Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 02:00:23 PM
714316 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Things you just don't "get." « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 48
Author Topic: Things you just don't "get."  (Read 157451 times)
Svengoolie 3
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #435 on: July 16, 2019, 04:20:11 AM »

Stuff like this :  https://www.essence.com/news/james-alex-fields-jr-state-charges-life-sentence/You

WTF do judges think in these cases? Sentencing someone to life plus 419 years proves how "bad" they are?  Like it makes their wieners 2" bigger to sentence someone to more than life in prison? Do judges have contests to  see who can dish out the most years in prison?

This scumbag already had a federal life sentence without parole and frankly I have little problem with him dieing in prison. One less trump supporter befouling the world.  

But another life without  parole sentence, plus 419 years?

I remember the late, great Richard pryor talking about meeting a guy in prison doing triple life.  He then asks the audeince "How in the xxxx do you do triple life?  Does that mean if he dies and comes back he has to go back to prison? Like a cop walks up to a playing in a sandbox and says 'Hey,  forget kindergarten, get your little @$$ back to the penitentiary!  You know what you did last time you we're here! ' "

Seriously once a guy is doing life without parole in prison it's  time to say enough.  Stop wasting time and money on pointless trials.

Yes yes I know there are legalistic reasons form this sort of xxxx, it just proves how ridiculous ourlegslm system is when a judge thinks he can sentence someone to more than life in prison.

« Last Edit: July 16, 2019, 04:25:49 AM by Svengoolie 3 » Logged

The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #436 on: July 16, 2019, 01:12:44 PM »

Seriously once a guy is doing life without parole in prison it's  time to say enough.  Stop wasting time and money on pointless trials.

Yes yes I know there are legalistic reasons form this sort of xxxx, it just proves how ridiculous ourlegslm system is when a judge thinks he can sentence someone to more than life in prison.

Careful, your perspective could be construed as arch-conservative.  Even those presumed "scumbag" are presumed innocent.  As you yourself point out, a judge may sentence to an obviously overlong sentence in order to ensure life imprisonment.  Laws, and options, very state to state and very often with federal law, particularly with regard to appeals.  To simplify the complex is stupid; a specialty we are now observing in presidential politics. 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Svengoolie 3

« Reply #437 on: July 16, 2019, 01:36:13 PM »

People who make blatantly racist images, comments, etc then complain about being called racist.

Look at the first picture in this list and remember the people who made it complain about being called racist.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=The+farce+engorges

316zombie
« Reply #438 on: July 16, 2019, 02:51:00 PM »

Careful, your perspective could be construed as arch-conservative.  Even those presumed "scumbag" are presumed innocent.  As you yourself point out, a judge may sentence to an obviously overlong sentence in order to ensure life imprisonment.  Laws, and options, very state to state and very often with federal law, particularly with regard to appeals.  To simplify the complex is stupid; a specialty we are now observing in presidential politics. 

not to mention that the victims and their loved ones STILL deserve to see justice done, if only for the sake of closure.
chainsaw midget

« Reply #439 on: July 16, 2019, 03:29:56 PM »

A "life" sentence also does not mean "until you die."  It's a set number of years.  I wish i could give you an exact number, but the law tends to vary there.  Even people doing life sentences are eligible for parole. 

Multiple life sentences are done to issue a person does not get out after such-and-so many years or on parole. 

They're basically stacked so the people can go "Okay, so you've served your sentences and are eligible for parole, but you still have served this other sentence so you still aren't allowed to leave."
Svengoolie 3

« Reply #440 on: July 16, 2019, 04:43:29 PM »

In this case like 40 or more people saw this guy deliberately ram his car into anti fascist protestors, was a member of a fascist group, etc. There never was a question of guilt.

LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #441 on: July 16, 2019, 09:55:28 PM »

Why is it everyone else's pant wear out in the knees, & mine always wear out in the crotch?

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
Svengoolie 3

« Reply #442 on: July 16, 2019, 10:04:40 PM »

Why is it everyone else's pant wear out in the knees, & mine always wear out in the crotch?

Nobly... And.... Virtuously..... Not...... Taking..... Bait.

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #443 on: July 17, 2019, 10:54:51 AM »

How come in PULP FICTION, John Travolta smokes roll -your -own cigs?
If I could afford a pack of Camels,I'd be smoking them instead of the rope I smoke now.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
claws
« Reply #444 on: July 17, 2019, 12:10:11 PM »

I don't get people who like summer heat.

All I do in summer is sweat, taking several showers each day, sweat, shower, drinking 1 gallon of water, sweat, shower, drinking, and no sleep at night because of the heat.
Summer for me = suffering.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #445 on: July 17, 2019, 12:11:15 PM »

All I do in summer is sweat, taking several showers each day, sweat, shower, drinking 1 gallon of water, sweat, shower, drinking, and no sleep at night because of the heat.

I hate f**king summer.  Hatred
Everytime I see a beer commercial with tan and fit Ken and Barbies reaching into a huge bucket of ice and throw some bottle of beer to one another I just want to be sitting on a hill with a Gatlin gun like the Outlaw Josey Wales.

« Last Edit: July 17, 2019, 12:20:48 PM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
claws
« Reply #446 on: July 17, 2019, 12:14:16 PM »

If I could afford a pack of Camels,I'd be smoking them instead of the rope I smoke now.

I think they roll in most Tarantino movies because you know, its cool. They also did in the The Hateful Eight (Red Apple Tabacco).
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #447 on: July 17, 2019, 12:22:10 PM »

I think they roll in most Tarantino movies because you know, its cool. They also did in the The Hateful Eight (Red Apple Tabacco).

No one ever hinted to me it was cool. I roll this s**t all the time. People just think I'm poor! And they would be right!
In the HATEFUL EIGHT I can understand- because it was the Old West- that's what they did.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2019, 12:27:56 PM by RCMerchant » Logged

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
316zombie
« Reply #448 on: July 17, 2019, 01:48:32 PM »

that's why i smoke little cigars, i'm too cheap to buy regular cigs and too lazy for homerolling regular tobacco.
Svengoolie 3

« Reply #449 on: July 17, 2019, 03:14:54 PM »

I hate f**king summer.  Hatred
Everytime I see a beer commercial with tan and fit Ken and Barbies reaching into a huge bucket of ice and throw some bottle of beer to one another I just want to be sitting on a hill with a Gatlin gun like the Outlaw Josey Wales.

I'm with you RCM. Xxxx summer up the xxx with a cactus. And yes,  summers are getting hotter thanks to climate change.

Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 48
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Things you just don't "get." « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.