Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:45:03 AM
713350 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  Mst3k the gauntlet. « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Mst3k the gauntlet.  (Read 4106 times)
Svengoolie 3
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: November 24, 2018, 01:36:48 AM »

I finally got thru it.  How many of you can say he same?

I would ask what the worst movie in itwas,  but,  honestly,  is there any point?  Even peolle who still believe trump is not the worst thing to happen to america know that "Mac and me" was the most horrible part of the gauntlet.  My god even that asylum bomb "Atlantic rim" was more bearable that that saccharin slop of cutest poopness.  I nearly had to gnaw a leg off to survive that one,  fortunately i'd seen it was on the gauntlet list and so kidnapped and bound one of my neighbors so I could gnaw his off as a distraction from the horrific agony of watching that movie. Poor Kinga could have stopped the show right then she had a movie that could bring the world to it's  knees as it vomited from the sickening sweetness.  The mighty morphin' power rangers movie would have hurt less.

The best was saved for last as at least 80's hair bad movie "ator the fighting eagle" had a mind numbing set of bare thighs in it to help straight men and gay women get thru it.  Straight woman and gay men could feast their eyes on the lead's abs for similar relief.

The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2018, 08:58:57 AM »

I'm on episode 3 now. Pretty decent season so far

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
Svengoolie 3
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2018, 11:47:06 AM »

BTW anyone else wonder how many baby girls have been named Kinga since the new series came out?

The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2018, 01:36:37 PM »

I watched "Mac and Me" last night. Not super-impressed, but it was OK, I chuckled a lot (more at the movie than the riffs). Looks like they cut out a host segment, yet it's 10 minutes shorter than a full length episode. I was hoping they'd make a big jump from Season 1 of the reboot to Season 2, but not seeing it with the first episode. Still have my fingers crossed.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2018, 09:48:39 PM »

I like in...Atlantic Rim? I think...they looked at the one pilot and were like "Joel Hodgson was in this?" or something to that effect, and I lol'd.

quabrot
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2018, 10:52:33 AM »

Two episodes in, and I am much happier with the pacing of the riffs than last season.
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2018, 11:12:08 AM »

I tried watching some of the older MST episodes a while back. Am I the only person who watches them and wants everyone to shut up so I can hear the movie?

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
quabrot
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2018, 11:31:16 AM »

I tried watching some of the older MST episodes a while back. Am I the only person who watches them and wants everyone to shut up so I can hear the movie?

You are not alone.  There are a handful of movies that MST introduced me to that I have sought out to watch again without the riffs.  The Russian fantasy movies they had (Day the Earth Froze, Sword and the Dragon) are really fantastic, especially if you can find the original versions.  Mitchell is not a great movie, but if you've watched the MST version you kind of owe it to yourself to find out what happened to John Saxon's character.
Sitting Duck
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2018, 03:16:15 PM »

I'm pacing myself at one a day, so I'll be on Killer Fish later this evening. Maybe 10-15 years ago, I would have been game to watch them all in one sitting. But nowadays I don't have that kind of endurance.

Not sure if it was deliberate, but there's a common theme to the movies selected for The Gauntlet. All of them are attempts to cash in on either the success of a prior film or the publicity of a concurrent film, with varying degrees of brazenness. We're all probably familiar with Mac and Me ripping off E.T. and Atlantic Rim slipping in ahead of Pacific Rim. Lords of the Deep was part of a string of science fiction and horror movies set underwater that got released in 1989. The Day Time Ended can be seen as an incoherent knock-off of Close Encounters of the Third Kind (or as they riffed, Close Encounters of the Turd Kind). Killer Fish is yet another attempt to capture the Jaws magic. And Ator is one of many Conan the Barbarian wannabees of the Eighties.
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2018, 06:26:23 AM »

I would like to see The Final Sacrifice without the peanut gallery but it is funny with the commentary.

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2018, 09:56:44 PM »

I started episode 5, Killer Fish today.

I usually breeze through them, but with such a short season, I've taken my time.  I do enjoy the current cast. 

Also, liked seeing J. Elvis Weinstein make an appearance.  Now if we'd get a 'proper' Joel appearance (not as Ardy "Movie in the hole") or a Mike...to explain how the bots are back up there.

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  Mst3k the gauntlet. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.