Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:48:07 AM
713339 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  Albums you had on vinyl... ROLLING STONES or... « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Albums you had on vinyl... ROLLING STONES or...  (Read 7537 times)
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« on: November 13, 2018, 10:27:13 PM »

Albums you had on vinyl... but don't have uploaded or on CD.  I had ROLLING STONES Their Satanic Majesties Request on vinyl 30 years ago (no lenticular cover) but don't have it in any form now.  Also ROLLING STONES Sticky Fingers (which did have the zipper cover which later became an embossed gold foil fake zipper).  I had a lot of great stuff on vinyl which I gave away 20 or more years ago.  
I'm listening to the first a lot on YouTube.  

I had some cool weird Punk sh!t that's hard to find now.  

I had a great turntable and HUGE speakers equalizer and that crap... I gave it away and my greatgrandma friend (87) I was with tonight gave it to her grandson, a good guy close to 30 years younger than me.  Yes, her granddaughter has a daughter.  

Small | Large

« Last Edit: November 13, 2018, 10:38:02 PM by Allhallowsday » Logged

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2018, 08:46:21 AM »

I had most of Led Zeppelin and Pink Floyd's catalogue on vinyl... only upgraded a couple of them to CD.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2018, 01:36:21 PM »

I just sold off the last remnants of my vinyl collection a month or two ago. I haven't owned a turntable in almost 20 years and am not likely to buy a new one anytime soon, so it was kind of a waste to still have them hanging around.

I was never a major vinyl collector anyway -- by the time I started buying music in the mid '80s vinyl was already on the way out. In the early days I was mostly about cassettes, but I've been all-CDs, all the time since about 1990.

Therefore my "album collection" was maybe 75 records, tops, most of which were cheap pickups I got from cut-out/bargain bins or from yard sales/etc. I let my brother (who still collects LPs) pick thru my stash and take what he wanted, then took the remainders (approx. 35-40 records) to a record store and cashed'em in.  

I'd long since upgraded most of my LPs to CD (or at least to CD-R copies), but I had some live Metallica bootlegs and a few other odds and ends that I know I'll likely never see/hear again. One in particular (Master of the Metal by Messiah Prophet, a long forgotten Christian metal band) is hard to find and rather pricey on CD nowadays so that was kinda tough to let go of. I can listen to that album on YouTube anytime I want of course, but it's not the same.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2018, 01:44:13 PM by FatFreddysCat » Logged

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2018, 02:58:17 PM »

I just sold off the last remnants of my vinyl collection a month or two ago. I haven't owned a turntable in almost 20 years and am not likely to buy a new one anytime soon, so it was kind of a waste to still have them hanging around.
I was never a major vinyl collector anyway -- by the time I started buying music in the mid '80s vinyl was already on the way out. In the early days I was mostly about cassettes, but I've been all-CDs, all the time since about 1990.
Therefore my "album collection" was maybe 75 records, tops, most of which were cheap pickups I got from cut-out/bargain bins or from yard sales/etc. I let my brother (who still collects LPs) pick thru my stash and take what he wanted, then took the remainders (approx. 35-40 records) to a record store and cashed'em in. 
I'd long since upgraded most of my LPs to CD (or at least to CD-R copies), but I had some live Metallica bootlegs and a few other odds and ends that I know I'll likely never see/hear again. One in particular (Master of the Metal by Messiah Prophet, a long forgotten Christian metal band) is hard to find and rather pricey on CD nowadays so that was kinda tough to let go of. I can listen to that album on YouTube anytime I want of course, but it's not the same.

FatFreddysCat, your story sounds very much like mine, especially them "cassettes"... I bought some, but mostly made my own mixes with a dual tape deck and from vinyl.  And 1990 sounds about the time I started buying CDs routinely, mostly to "upgrade" from beloved vinyl (I still had all my records then).  But, I was buying vinyl new in the '70s, and quickly got into checking out the USED LPs.  I have maybe 100 records left, mostly junk I wish I hadn't kept, but I haven't had a turntable either for many years.  I took good care of my records, so they were fun to look through.  I might've had a thousand... 

I picked up an LP in great shape off a pile of discarded records... Christian Metal band with the musicians as angels...? 
Just did a little digging, but I couldn't get my hands on it and maybe I have a couple hundred records left...

FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2018, 05:05:36 PM »

Christian Metal band with the musicians as angels...?

Was it Stryper's To Hell With The Devil?

Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2018, 05:31:52 PM »

Yeh, that's it!!!  CircuCircus kind of nudged me years ago about that one.  CC has great taste in music!  I like STRYPER

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2018, 06:34:31 PM »

I had LOTS of records on vinyl! I had one in particular that I haven't seen since the 70's called MIDNIGHT LIGHTNING by Jimi Hendrix which I really liked and haven't seen since in any form...
I still have a few, but most are lost to time.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2018, 06:48:29 PM »

I had some goofy novelty albums:
GOOFY GREATS

^I must have gotten a watered-down version because I don't remember all those tracks being on it.  I had about 14.
GOOFY GOLD
It had stuff like Alley Oop, Monster Mash, Transfusion, Purple People Eater, Running Bear, Big Bad John, etc.  It also came with some lame "Sounds Of Horror" album with moans, creaking doors, chains rattling, etc.

Also had the storybook Disney album TRICK OR TREAT, and THE HAUNTED MANSION.

And PAC-MAN FEVER!

I didn't really collect regular albums until later.  I have some classic stuff like Dreamboat Annie, Led Zep II and IV, Frampton Comes Alive, and a few others.

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2018, 07:15:05 PM »

I replaced just about all my vinyl with CDs. Now, I have more CDs than I ever had on vinyl.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2018, 09:11:15 PM »

I had some goofy novelty albums:
GOOFY GREATS

^I must have gotten a watered-down version because I don't remember all those tracks being on it.  I had about 14.
GOOFY GOLD
It had stuff like Alley Oop, Monster Mash, Transfusion, Purple People Eater, Running Bear, Big Bad John, etc.  It also came with some lame "Sounds Of Horror" album with moans, creaking doors, chains rattling, etc.

Also had the storybook Disney album TRICK OR TREAT, and THE HAUNTED MANSION.

And PAC-MAN FEVER!

I didn't really collect regular albums until later.  I have some classic stuff like Dreamboat Annie, Led Zep II and IV, Frampton Comes Alive, and a few others.

I think DISNEY did at least two versions of Haunted Mansion on LP before the example you show. I might have that Trick or Treat LP too...  I still have a good number of Halloween records and sound effects stuff.  I have both Goofy Greats and Funny Bone Favorites in first issue sleeves (sh!t, did I buy those off of the TV???) 

Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2018, 09:40:17 PM »

I had LOTS of records on vinyl! I had one in particular that I haven't seen since the 70's called MIDNIGHT LIGHTNING by Jimi Hendrix which I really liked and haven't seen since in any form...

Y'mean this one? : 

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2018, 02:17:50 AM »

Got a couple of hundred vinyl albums and a few singles kicking around. Tend to listen to them on the rare occasions I am in the house by myself. Was in a charity shop recently and picked up a bunch of singles with Disney stories I figured I'd pick up for Ash to hear when he is a little older.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2018, 02:56:03 AM »

Come to think of it, I believe I DID have a different album cover of THE HAUNTED MANSION.  It seemed like there was a prominent tombstone with maybe a bat or raven on it or something.

Anyway, I also had a really stupid children's album of DOCTOR DOLITTLE songs.

And a Mary Poppins soundtrack album (I think it was this one):

And I had the SESAME STREET BOOK AND RECORD.

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2018, 08:21:51 AM »

Yeh, that's it!!!  CircuCircus kind of nudged me years ago about that one.  CC has great taste in music!  I like STRYPER!  

I remember Circus Circus, he was a cool dude. Shame he doesnt hang here anymore.
I've been a Stryper fan since their first EP (and I have taken a ton of crap from my More Metal Than Thou friends about it in that time, hahaha)... They're still around and unlike a lot of so called "hair bands" from that era, their new stuff is just as good ( if not better) than their 80s albums. I do think they've gotten better with age!

One of the LPs I sold off a few weeks ago was my old copy of their Soldiers Under Command album. I've had it on CD for years now, great (cheesy) '80s metal.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2018, 10:36:53 AM by FatFreddysCat » Logged

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2018, 10:24:07 AM »

Y'mean this one? : 

Yes!

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  Albums you had on vinyl... ROLLING STONES or... « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.