Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:22:09 AM
713348 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  What is your house/apartment/dwelling like? Outside/Inside? « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What is your house/apartment/dwelling like? Outside/Inside?  (Read 1909 times)
retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« on: December 24, 2018, 06:42:36 PM »

Hey folks.  This may seem like a weird topic but I was just curious what you folks' homes look like, and what your personal touch in decoration for your domain is like.  I'll tell you mine:

My house is from about 1957 but looks pretty modern on the inside.  It's colored light blue with brick on the front, about 1300 sq ft.  Small front yard, bigger side yard, shed with mowers.  My back yard is all deck and my neighbors I never really see which is fine by me.  White fence surrounding my side yard, a hot tub in the back at the end of the deck surrounded by lava rock and stepping stones. 

Inside my living room has 3 arcade machines (Dig Dug, Phoenix, NEO GEO with 18 games), a 60 inch tv I have my computer hooked up to, a fireplace and 2 soft recliner couches (caked with dog drool, ick) and my own easy chair.  3 bedrooms (one for storage) and 1 1/2 bathrooms.  The garage has a workbench and several shelves to put extra stuff, and there's a loft my dad and I built as a spare artroom/bedroom with a tv/computer (not much clearance so watch your head).

What's YOUR setup, folks?  And BTW, Happy Holidays!

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2018, 07:12:52 PM »

My house is an old two story Texas ranch housel built in the 1880's and moved to its current location by my father-in-law back in 1978.  It has a kitchen, dining room, bedroom, bath, and extra bedroom which is my relic room/mancave downstairs, and two bedrooms and two half baths upstairs with a shared shower room that doesn't work any more, and a central alcove that is supposed to be my home library but has become a bit of a catch-all for my various junk.  it's cluttered and eclectic and usually not very clean because my wife and I are too busy to be good housekeepers and my daughters, who both still live at home to help us care for my 90 year old mother in law are both (and I say this will all possible love in my heart) slobs.  Seriously, they can't even manage to carry a dish to a sink!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2018, 07:40:52 PM »

A strangely depressing question for me at a time like this, but I'll try to come up with a answer eventually...

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2018, 07:59:54 PM »

Small house built in 1940. Michigan dirt basement. Huge yard. Lotsa trees. Shed out back, tire swing and chair swing. Car port built in the 70's. Most of the the furniture is mine-which means it's at least from the 1950's. Lotsa it older than that.
A large bookshelf. Some old radios from the 1930's and 40's.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2018, 08:08:15 PM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2018, 02:49:22 AM »

A two story, three bedroom house built in the 90's. It has three bathrooms so I guess we all have one each. My man cave is what would normally be the master bedroom and has an en-suite. Most rooms in the house have bookshelf's in them (including the toilets). Our furniture tends to be made from dark wood (and if it isn't I'll normally stain it a darker colour). We have a garage which is used for storage. We have a couple of weeks worth of food kept out there, my DVD cases (I put the DVDs in binders since otherwise my collection it too ig to live indoors), my old Warhammer stuff and whatnot.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2018, 07:36:14 AM »

This is how my house looked before we bought it about 14 years ago. It doesn't look much different now, except we had gutters installed and painted the front door brown to match the shutters.

Inside, it has very mainstream decor. Nothing that gives it any character.

My favorite room is the family room. It has a bar, a sofa, a 3-D TV, surround system, and bookcases along the walls for DVD/blu-ray storage.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2018, 10:25:19 AM »

My house was majorly renovated throughout the years. First part of the house was built in the 1870's with river barge wood we think. It was extended back in 1902, then extended back and up in the 1970's.

yeah no.
316zombie
« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2018, 08:00:52 PM »

well, we've been in our new apartment one month as of yesterday. we downsized from 890 square feet to 525 , and we still ended up having all the stuff that is IMPORTANT to us here. the living room has 4 shelf units that hold close to 1000 cds, and close to 1000 dvds when you include the shelf unit that's in the miniature hallway. and some of my books too. and our chairs, the coffee table, the chaise, the coat tree, the tv/stand,the compuetr desk, and curtis's 45 year old speakers.
  the bedroom is next to that, it holds our kingsize bed and 2 shelf units filled with books,and our bedside tables. there's a large closet that holds my dresser,our cassette tapes, my hats, some musical equipment and shoes/slippers/boots.
   in the mini hallway( it leads to the bedroom on the left, the kitchen on the right and into the bathroom which is bigger than our old bathroom!) there are builtins, as this 4plex was built in the early 40's, so there's a mop closet and a 3 shelf 3 drawer linen closet thingy that holds towels, sheets, blankets, curtis's clothes and our BFF's bedding for the nights he stays here.
   the kitchen is at the back with the doorway from the hall and an oversized doorway from the living room. it's galley style with a dining area that holds my stand up freezer , the microwave/cart and my white cupboard that is 6&1/2 feet tall and 2 feet wide, about a foot and a half deep. the kitchen area has a glass top stove, a good sized fridge, the sink with about 3x2 feet of counter on each side of the sink, and cupboards above and below the counters, and a cupboard above the stove too. for the first time in my life, i can actually reach ALL of my dishes and cookware without help, an astounding and wonderful thing for me!
   then there's a huge basement where i'm keeping my other books,my tools. my garden stuff, suitcases, stuff like that. and my BFF can park his bike down there safely, i no longer have to deal with it being parked in the house, lol!
   no garage or laundry room anymore, but it's worth the sacrifice of those things to be here. the lack of worry and stress is amazing!
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  What is your house/apartment/dwelling like? Outside/Inside? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.