Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:08:58 PM
713365 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Bible Verse of the Day « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 14
Author Topic: Bible Verse of the Day  (Read 42860 times)
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #120 on: January 19, 2019, 10:16:16 AM »

Proverbs 31:6 “Let beer be for those who are perishing, wine for those who are in anguish.”

The ancient Hebrews were very, very hip.

That was my Bible verse of the say on Jan. 10. Thou shalt not covet thy neighbors quote!

Small | Large

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #121 on: January 19, 2019, 10:29:53 AM »

its not really a verse but I was really baffled when I first read Revelation when it said "and it was quiet in heaven for about half a hour". it was right after they opened the 7th seal and before all the insanity started. just a strange, casual description
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #122 on: January 19, 2019, 10:49:12 AM »

Proverbs 31:6 “Let beer be for those who are perishing, wine for those who are in anguish.”

That was my Bible verse of the say on Jan. 10. Thou shalt not covet thy neighbors quote!

http://youtu.be/x2WK_eWihdU

Welllll, ja, but you were using the praise wine part, and I was giving beer its due. Besides, you're very quotable.

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
Svengoolie 3
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #123 on: January 19, 2019, 11:06:19 AM »

Deuteronomy 20

16 However, in the cities of the nations the LORD your God is giving you as an inheritance, do not leave alive anything that breathes. 17 Completely destroy  them—the Hittites, Amorites, Canaanites, Perizzites, Hivites and Jebusites—as the LORD your God has commanded you.

The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.
Pacman000
« Reply #124 on: January 19, 2019, 11:18:39 AM »

(Haven't read the last page.)

The Narrow Gate: https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew+7%3A13-14&version=NKJV

That sounds like a good title for a B-Movie.
BoyScoutKevin
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #125 on: January 19, 2019, 12:41:55 PM »

I don't know how ER feels about this, but--apparently--like minds think alike.

"Vanity of vanities," sayeth the Preacher. "Vanity of vanities. All is vanity."
Ecclesiaties 1:2

Next time: Matthew
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #126 on: January 20, 2019, 01:05:52 AM »

http://youtu.be/x2WK_eWihdU

Welllll, ja, but you were using the praise wine part, and I was giving beer its due. Besides, you're very quotable.

Ja? Are you German now? Question
I thought you lived in Ohio?
« Last Edit: January 20, 2019, 01:08:26 AM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #127 on: January 20, 2019, 09:23:54 AM »

"There is no fear in love, for perfect love casts out fear."  - I John 4:15

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #128 on: January 20, 2019, 10:36:25 AM »

Sequel to yesterday's verse of the day...

Small | Large

Note that this verse doesn't exactly appear in the Bible.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Pacman000
« Reply #129 on: January 21, 2019, 10:51:14 AM »

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Luke+10%3A25-37&version=HCSB

The Parable of the Good Samaritan
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #130 on: January 21, 2019, 11:08:02 AM »

Deuteronomy 20

16 However, in the cities of the nations the LORD your God is giving you as an inheritance, do not leave alive anything that breathes. 17 Completely destroy  them—the Hittites, Amorites, Canaanites, Perizzites, Hivites and Jebusites—as the LORD your God has commanded you.

There's nothing wrong with your quoting the Bible, Sven, or even trying to weaponize it by picking out verses you hope will.....achieve whatever exactly you hope to achieve. (Do you even know?) But it does seem odd that you concern yourself so much with something you say you don't believe in.

I don't believe in the Easter Bunny, so I don't have a lot to say about him, but for someone who says there is no God, you spend a lot of time dwelling on the subject. That leads me to conclude you are either confusing hate with disbelief; you are intolerant of others' convictions and seek to change them instead of tolerating the differences between them and you, (just like the Chinese you say you hate do); or you are trying to prod someone to push the magic button and say just the right thing that'll suddenly let you believe and share in the happiness many of the faithful have.

So which is it?

I don't think you've put enough thought into your motives, you just know you feel anger and lash out from there, and for that I feel sorry for you.

As for the verse, well, the United States went to war to eradicate Imperialist Japan and Nazi Germany, and the advice given to service members before shipping out was, "Put some hate in your heart and make German the most common language in Hell."

We fought because we saw our declared enemies as evil, so did you ever pause to think maybe the peoples you cited in the verse were also evil and deserving of having total war waged against them?

You of all people seem to find it easy to say that not everyone is good and some groups need extermination, so I'm surprised you'd be critical of that at all.

Or are you saying religion represents a higher standard of conduct?

I think what made me willing to believe was a close examination of the claim that Jesus returned from the dead. I had to conclude that the likeliest explanation for this story was that Jesus did actually rise from the dead.

Maybe you should start there and really think about that event, and try to disprove it. You may be surprised.

In fact if you disprove it I will quit believing myself.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2019, 11:27:41 AM by ER » Logged

Pacman000
« Reply #131 on: January 22, 2019, 09:14:31 AM »

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?version=HCSB&search=Matthew%207:7-8

Sorry... Small | Large

Sorry... Small | Large
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #132 on: January 22, 2019, 03:29:43 PM »

Peter Disowns Jesus
69 Now Peter was sitting out in the courtyard, and a servant girl came to him. “You also were with Jesus of Galilee,” she said. 70 But he denied it before them all. “I don’t know what you’re talking about,” he said. 71 Then he went out to the gateway, where another servant girl saw him and said to the people there, “This fellow was with Jesus of Nazareth.” 72 He denied it again, with an oath: “I don’t know the man!” 73 After a little while, those standing there went up to Peter and said, “Surely you are one of them; your accent gives you away.” 74 Then he began to call down curses, and he swore to them, “I don’t know the man!” Immediately a rooster crowed. 75 Then Peter remembered the word Jesus had spoken: “Before the rooster crows, you will disown me three times.” And he went outside and wept bitterly.

Pacman000
« Reply #133 on: January 23, 2019, 12:37:57 PM »

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=James+2%3A14-26&version=HCSB

The Faith of a Demon would also be a cool movie title...
Pacman000
« Reply #134 on: January 24, 2019, 12:29:25 PM »

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Romans+6%3A15-21&version=HCSB

Some have said Paul & James contradict each other on Faith & Works, but I don't see it. It's just algebra; if A=B then B must equal A.

James says you must have works to show you have faith; Paul says if you have Faith you'll have works.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 14
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Bible Verse of the Day « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.