Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 12:26:04 PM
713351 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  What's your job? « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: What's your job?  (Read 6610 times)
retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2018, 05:45:49 PM »

I work as a housekeeper at a Veterans' Hospital.  A government job where you can get away with a lot of crap, and a lot of employees really test the waters (pick fights with other employees, misbehave in other ways, screw around, etc.).  I do not; I stay busy (though I will take extended breaks since I deserve 'em) and do more detail work in my ward than pretty much anyone else.  Staff/supers are almost universally cool with me and I am generally pretty happy there (save for an employee currently TRYING to get fired) and make good money-- PLENTY to keep a roof over my head and have some cool toys in my house, like a popcorn stand, 60 inch hidef tv and some arcade machines.

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
Couchtr26

« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2018, 02:44:01 PM »

Many at different times but mostly sales til I burnout from the hours and than a clerk job to recharge batteries til I want to do another sales job.

Ah, the good old days.
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2018, 12:08:15 PM »

Internal Controls Manager (basically, an internal auditor) for a clinical research company.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2018, 01:00:26 PM »

I work at a US branch of a Berlin-based closed-client art broker, specializing in auctions and gallery promotions, mostly events outside the US, either domestic clients whose art is brokered within the EU or less often EU clients whose output is privately brokered inside the US, and also as the need arises I do pre and post employment screenings for another employer I've been with for most of my life, manage several LLCs within my family (rental properties and construction and restoration businesses), and raise three children, albeit less and less as they get older. (Sorry, sad second, there.)

It's not as glam as it sounds. Mostly I'm an intern-herder.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2018, 01:04:59 PM by ER » Logged

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2018, 01:34:45 PM »

I work at a US branch of a Berlin-based closed-client art broker, specializing in auctions and gallery promotions, mostly events outside the US, either domestic clients whose art is brokered within the EU or less often EU clients whose output is privately brokered inside the US, and also as the need arises I do pre and post employment screenings for another employer I've been with for most of my life, manage several LLCs within my family (rental properties and construction and restoration businesses), and raise three children, albeit less and less as they get older. (Sorry, sad second, there.)

It's not as glam as it sounds. Mostly I'm an intern-herder.

Get a cattle prod. Any of them get lost, you can gently zap them back into place.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2018, 03:09:22 PM »

Retiree and living off of my pension from the city.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2018, 04:53:55 PM »

I had to do community service once as part of some stupid s**t I did when I was drunk, and it was going around all the stones in the graveyard with a weed wacker. I enjoyed it. I knew lots of the last names.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
dean

« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2018, 05:17:59 PM »

High School Teacher, media and english. We watch a lot of movies and make things. It's pretty fun though you do get some wild characters. One of my student groups recently made a mockumentary on flat earthers which was hilarious.

Also one of my kids remixed a trailer for the Wizard of Oz which I thought was pretty darn professional for a 15 year old. Put it on the blu ray release!

http://drive.google.com/file/d/1aY7dlxrmrD5tX2FISFQtDgV7Zi2rYP0T/view?usp=sharing

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #23 on: November 20, 2018, 01:22:54 AM »

Trevor- your like -I dunno! But I know your real job and envy you!  Cheers

TeddyR TeddyR

For those that don't, I'm a film archivist of 29 years standing, sitting down, tottering and falling over.  Wink

Next year: 30 years in the same job! Wow.

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #24 on: November 20, 2018, 07:57:12 AM »

Trevor- your like -I dunno! But I know your real job and envy you!  Cheers

TeddyR TeddyR

For those that don't, I'm a film archivist of 29 years standing, sitting down, tottering and falling over.  Wink

Next year: 30 years in the same job! Wow.

I worked at the same job for 30 years, too.
Not so wow.  Bluesad

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #25 on: November 20, 2018, 08:24:02 AM »

I am so looking forward to 'retiring' on the 3rd of July 2023 (ok, I don't actually get to retire, because the pension isn't quite high enough to live on), but at least it does mean I can just get a regular job and not worry about a career any more.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #26 on: November 20, 2018, 08:44:22 AM »

I am so looking forward to 'retiring' on the 3rd of July 2023 (ok, I don't actually get to retire, because the pension isn't quite high enough to live on), but at least it does mean I can just get a regular job and not worry about a career any more.

2032 for me: I will be 65!  Buggedout

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #27 on: November 20, 2018, 10:03:19 AM »

Wont hit the current official retirement age until 2042, although by the time I get there I suspect the retirement age will have been upped to somewhere in your 70's.

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #28 on: November 20, 2018, 10:17:40 AM »

I had to retire at 53 because of my heart surgeries. I'm 56 now. I get $1,198 a month.
I pay the mortgage ($420 a month) and the the electric.
Tiana pays the gas, water, garbage and internet.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2018, 10:21:39 AM by RCMerchant » Logged

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Zapranoth
Eye of Sauron and

« Reply #29 on: November 21, 2018, 02:22:08 PM »

Family physician, in the western USA, in Kaiser Permanente.   I also have a part in setting pharmacy formulary policy, which is interesting and skeptical work.

Other paying jobs I've done:   farm hand, stall cleaner, cafeteria worker, tissue harvester for the eye bank, nurse's aide in a nursing home.
I have never done a job that involved running a cash register.  I have no idea how to run a cash register (other than what I have just observed, while buying stuff).

But I have had a trauma nurse (on a trauma floor at a level 1 trauma center) flee the room as I set about my work.  "I can't do eyes!"  
« Last Edit: November 21, 2018, 02:26:56 PM by Zapranoth » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  What's your job? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.