Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:17:58 AM
713335 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Bible Verse of the Day « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 14
Author Topic: Bible Verse of the Day  (Read 42848 times)
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #45 on: January 10, 2019, 09:01:06 PM »

Exodus 20:5  You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on their children to the third and fourth generations of those who hate Me.
Good thing you're going to die childless then, Sven.
it's terrible that you managed to pollute the genepool with your DNA.
Ah...this thread reminds me of why I love religion. It brings folks together .  Drink
LOL...  BounceGiggle BounceGiggle BounceGiggle 

Mean cat.  Smelly dog.   BounceGiggle
« Last Edit: January 10, 2019, 09:06:52 PM by Allhallowsday » Logged

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #46 on: January 10, 2019, 09:04:01 PM »

If you've noticed, only one person initiated the pollution of this thread.
I don't know. It takes 2 to tango.
Sven should just stop. I'm an atheist-but I don't have any hang-ups with folks who want to believe in whatever they want to.
On the other hand- ER should be a Christian and "Turn the other cheek" and not edge him on-just for the sake of arguement.
It goes both ways.

But what do I know? I don't believe in anything!
All them words are GOOD.  I'd buy that for a dollar!  All kidding aside, does anybody see why I love this RC

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #47 on: January 10, 2019, 09:14:53 PM »

Here's one of my favorites-!

"For whatsoever man he be that hath a blemish, he shall not approach: a blind man, or a lame, or he that hath a flat nose, or any thing superfluous, Or a man that is brokenfooted, or brokenhanded, Or crookbackt, or a dwarf, or that hath a blemish in his eye, or be scurvy, or scabbed, or hath his stones broken. No man that hath a blemish of the seed of Aaron the priest shall come nigh to offer the offerings of the Lord made by fire: he hath a blemish; he shall not come nigh to offer the bread of his God." (Leviticus 21:18-21)
What is "Hath his stones broken." Does that mean your balls don't work?  Question

I wouldn't want them scurvy moherf**ker's around me either!

« Last Edit: January 10, 2019, 09:19:06 PM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #48 on: January 10, 2019, 09:49:18 PM »

Ecclesiastes 3: 1-8 (Gee, this'd make a good song.)

1 To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:

2 A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted;

3 A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up;

4 A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance;

5 A time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing;

6 A time to get, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away;

7 A time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;

8 A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace.

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
Svengoolie 3
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #49 on: January 11, 2019, 02:41:17 AM »

The book of Deuteronomy: 1No man with crushed or severed genitals may enter the assembly of the LORD. 2No one of illegitimate birth may enter the assembly of the LORD, nor may any of his descendants, even to the tenth generation. 3No Ammonite or Moabite or any of their descendants may enter the assembly of the LORD, even to the tenth generation.…

The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #50 on: January 11, 2019, 07:27:39 AM »

The book of Deuteronomy: 1No man with crushed or severed genitals may enter the assembly of the LORD. 2No one of illegitimate birth may enter the assembly of the LORD, nor may any of his descendants, even to the tenth generation. 3No Ammonite or Moabite or any of their descendants may enter the assembly of the LORD, even to the tenth generation.…

So it Is about f**ked up balls!  Buggedout

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #51 on: January 11, 2019, 07:48:00 AM »

Ecclesiastes 3: 1-8 (Gee, this'd make a good song.)

1 To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:

2 A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted;

3 A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up;

4 A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance;

5 A time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing;

6 A time to get, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away;

7 A time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;

8 A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace.

And from the time I was only six years old
I never forgot what I was told
It was the best advice that I ever had
It came from my wise dear old dad
He said "sit down punk I wanna talk to you
And don't say a word until I'm through
Now there's a time to laugh a time to cry
A time to live and a time to die
A time to break and a time to chill
To act civilized or act real ill
But whatever ya do in your lifetime
Ya never let a MC steal your rhyme"

the Sugar Hill Gang-Rappers Delight, 1979.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2019, 07:50:16 AM by RCMerchant » Logged

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #52 on: January 11, 2019, 10:53:38 AM »

After spending the last year telling us how much you hate, well, almost everything, it's nice to see you taking up for someone, Sven, so here's to your new cause, religious equality for eunuchs, and members of the extinct Ammonite and Moabite tribes!  Cheers

Svengoolie 3
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #53 on: January 11, 2019, 02:18:46 PM »

I just like to expose the other side of religion. Sure we have all the nicey nicey quotes,  but we also have stuff like someone can lead a good life and dies then gets told,  "sorry,  your great to the ninth grandfather was illegitimate ,  so you  have to burn in hell forever.  Buhbye! "

Or the fact people  wearing to fabrics should be stoned to death,  or farmers growing two different crops should be stoned to death, or a woman who is not a virgin on her wedding night should be stoned to death ,  etc.

The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.
Pacman000
« Reply #54 on: January 11, 2019, 03:06:29 PM »

Keep in mind this is a culture from over 2000 years ago. They had different needs; they valued different things, so their moral structure would be different from ours today.

Also, keep in mind that Christians generally believe Christ's sacrifice completed the Mosaic law, rendering it obsolete, so they don't have to follow it: https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Acts+15&version=NIV

You'll do better if you try to think of why someone might've seen the laws as just. Ask yourself questions like "What was it like 2000+ years ago?"  Or "What did people have to do to survive?" Only then can you correctly determine if the laws were right for the time, and, indeed if they still should apply, when they should apply & in what manner. Otherwise, you're being ethnocentric.
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #55 on: January 11, 2019, 03:37:33 PM »

I just like to expose the other side of religion. Sure we have all the nicey nicey quotes,  but we also have stuff like someone can lead a good life and dies then gets told,  "sorry,  your great to the ninth grandfather was illegitimate ,  so you  have to burn in hell forever.  Buhbye! "

Or the fact people  wearing to fabrics should be stoned to death,  or farmers growing two different crops should be stoned to death, or a woman who is not a virgin on her wedding night should be stoned to death ,  etc.

I heartily join you in being glad the last part is no longer enforced.

Think about it, though, all that s**t proves is God is such a hardass you want Jesus on your side to take the blame for the things that would otherwise get you chucked into eternal halefur and brimstone. Pretty sweet deal if you think about it, someone else getting jammed up so you don't have to? That's why I love Jesus, he is such a swell dude. I'm gonna give the man a hug someday, and if he's still a virgin, hit on him, because 2,000 years of nothing is just sad.

As for the rest, when my screen goes black:

If the Jews are right, I'll just be dead.

If science is right, I'll just be dead.

If science fiction is right, I'll take posession of an AI system someday and crash a spaceship into Pluto for kicks.

If Buddhism is right, I'll come back. Possibly in eastern Africa during a war.

If Hinduism is right I'll come back as a sacred cow, since I surely paid off a buttload of karma by enduring thirteen years of Catholic school.

If Islam is right....well, I'm fukk'd.

If Mormons are right, it may be I'll reside with a god above our own planet somewhere, because my bud Mandy is just itching to outlive me so she can proxy baptize me.

If Scientology is right, we're all doomed.

If Norse paganism is right, I could possibly get to serve mead in Valhalla, though if I wanted to be a barmaid, I could already have been one.

If Zoroastrianism is right all I have to do is walk across a razor above a pit of lava and I'm good.

If the ancient Egyptians are right, I read their book of the dead and know how to outrun crocodiles past the reeds to reach the place where your soul gets weighed against a feather, and there I may into trouble since my soul has a few, ahem, heavy parts.

If Catholicism is right, I could come out all OK eventually, but I'll be in Purgatory til Siberia turns tropical. On the flip side, I'll know almost everybody there. ("Hi, Bri, still in Purgatory, eh?" "Yeah, Evelyn, thanks to you.")

But if evangelical Christianity is right, I am soooooooo set. I mean I am in the money.

In short, I like the odds of things getting better when the day comes I get shot in the head.

You, Sven, you could be right, faith and all religions could all be so much background noise arising from people wanting comfort, even false comfort, but as they used to tell us in survival school: "Don't just have a Plan B, have a Plan Z."

Don't dwell on the bad impressions false Christians may have made on you and don't cherrypick the negative parts of scripture, find the beautiful parts and truly consider how you and you alone in your heart of hearts feel and what you want, because in the end you're the one all this affects, and it surely must get lonely, frustrating, at times saddening to stand against what almost all people who have ever lived have believed in. By that I mean some form of supernatural reality beyond the senses, a realm where something higher than us dwells, something that influences our lives and stands to reward or punish us in this existence or the next. Are so many others wrong and you're right? What about the wisdom of the crowd?

Make it be about you, man, not about how others have conducted themselves because people can and often do let others down. Hypocrites do a lot of damage out there but there's a lot of good in the Bible and I imagine there's a lot of good in you. Try reaching outward toward God and see what happens. You could be surprised. I know I was.

And if not, what have you really lost, y'know?

(Can you guys tell I had caffeine today?)

Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #56 on: January 11, 2019, 04:19:22 PM »

No, can't tell... you're always long winded.   Thumbup Smile

ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #57 on: January 11, 2019, 04:46:34 PM »

But not usually so energetic in my niceness.
Really, y'ever been checked for autism?

Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #58 on: January 11, 2019, 05:04:40 PM »

But not usually so energetic in my niceness.
Really, y'ever been checked for autism?

Thumbdown Wink

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #59 on: January 11, 2019, 07:43:34 PM »

Religion!  Smile
Breakfast of Champions!  Cheers

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 14
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Bible Verse of the Day « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.