Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 04:55:43 AM
713389 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  Godzilla: King of the Monsters toys show new designs « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Godzilla: King of the Monsters toys show new designs  (Read 2194 times)
WingedSerpent
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I AM THE BAD PHOTOSHOP EFFECT!

« on: December 07, 2018, 08:01:40 PM »

The Tokyo comic con has come and gone and the big news for kaiju fans like myself is that this is the first looks into the Legendary Godzilla film Godzilla: King of the Monster

While these are toys, the are based on the new designs for Godzilla, Rodan, Mothra, and King Ghidorah.  And ...I like them.  If I had to sum them up in a single word-I'd use refinement.  Rodan is recognizable as Rodan, Ghidorah is Ghidoarh.  There is one major redesign, but we'll get to that.

First up the new Godzilla. 

A somewhat steamlined update of his Legendary design.  Pronouced skuts and scales, as well as his legs and feet being a bit mre defined.  I like it. Looks a bit more classic Toho in its look.

Next is Rodan

He has more naturalistic proportions this time around.  More like an actual animal rather than a man in a suit.  Very similar to Fire Rodan from GvMG (92).  If you look closely, it appears he actually has lava still on his skin.  Maybe for this movie, he's getting some new powers.  The director has said he's a real fan of Rodan.

Thirdly is King Ghidorah

And I think this might be may favorite new  design as it really feels like a worthy updated look for one of the most powerful monsters in the Toho movie universe.  Again, a more realistic body then what a man in a suit would allow.  Wings more like a bat, rather than the fins he had before.  Even the necks look a bit long than past suits.  This looks like a King Ghidarah than can get more physical in a fight rather than just using his gravity beams and letting its heads bob around.

Finally, there's the kaiju that has undergone the most drastic redesign: Mothra

And right now, this is the design I'm still a little iffy about.  I like the new color for her wings.  The eye spots really grab your attention.  Its when you look at her central body that things begin to fall a part for me.  It almost looks like she only has 4 legs hen a true insect would have 6.  It does appear she has the correct number if you look close enough. (One pair is just much smaller then the other two).  From the toy, she almost looks like a rabbit with wings.  OR her species is related to the M.U.T.O from the first movie. 

I'm thinking my opinion might change once we see more footage and actually she was she looks like in the actual movie.

I'm getting more excited for this movie.

At least, that's what Gary Busey told me...
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  Godzilla: King of the Monsters toys show new designs « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.