Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 08:22:36 AM
713398 Posts in 53059 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Bad Nollywood Movies « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Bad Nollywood Movies  (Read 4549 times)
dcj2112
Bad Movie Lover

« on: January 01, 2019, 05:55:08 PM »

Anyone watch any Nollywood movies? Any bad ones?

Nigeria doesn’t seem to be the most progressive country when it comes to LGBT issues. One I saw clips of was about three lesbians and in the end they get sent to Hell, I think just for being lesbians :( They also have a sex scene that goes on for way too long and just has the three girls doing things underneath a blanket so all you see is a blanket and then little movements of limbs poking out of it. No idea what the movie was as it was just playing in the background on a TV at work.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2019, 06:05:34 PM »

I've never seen one, but I'd like to.

A few years ago the bats**t-insane trailer for a Nollywood flick called "Stolen Bible" became a viral sensation, but the rights-holders yanked it off YouTube because they apparently didn't like the idea of people making fun of their "serious" movie.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2019, 12:28:22 PM »

the morality there is a weird mix of born again Christian and indigenous voodoo type stuff
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2019, 12:59:08 PM »

I'm drawn to Nigeria and plan on visiting one day. I think it goes back to Cardinal Francis Arinze visiting my high school and telling us about his country.

I did not know the term Nollywood, how about that,  BounceGiggle but I have seen a couple Nigerian films. The best was Timeout, about a college student trying to rob a drug gang to pay the ransom for his kidnapped brother, who without the ransom will be killed in 120 minutes, and it's shot in real time.

I've also seen some Nigerian TV, which is second only to Japan in bizarre game shows.

In some ways Nigeria reminds me it's at the point India was a generation or two ago, not quite grown into itself. The volume of development right now in Lagos is going to make it western African's dominant megalopolis and I think that's going to propel the country forward socially and economically real fast, and make Nigeria a threat to some industries Brazil thinks it has a lock on right now.

Ever listened to Nigerian rap? lol

PS I don't know how gays are treated in Nigeria, but I don't think they're well-treated across most of the world, to be brutally honest. It's legal to fire gays in Russia and evict them from housing. In much of the Islamic world Mohammad's death penalty against homosexuality is enforced. My cousin who lived in Argentina for several years says gays there faced ridicule and hazing as a way of life, and that Argentina is extremely "macho" with men seeing putting down gays as a cool thing to do. I met a Shawnee Indian a few years ago who said homosexuals were banished among his people, and he was also a Mormon and he said, at least at that time, the LDS church excommunicated gays. (I assume he was right.) So it wouldn't surprise me if gays were mistreated in Nigeria.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2019, 01:04:39 PM by ER » Logged

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2019, 01:22:34 PM »

I think (and I'll check with Kristi when she finishes packing and comes back down) that you can be gay in the Mormon church, as long as you aren't having sex. I could be wrong though.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2019, 01:40:27 PM »

She said I was right and they'd be defellowshipped if they were having sex rather than excommunicated (not sure on the differences there).

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2019, 03:18:42 PM »

So to simplify it, the LDS rule in effect is, no homosexual pursuits.

Otherwise that brings up the question of whether a homosexual is a distinct type of person, or a person who pursues a distinct type of sex.

If a straight person was indulging in homosexual acts, how would that person be characterized under those rules?

Gore Vidal, after all, said there are no homosexual people, only homosexual acts.

If then someone is abstaining from homosexual intercourse, on what basis is that person by definition a homosexual? By their desires? If someone is attracted to his own gender but has never has a sexual encounter of that sort, is that person still a homosexual by default?

What if 51% of the sex someone has had is heterosexual but that person is a walking gay stereotype. Gay or not gay?

Okay, okay, I'll quit.   Wink

Actually I think the LDS asks all its members to abstain from sex outside of marriage, doesn't it? They're doing something right since Mormons I know are the happiest, friendliest, nicest people I've ever met. Truly.

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2019, 03:47:15 PM »

You should message Kristi on all that. The only bit I can answer is that yes, they are against sex outside marriage.

Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2019, 11:40:48 PM »

Gore Vidal, after all, said there are no homosexual people, only homosexual acts.
Did he?  I had read that he thought male homosexuals are "tops or bottoms".   I think he defined himself as a "top".   Lookingup  GORE VIDAL apparently, though not admittedly (as far as I know) had labels, standards, and definitions which may have been self-serving and dated by an era in which WILLIAM F. BUCKLEY called him "queer" on national television. 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2019, 12:19:10 PM »

someone here had an original stolen bible handpainted vhs box or something
Svengoolie 3
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2019, 03:45:31 AM »

Um, does this thread imply there were any good nollywood movies? Question

The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.
dcj2112
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2019, 06:50:02 AM »

Um, does this thread imply there were any good nollywood movies? Question

Some Nigerian people think so and I didn't want to be culturally insensitive. Most are not my cup of tea, but some of the comedies have their moments.
316zombie
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2019, 07:02:35 PM »

i imagine the same can be said for bollywood movies, which i love, for the most part. the older ones, i mean.
dcj2112
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2021, 10:25:49 AM »

Pardon the thread bump, but I remember someone asking in this thread where to find these movies. The channel Aforevo on YouTube has a TON of these. Often they take statements and put them in all capitals for the title of the movie on YouTube. For example on YouTube the movie Eyes of the Witches is called: THE WITCH CAME TO KILL STEAL AND DESTROY OUR LITTLE BABY BUT WE OVERCAME BY THE POWER IN JESUS NAME
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2021, 12:56:24 PM »

I think the Nollywood movies got their start when they were exposed to the so-called 'subsidy scandal' films made in South Africa during the 1980s: made by peeps who didn't know which end of the camera to look through.

Speaking as an African, these "movies" made in Nigeria are an embarrassment to anyone who loves movies.  TongueOut

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Bad Nollywood Movies « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.