Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 05:48:32 AM
714351 Posts in 53095 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Bad Movies That Are Hard To Find « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Bad Movies That Are Hard To Find  (Read 9428 times)
Olivia Bauer
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: November 02, 2018, 05:50:40 PM »

So I was on a Google Hangout with some movie buffs and a film called "Towers of Terror" was brought up. When they described the plot I remembered that this very same movie was once advertised on this site by a spammer.

Link

The guy hosting the Hangout wanted to see it out of morbid curiosity but I literally can't find it. IMDb says it was released, I found a Facebook page for it. But I don't know where to even find a copy. As awful and offensive this movie is I don't like media vanishing into the void.

How many other movies are there that people have heard of but have never seen?

Svengoolie 3

« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2018, 06:19:48 PM »

Treasure of the 4 crowns.

Yor,  hunter from the future.

Dagora space monster.

The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.
claws
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2018, 07:18:37 PM »

Some IMDb entries should be taken with a grain of salt. They ever so often list movies that don't exist. I'm not saying that "Towers of Terror" wasn't made but when you find zero info on the internet you sometimes have to wonder. Even the most obscure title has some sort of info online.

I've been checking on a movie at IMDb called "Devotion" for years. Whoever is updating it's page has been changing the release date every year. It is now listed 03-01-2019. Last year it was 03-01-18. The year before 03-01-17 etc. There is pretty much zero information online which is odd considering the impressive cast: Kane Hodder, Tom Sizemore, Kevin Sorbo, Daniel Baldwin, Matthias Hues, Don 'The Dragon' Wilson, Wladimir Klitschko (!), Billy Blanks and Riddick Bowe. A mock trailer from the director (no name middle aged martial artist) was uploaded in 2013 I think. It's just cheaply shot footage of him walking around motivated.

Not seen but what looks like bad fun is Beyond the Game (2016). It features an all-star cast of B-Martial Artists and Action Actors. Two trailers exist and a video with behind-the-scenes footage. According to IMDb it had it's DVD premiere in Japan in 2016 and lists "2016" as the US release date, but nothing so far.

Another rare one is Hostile Environment (1999 or 2000 year of release keeps changing, filmed in 1997 though) aka Water War. This one stars and was produced by Brigitte Nielsen and directed by David A. Prior. I guess Nielsen wanted to get her money's worth, she managed to sell it to a few European countries.
It was never released in America (no buyers I assume. The film is pretty bad even by David A. Prior standards) and there is only one DVD release in Germany, dubbed in German without English audio.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2018, 04:01:01 AM by claws » Logged
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2018, 07:33:45 PM »

Dagora space monster.

I had both of these on vhs years ago!

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2018, 07:41:10 PM »

I can't believe how hard it was to find a dvd of HALLOWEEN (1979)!
I had to go all the way to f**king Korea to buy this-for $ 5.00.
A couple years ago this was in Dollar Stores!

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2018, 02:52:36 AM »

ah...what was the entire movie that got made and shot, but the director didn't tell any of the cast that he had no intention of releasing it, and it was only done so he could keep the rights to a certain movie franchise? I'm thinking it was a superhero type movie...  apoarently it exists but has never been released ?? (and is supposed to be very bad!)

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2018, 03:07:21 AM »

I think Roger Cormen's Fantastic Four movie might be the one you are thinking of?

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2018, 05:53:07 AM »

Available on blu-ray for about $8.00!

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2018, 08:14:36 AM »

I think Roger Cormen's Fantastic Four movie might be the one you are thinking of?

yeah that's it...  Thumbup

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2018, 07:18:30 PM »

Hobgoblins 2

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
Svengoolie 3

« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2018, 12:09:06 PM »

The intruder within wasa MFTV alien ripoff that wasn't terrible.

Not of this world was a halfway decent alien monster movie MFTV that I saw once when I was a kid.

The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2018, 04:22:25 PM »

The DEMON LOVER (1977) aka DEVIL MASTER s a very hard to find Bad movie with a Ted Nugent wannabe warlock killing a bunch of collage age Michiganders. I have it on a big box vhs tape under the DEVIL MASTER moniker.

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2018, 04:48:23 PM »

Treasure of the 4 crowns.

Dagora space monster.

The 1st of these I saw in the theater, when it was 1st released. It was in my period of "if it is in 3-D, then go see it." The strange thing or maybe not so strange, the non-3-D parts of it, I liked better than the 3-D parts of the film.
Olivia Bauer

« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2018, 08:30:15 AM »

Funny. First time I was exposed that movie was a review where some dude found it on VHS.
I didn't know it was rare.

Gene Worm
A Guru of Rubber Monsters, and a
Bad Movie Lover

Rubber Monsters > CGI Monsters

« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2018, 12:41:23 PM »

It's been a very long time since I've had the chance to really write something about Bad Movies, and my favorites are the ones that are hard to find. So, I hope you guys won't mind my really long entry for this thread, even if no one will probably read it.

Síðasti bærinn í dalnum (The Last Farm in the Valley, 1950): A cheesy flick from Iceland with trolls, fairy princesses, and a blue horse. Unfortunately, it's another one of those made-for-TV films that never got re-mastered for VHS, DVD, or anything like that. The only footage that's out at the moment is a short TV recording of the movie, and the person who recorded it is currently trying to convince their Film Archive to release it. We'll just have to see if it happens. You can see the footage here.

Star Command (1996): This one used to be hard to find footage of before it suddenly emerged on DVD and is now available on Amazon. It was originally a made for TV movie, and footage was once quite hard to find without having been there to see it. You can watch the film for free (after the bizarre 32 second soap ad that's included in the video) on YouTube here.

Tuko sa Madre Kakaw (The Gecko of Mother Cacao, 1959): This one's actually gained "lost film" status, due to the footage having not ever been released after the time it was aired on television. It's a Filipino monster movie about a scientist who creates a giant gecko (he probably did it to save 15% or more on car insurance) that goes on a rampage through the Philippines. You can read more about it here.

TV Shows:
I don't know if they count since the subject is movies, but they fit the same category, so I'll include them anyway for more content.

White Lion Mask (1973): A short, 13-episode TV series about a samurai who can transform into the warrior called "White Lion Mask", and his quest to stop the evil Fire Demon King and his Yokai minions. The company that produced the show, Nippon Denpa Eiga, went bankrupt in 1990 and the show faded into obscurity. That is, before the show was released on DVD, where it is now available on Amazon Japan for a pretty hefty price. You can watch the first episode here.

Go! Ushiwaka Kotarou (1974): A long series of Japanese shorts about the misadventures of a ninja and his friends as they try to stop an evil fox-woman from summoning different yokai-inspired monsters. This show was actually made by none other than Toho (yes, the company behind Godzilla made this) and it aired alongside their other not-so popular (or easy to find) productions, Redman, Go! Godman, and Go! Greenman. The show was never officially released on DVD or anything like that, but there have been a few TV recordings floating around on the internet. You can view some of the episodes here on YouTube, although they might get flagged due to copyright some time in the future.

"Listen, you've got to get down below. There's something coming through, and it's the nastiest looking thing yet! Some of your buddies went down there a while ago, and I haven't seen them since."
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Bad Movies That Are Hard To Find « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.