Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:14:17 AM
713325 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Weird News Stories  |  Flat earthers having a convention. « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Flat earthers having a convention.  (Read 3359 times)
Svengoolie 3
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: November 14, 2018, 11:17:45 PM »

Groan.  Face palm.  Embarrassed this is happening in america...

http://fe2018.com

The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2018, 09:49:14 AM »

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2018, 03:01:56 PM »

Flat Earthers do stump a lot of people by asking how if the planet is other than flat the Nile River can flow northward over the Earth's curvation when its delta near Alexandria sits 534 MILES higher than the river's headwaters in the center of the continent. They claim this means water is flowing uphill against gravity, which is impossible.

You see Flat Earthers and those who like to argue with them going back and forth over this a lot online, each side trying to persuade the other it has the correct answer to that apparent contradiction.

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
Svengoolie 3

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2018, 12:13:11 AM »

That's an old reply to flat earthers....  Lookingup

... but it never loses its punch.  TeddyR

Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2018, 09:20:19 AM »

Flat Earthers do stump a lot of people by asking how if the planet is other than flat the Nile River can flow northward over the Earth's curvation when its delta near Alexandria sits 534 MILES higher than the river's headwaters in the center of the continent. They claim this means water is flowing uphill against gravity, which is impossible.

You see Flat Earthers and those who like to argue with them going back and forth over this a lot online, each side trying to persuade the other it has the correct answer to that apparent contradiction.

That's a weird one. Everything I see says that--of course--the headwaters are HIGHER elevation than the delta. The headwaters are in freaking mountains, the delta is sea level. Come to think of it, envisioning a globe, I'm having trouble imagining why they think earth's curvature would effect the flow of water in any way. Earth's gravity pulls everything toward the center, not the north or south. Walking towards the equator is not like walking uphill or downhill, the gravitational force is acting on a different axis entirely. 

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2018, 10:08:49 AM »

If someone told me the earth was flat I wouldn't debate it-I would be too busy laughing my ass off.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Svengoolie 3

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2018, 03:04:39 PM »

That's a weird one. Everything I see says that--of course--the headwaters are HIGHER elevation than the delta. The headwaters are in freaking mountains, the delta is sea level. Come to think of it, envisioning a globe, I'm having trouble imagining why they think earth's curvature would effect the flow of water in any way. Earth's gravity pulls everything toward the center, not the north or south. Walking towards the equator is not like walking uphill or downhill, the gravitational force is acting on a different axis entirely. 

I honestly think a lot of FEs are just trolls.  The ones who really believe it.......  Buggedout

Svengoolie 3

« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2018, 03:05:01 PM »

https://www.gocomics.com/wizardofid/2018/11/16

Couchtr26

« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2018, 02:49:13 PM »

Ah, the good old days.
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2018, 02:19:02 PM »

I hadn't thought of that, but, that is, of course, correct. The Nile river flows south to north, whereas, I believe, most rivers of that type, flow north to south like the Missouri and Mississippi. Within the U.S., there is the St. John's River, which also flows south to north, and, of course, it is in Florida, where it is the longest river in Florida at 310 miles, and the drop in elevation from its headwaters to its mouth is only 30 feet.

Though, with further thought, I believe that there are a number of rivers in Siberia that flow from south to north, and, of course, there is the European Rhine, which begins in Switzerland and ends in Netherlands, for another river that flows south to north.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2018, 05:34:13 PM »

The leading authority on everything, Bugs Bunny, says it's round-so yeh!

Small | Large

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2018, 06:09:10 PM »

I hadn't thought of that, but, that is, of course, correct. The Nile river flows south to north, whereas, I believe, most rivers of that type, flow north to south like the Missouri and Mississippi. Within the U.S., there is the St. John's River, which also flows south to north, and, of course, it is in Florida, where it is the longest river in Florida at 310 miles, and the drop in elevation from its headwaters to its mouth is only 30 feet.

Though, with further thought, I believe that there are a number of rivers in Siberia that flow from south to north, and, of course, there is the European Rhine, which begins in Switzerland and ends in Netherlands, for another river that flows south to north.

Kentucky's Liking River flows northward, too.

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2018, 02:26:05 PM »

Thank-you for that, ER. While most rivers flow north to south, I imagine there are a surprising number of rivers that flow in the opposite direction or south to north.

I am surprised at how long the Flat Earth Society has been around, as it was founded in the 1950s, but, it has been in resurgence recently, and part of that, is probably due to the popularity of the internet. You'd think they'd know better, but Boston Celtics guard Kyrie Irving and rapper B.o.B. are Flat Earthers.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2018, 06:21:46 PM »

Thank-you for that, ER. While most rivers flow north to south, I imagine there are a surprising number of rivers that flow in the opposite direction or south to north.

I am surprised at how long the Flat Earth Society has been around, as it was founded in the 1950s, but, it has been in resurgence recently, and part of that, is probably due to the popularity of the internet. You'd think they'd know better, but Boston Celtics guard Kyrie Irving and rapper B.o.B. are Flat Earthers.

I think Kyrie Irving may be the reason this b.s. has resurfaced lately. You never heard about it just a few years ago, and now all of the sudden it's all over YouTube.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2018, 08:34:50 AM by Rev. Powell » Logged

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2018, 07:43:13 PM »

People are f**king stupid!  BounceGiggle

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Weird News Stories  |  Flat earthers having a convention. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.