Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 03:49:55 AM
714308 Posts in 53091 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Full Moon's Grindhouse Collection DVD Series « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Full Moon's Grindhouse Collection DVD Series  (Read 2119 times)
dcj2112
Bad Movie Lover

« on: November 08, 2018, 08:56:08 PM »

Anyone have any of these? Also, anyone know where I can find a full list of titles released in this series?

I'm kind of curious about it as I recently got some of the titles. The first one I watched was Necropolis. In the extras there are ads for the rest of the first wave in this series. They had at least one more wave as I've seen titles in this series that were not in that ad.

While the series has some pretty fun movies, it has some big drawbacks. The video quality on Necropolis was terrible and it doesn't look to be the only one. In the aforementioned ad, one of the films included was White Slave. The footage from it looks like it comes from a bad VHS copy. I have another DVD of White Slave put out by Shriek Show that looks much better. On Necropolis there was even a brief text apology about how crappy the video quality is.

I literally just bought another installment in the series, The Best of Sex and Violence. I'm a big fan of John Carradine so watching him host a collection of horror/exploitation clips in what can very loosely be defined as a movie sounds like pure ecstasy to me. I saw it selling on Amazon for $700+ a while back as I previously posted about on here. I paid about that with one small difference, this little symbol: "." Yes, I saw the exact same version of the movie on eBay and made an offer for a whopping $7.00. It was quickly accepted and now I eagerly await.

Anyway, thoughts on this series or any of the films it contains?
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2018, 06:27:33 PM »

The Best of Sex and Violence. I'm a big fan of John Carradine so watching him host a collection of horror/exploitation clips in what can very loosely be defined as a movie sounds like pure ecstasy to me.

We had it in the video store where I worked in the 1980s. It's pretty sad because Carradine was very old when he made it and his hands were all twisted from arthritis. If I remeber correctly, he is seated through the whole thing and one (or more) of his sons make guest appearances.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2018, 07:21:16 PM »

I may have watched a Full Moon movie before.
I don't like them I'm sorry. I can't do it.  Bluesad
BAD MOVIES! Bad! Go-! Git!

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2018, 11:25:43 PM »

Full Moon was a staple of my video diet  in the 1990's!  Some of their films were awful, some were actually pretty good.
But one thing I will say: They delivered up Joe Bob Briggs'  "Three B's" in nearly every film!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Gabriel Knight
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2018, 01:40:14 PM »

The only thing I recall from Full Moon is the Puppet Master saga. I never finished my super review thread about those movies...  Bluesad

Check my crappy and unpopular reviews and ratings:

https://www.imdb.com/user/ur85652268/?ref_=nv_usr_prof_2
claws
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2018, 02:41:11 PM »

I'm more of a fan of Band's Empire International Pictures (1983-1989). Lots of classics, better production values and just more fun to watch in general. Full Moon's early years were ok but started to suck quickly.

Those Grindhouse discs sound awful though. Too bad about Necropolis. Used to be a rental fave together with Neon Maniacs.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Full Moon's Grindhouse Collection DVD Series « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.