Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:53:51 AM
713331 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Things you just don't "get." « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 48
Author Topic: Things you just don't "get."  (Read 155400 times)
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2019, 09:22:59 AM »

Trolls. I don't understand the appeal of pretending to believe something obnoxious just to watch people's reactions. Best I can come up with is it's an unsophisticated form of the prank, but some of these people's dedication to the "craft" is probably a mild form of mental illness.

I've always thought that Dr Menard and myself were the best [liked] sort of trolls on this site.  Wink

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2019, 09:41:28 AM »

Trolls. I don't understand the appeal of pretending to believe something obnoxious just to watch people's reactions. Best I can come up with is it's an unsophisticated form of the prank, but some of these people's dedication to the "craft" is probably a mild form of mental illness.

I've always thought that Dr Menard and myself were the best [liked] sort of trolls on this site.  Wink

You and RC are the exact opposite of trolls. Just having poorly-maintained underpants does not make one a troll!

I never really felt one way or the other about Menard. Sometimes I agreed with his positions, and sometimes he could get a bit too obnoxious. Didn't think he was a troll, though, I always felt he was being sincere.

MetropolisForever was a troll. We think this is him: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joshua_Ryne_Goldberg . Seriously mentally ill, that guy.

WyreWizard was also a troll and also seemed to be delusional about how he was fooling everyone.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2019, 09:42:34 AM »

I don't get starting a thread about the "coolest video ever"... and not posting it.   Lookingup

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2019, 12:11:04 PM »

Ditto on NASCAR. My father in law is a big fan, we've learned over the years to not even call him on "race day" cuz he won't pick up his phone.

I once commented to him that there was no reason to devote three hours of TV time to live NASCAR on weekends -- just show the first five laps, the last five laps, and any good crashes that happen in between, and you could get it out of the way in about an hour. He didn't think that was very funny. :D

...I never understood the whoop-de-doo about the Lord of the Rings films (or LOTR in general, for that matter). I saw the first movie, and while I admired it from a technical perspective, when it was over I shrugged and have never bothered to check out any of the follow ups.

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2019, 12:22:09 PM »

...I never understood the whoop-de-doo about the Lord of the Rings films (or LOTR in general, for that matter). I saw the first movie, and while I admired it from a technical perspective, when it was over I shrugged and have never bothered to check out any of the follow ups.

Me either. Or Harry Potter junk for that matter.

Also...anime. Bad Speed Racer art, with better animation.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2019, 12:29:51 PM »

You and RC are the exact opposite of trolls. Just having poorly-maintained underpants does not make one a troll!

How I did I get involved in this?  Question
Actually, I can see folks thinking I'm a troll. I look like a troll! I'm short and ugly and have been known to sleep under bridges in the past. BUT! To my defense, I have never attacked a billy goat!

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2019, 12:34:13 PM »

Sports fans in general. You watch someone else doing something and then claim "We won".

People who rush off trains, get to the ticket barrier and then stop right in front of them to look for your ticket while preventing other people getting through. Normally it is old people who do this.

People whose only joy in life is making others unhappy. Equally, people who look to hurt those who have done nothing against them.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2019, 01:01:06 PM »

Being vegetarian.

I don't get it. Why would I want to eat like a cow when I could eat a cow?  Question
If every one was a vegan it would f**k up the food chain!
« Last Edit: January 09, 2019, 01:04:30 PM by RCMerchant » Logged

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2019, 01:24:30 PM »

Yea, Harry Potter is another franchise that has passed me by entirely. My kids were never into it so we've never seen any of the films or read any of the books. (shrugs)

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2019, 02:54:00 PM »

Yea, Harry Potter is another franchise that has passed me by entirely. My kids were never into it so we've never seen any of the films or read any of the books. (shrugs)
Not a fan either of LOTR movies and Potty Poop. 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2019, 03:25:27 PM »

You don't strike me as someone who goes in for the fanciful, AHD, but are there any books or films from those sorts of genres you've liked? Just curious.

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #26 on: January 09, 2019, 03:28:22 PM »

I never really felt one way or the other about Menard. Sometimes I agreed with his positions, and sometimes he could get a bit too obnoxious. Didn't think he was a troll, though, I always felt he was being sincere.

MetropolisForever was a troll. We think this is him: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joshua_Ryne_Goldberg . Seriously mentally ill, that guy.

WyreWizard was also a troll and also seemed to be delusional about how he was fooling everyone.

This Goldberg person used to post here? That's creepy.

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #27 on: January 09, 2019, 03:33:05 PM »

Oh s**t! I remember that shmuck!  Buggedout

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #28 on: January 09, 2019, 03:45:37 PM »

http://www.badmovies.org/forum/index.php/topic,146221.0.html

I was skeptical at first but after investigating I'm 90% sure it's him.

He was banned so it's not easy to pull up his trolling threads. Here's an example: http://www.badmovies.org/forum/index.php/topic,120700.0.html

Very strange dude. Mentally ill for sure.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #29 on: January 09, 2019, 04:09:03 PM »

I remember that guy. I guess he went under the name 'Moon Metropolis' on another site.
Dam. I never knew all this.
That guy is bats**t.

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 48
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Things you just don't "get." « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.