Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 11:15:32 AM
714234 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Weird News Stories  |  Florida Man - the Death Metal Edition « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Florida Man - the Death Metal Edition  (Read 2354 times)
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: December 11, 2018, 11:21:21 AM »

The latest "Florida Man" story has a (small time) celebrity element to it, since it involves a member of the long-running death metal band Cannibal Corpse.

According to the Tampa, Florida television station WFTS-TV, CANNIBAL CORPSE guitarist Patrick "Pat" O'Brien has been arrested for breaking into a home and then running toward a deputy with a knife.

The 53-year-old musician reportedly went in the Northdale house just before 7:00 p.m. on Monday (December 10) and ignored orders from the two people inside the home to leave. O'Brien didn't know anyone at the home and didn't have permission to be there, an arrest report states. A sheriff's office supervisor says O'Brien pushed a woman down and then went into the backyard.

Deputies responding to the burglary found O'Brien hiding behind a fence near the house, which was less than half a mile from his own home. They say O'Brien "ran towards" one of the deputies "with a knife in his right hand." Deputies then took O'Brien down by using an electronic control device and arrested him.

O'Brien is charged with burglary of an occupied dwelling with assault and aggravated assault on a law enforcement officer. He was being held Tuesday without bail, records show.

Just as O'Brien was arrested, a massive fire broke out at his home with exploding ammunition inside. Hillsborough County firefighters were able to get the fire under control after about an hour but struggled due to the ammunition inside exploding due to the flames. Crews remained at the scene throughout the night and kept the road blocked long off after the fire was put out.

Officials say there were military-style flamethrowers inside the home, making the fire much harder to battle for firefighters.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/cannibal-corpse-guitarist-arrested-for-burglary-as-ammo-explodes-inside-his-burning-tampa-home/

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2018, 12:09:45 PM »

For a short period I worked as a roadie for Cannibal Corpse.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2018, 01:14:57 PM »

For a short period I worked as a roadie for Cannibal Corpse.

For real? Cool! Did you know this dude?

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2018, 01:41:56 PM »

I was a long time ago (circa '93ish), but I am pretty sure he wasn't in the band back then.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2018, 11:46:03 AM »

sounds like he's doin good
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2018, 08:45:47 AM »

Cannibal Corpse guy is apparently out on bail now. No statement from the band about any of the events, or whether the guy will be in the lineup when they go on tour with Slayer early next year.

Weirdness all around. (shrugs)

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2018, 10:38:39 AM »

What happened to rock muscians? When I was a kid something like this was more or less a day in the life. Hell Vince Neil killed someone while drunk driving and got away* with it.

*15 days in jail, $2.6 million fine and 200 hours community service. Doesn't seem to equal the cost of a human life to me.

Svengoolie 3

« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2018, 05:17:15 AM »

He wa inside someone's home with a knife, and refused to leave. He's lucky it wasn't my house, he'd be a corpse. He has nothing to whine about..

The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Weird News Stories  |  Florida Man - the Death Metal Edition « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.