #405 on: May 11, 2019, 04:29:04 PM »

oh yes women would,pac. women are control freaks just like men are. and the majority of anti-choice women are controlled by the men in their lives, including the men who run their church.
both of you please read this article, because you both need to know the actual facts, not the hype, and not the spin either, okay?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2019/05/11/could-miscarriages-land-women-jail-lets-clarify-these-georgia-alabama-abortion-bills/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.330a6b6cda71
Pacman000
« Reply #406 on: May 11, 2019, 04:54:10 PM »

oh yes women would,pac. women are control freaks just like men are. and the majority of anti-choice women are controlled by the men in their lives, including the men who run their church.
both of you please read this article, because you both need to know the actual facts, not the hype, and not the spin either, okay?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2019/05/11/could-miscarriages-land-women-jail-lets-clarify-these-georgia-alabama-abortion-bills/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.330a6b6cda71

That's the problem I have with the argument; it amounts to a stereotype of pro-life women.

Read the article; thank you. Just an attempt to challenge Roe V. Wade while the courts might have a right lean.
316zombie
« Reply #407 on: May 11, 2019, 05:32:08 PM »

yes, it is, but the problem is the amount of states where the same  kind of law is being blocked. i keep getting told that federal law trumps state law, when it comes to pot, well it better do the same with abortion then. NO ONE should have the right to take control of a woman's body by forcing her into childbearing. not men, not other women, not parents, boyfriends, husbands, etc. NO ONE.
Pacman000
« Reply #408 on: May 11, 2019, 05:36:09 PM »

That's the other problem I have with it; it assumes the fetus isn't a person.
Svengoolie 3
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #409 on: May 11, 2019, 11:47:12 PM »

I believe that conservative politicians who bring up and sign anti abortion laws should be forced to pay the state's legal expenses when a court strikes them down. Why should pewople who support abortion rights have to foot the bill for overturning these laws? Let the people who create them pay for it.

The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.
316zombie
« Reply #410 on: May 15, 2019, 01:36:14 AM »

That's the other problem I have with it; it assumes the fetus isn't a person.

it isn't . even the bible talks about" the breath of life" to designate a CHILD.
316zombie
« Reply #411 on: May 15, 2019, 01:38:19 AM »

if paccie left because of me and my strong opinions, let me know. i'll walk away. my friends here know how to find me, and i don't want to be the reason someone leaves.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #412 on: May 15, 2019, 07:33:18 AM »

if paccie left because of me and my strong opinions, let me know. i'll walk away. my friends here know how to find me, and i don't want to be the reason someone leaves.

When someone leaves it's their own decision. If I'm not mistaken think Pac did this once before, and came back. The solution to people leaving is not for other people to leave.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #413 on: May 15, 2019, 08:22:50 AM »

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/alabama-state-senate-passes-near-total-abortion-ban-direct-challenge-n1005556?cid=sm_npd_nn_fb_ma
ARE YOU F*CKING KIDDING ME? Rape victims can't get help. WHAT THE F*CK ALABAMA?!?!

yeah no.
316zombie
« Reply #414 on: May 15, 2019, 04:40:52 PM »

thanks rev. you're right, i shouldn't guilt out.  Cheers
misfit, the governor is supposed to be reviewing the law today, we'll see what happeens. frankly, the state of alabama can't afford the court costs.
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #415 on: May 15, 2019, 11:51:38 PM »

I do not believe any entity should dictate opinions regarding body sovereignty as law. 
I might agree with such opinion subjectively, but objectively never. 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Svengoolie 3
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #416 on: May 16, 2019, 02:29:51 AM »

I think the right needs a good solid crushing in america, they're just out of control and need to be beaten, not reasoned with. This is intolerable.

Also they cannot penalize someone for an action they commit in another state.

The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #417 on: May 16, 2019, 05:50:16 AM »

This is becoming an increasing feature of modern life. People doing something legal in one country are being arrested for it in an entirely different one should they later visit it.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #418 on: May 16, 2019, 07:43:53 AM »

This is becoming an increasing feature of modern life. People doing something legal in one country are being arrested for it in an entirely different one should they later visit it.

It's called "extradition" and it's really nothing new. The U.S.'s first extradition treaty was signed with Britain in 1794.

Not sure what Svenghoulie's referring to, though.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #419 on: May 16, 2019, 07:52:48 AM »

No wonder someone called the cops on me when I arrived at Frankfurt Airport in 2003  Buggedout Wink

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 39
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  The All-Purpose Political Thread « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.