Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:35:53 AM
713327 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Movies That Traumatized You « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
Author Topic: Movies That Traumatized You  (Read 24327 times)
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #60 on: December 19, 2018, 01:36:42 PM »

Month python and the meaning of life nearly sent me into shock when I saw the "every sperm is sacred" skit...

How odd, I just watched that again last night. Not the scene I'd think would traumatize you.
Probably a mistake engaging that person on that subject. 

Maybe not, for reasons I'm not aware of. But the only people I'd imagine would "Every Sperm Is Sacred" traumatizing are very devout Catholics with no sense of humor.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #61 on: December 20, 2018, 05:37:16 AM »

I forgot about The Hitcher (1986) and the original The Haunting (1963).

Both of these rattled me and the remakes of both made me want to puke.

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Svengoolie 3
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #62 on: December 20, 2018, 05:56:04 AM »

Month python and the meaning of life nearly sent me into shock when I saw the "every sperm is sacred" skit...

How odd, I just watched that again last night. Not the scene I'd think would traumatize you.

For the record,  I just could not believe they were  singing it and had children singing along too.

I happen to agree with slamming the catholic church on the issue of opposing contraception as overpopulation causes starvation and misery on vast scales.  I was just shocked the first time I saw it as I coudn't believe what I was seeing and hearing.  Especially  having young children singing it.  That was the shocking part.

The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #63 on: December 20, 2018, 08:34:32 AM »

For the record,  I just could not believe they were  singing it and had children singing along too.

I happen to agree with slamming the catholic church on the issue of opposing contraception as overpopulation causes starvation and misery on vast scales.  I was just shocked the first time I saw it as I coudn't believe what I was seeing and hearing.  Especially  having young children singing it.  That was the shocking part.

OK, I see. For the record, some of the dialogue was dubbed in later: i.e. Palin said "rubber thing on the end of my sock" to the kids and then they dubbed it over with "cock." Also the kid's solo is dubbed. But I bet they really did sing the chorus.

I find real kids acting in sexual situations disturbing. If you do too avoid SWEET SWEETBACK, SWEET MOVIE and TIDELAND.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Pacman000
« Reply #64 on: December 20, 2018, 12:26:08 PM »

The Little Shop of Horrors remake left me afraid of plants for awhile.
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #65 on: December 20, 2018, 01:09:40 PM »

Now I think about it, it wasn't only Dumbo, darn near every Disney "classic" traumatized me.

Dumbo is just a fugging cruel film.

Bambi....well.

The Lion King showed that killing off a dad could hit hard too.

Snow White peed in my wheaties because I liked the wicked stepmother and Walt, naturally, did her in.

Cinderella seemed cruel beyond its ending's powers to redeem.

101 Dalmatians had more offscreen animal death than a season of Kentucky Afield.

Sleeping Beauty, an otherwise perfect motion picture, had dragon abuse.

Tarzan....Just OMG. (Plus Rosie O'Donnell...Ros-ie-O'-Don-nell!)

Now Lady and the Tramp, it was safe, I love Lady and the Tramp which even includes   PSAs about car-dog safety and the hazards of not spaying and neutering.

Beauty and the Beast left me wondering if Chip got cracked because of some sort of child beating episode.

The Little Mermaid mangled my innocence BAD since it came out when I was in fifth grade but the school administrators put me in an advanced reading class with eighth-graders and I had to hear all the boys talking about how they went home and wanked to Ariel. I didn't even know what wanking was til I was so naive as to come out and ask, which I never lived down.

Fantasia (dying dinosaurs!), Fantasia 2000 (flying whales....whales-don't-fly!) The Emperor's New Groove (royalty abuse!), The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (I mean, really, Walt?)

But a Disney scene that utterly traumatized me was in Mulan when Eddie Murphy as the dragon MuShu compared the smell of stinky feet to corn chips, which put me off nachos for about a year.

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
Svengoolie 3

« Reply #66 on: December 20, 2018, 04:33:31 PM »

OK, I see. For the record, some of the dialogue was dubbed in later: i.e. Palin said "rubber thing on the end of my sock" to the kids and then they dubbed it over with "cock." Also the kid's solo is dubbed. But I bet they really did sing the chorus.

I find real kids acting in sexual situations disturbing. If you do too avoid SWEET SWEETBACK, SWEET MOVIE and TIDELAND.

Ok,  that helps a little,  thanks.

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #67 on: December 20, 2018, 05:12:24 PM »

The TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE scared the s**t out of me!
Because I live in the boonies with interbred folks like this (well, not quite like this) - I went to school with them.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Svengoolie 3

« Reply #68 on: December 21, 2018, 09:10:19 PM »

"A view to a kill". Roger Moore. Naked. In bed.  With........ Grace Jones. Buggedout Buggedout Buggedout

Svengoolie 3

« Reply #69 on: December 28, 2018, 06:00:23 PM »

"On the beach". Yeah, when I was a kid seeing it traumatized me. I had a nightmare about radiation coming to kill me and everyone i knew. As a kid I imagined radiation looking like a giant oscilloscope trace from the ground to the sky. I was a kid, ok?

zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #70 on: December 30, 2018, 07:04:40 AM »

damn...the episode 'The Two Faces Of Evil' from that Hammer House Of Horror is properly disturbing. similar vibe to those old kids safety things they used to show which always shook me up

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #71 on: December 30, 2018, 08:31:58 PM »

I saw some "birth of a baby" s**t on PBS Ch.34 in the 70's when I was a teenager.
AHHH!  Buggedout

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #72 on: December 31, 2018, 03:02:14 PM »

Whether the live action versions will ever be more traumatizing than the animated versions, only time will tell.

We have already had a live action version of Beauty and the Beast, in 2017, which did well at the box office, which is probably why we will see more of these animated films turned into live action.

2014 saw a live action version of Sleeping Beauty called . . .
--Maleficent

2018 Though not from Disney, saw a live action version of . . .
The Little Mermaid

2019 will see live action versions of . . .
--Dumbo
--The Lion king

And 2020 will see a sequel to Maleficent called . . . and a live action version of . . .
--Maleficent II
--Mulan

And that does not include a live action version of Aladdin in 2019.

And we will see what we will see.

FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #73 on: December 31, 2018, 03:44:37 PM »

When I first saw Motel Hell many years ago I was a pre-teen who was fairly new to horror movies, and it freaked me right the f*** out.

I re-visited it many years later and was surprised at how comedic and goofy it actually was. All I remembered was the horrific stuff (pigs' heads, the chainsaw duel, the people buried up to their necks in the garden, etc.) - the black humor of it all went completely over my head when I was a kid..

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #74 on: December 31, 2018, 03:51:07 PM »

When I first saw Motel Hell many years ago I was a pre-teen who was fairly new to horror movies, and it freaked me right the f*** out.

I re-visited it many years later and was surprised at how comedic and goofy it actually was. All I remembered was the horrific stuff (pigs' heads, the chainsaw duel, the people buried up to their necks in the garden, etc.) - the black humor of it all went completely over my head when I was a kid..

Now there was a film that took me decades to track down a copy of.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Movies That Traumatized You « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.