Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 08:20:47 PM
714349 Posts in 53094 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Things you just don't "get." « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 48
Author Topic: Things you just don't "get."  (Read 157637 times)
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #105 on: January 22, 2019, 06:58:55 PM »

Why folks tell me I need to get a haircut.
WTF do they care how long my hair is?  Question

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #106 on: January 22, 2019, 07:35:23 PM »

I STILL don't get how SHAKESPEARE IN LOVE beat out ELIZABETH and SAVING PRIVATE RYAN for best picture!!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #107 on: January 22, 2019, 08:01:10 PM »

This might step on some toes, but I don't get adults who take comic books seriously. I mean, I'll watch and enjoy the occasional Marvel (or even DC) movie, but I know it's shiny junk.
Thumbup Righteous. 

I understand old comic books ( I love comic art), not the appeal of all the movies.
Not a big fan of slasher movies.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #108 on: January 23, 2019, 04:25:38 PM »

This might step on some toes, but I don't get adults who take comic books seriously. I mean, I'll watch and enjoy the occasional Marvel (or even DC) movie, but I know it's shiny junk.
Thumbup Righteous. 

I understand old comic books ( I love comic art), not the appeal of all the movies.
As a collectible, as a hobby, as art, as fun it's all cool.  I enjoy crap of all types, but take very little "seriously". 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
AoTFan
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #109 on: January 23, 2019, 09:19:15 PM »

I've said it before, but I don't understand people who emigrate to a different country then immediately set about trying to make their new country just like their old one rather than assimilating to their new homeland.  It's like, "Hey, if you liked your old country so much, why didn't you just STAY there?"
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #110 on: January 23, 2019, 10:19:24 PM »

I've said it before, but I don't understand people who emigrate to a different country then immediately set about trying to make their new country just like their old one rather than assimilating to their new homeland.  It's like, "Hey, if you liked your old country so much, why didn't you just STAY there?"

I'm expecting to retire in Mexico or Central America and I'm prepared for some people to not like me because I'm an outsider no matter what I do or how I try to fit in. I expect to hang out mostly with other expats.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #111 on: January 23, 2019, 11:43:21 PM »

I don't get some of the more extreme fetishes. I get some of the more questionable stuff, but I don't see the appeal to excrement, vomit, blood.

yeah no.
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #112 on: January 24, 2019, 01:34:20 AM »

I'm an immigrant - from Zimbabwe to South Africa - and when I got here in 1987, I realized things were way different to what I was used to at home. So I thought, just go with it.

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #113 on: January 24, 2019, 08:54:16 AM »

I have trouble understanding why some Americans get upset when someone speaks a language other than English in public. 

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #114 on: January 24, 2019, 10:13:23 AM »

I have trouble understanding why some Americans get upset when someone speaks a language other than English in public. 

Back in the day my friend Mandy and I used to dress weirdly and go out in public and pretend to carry on running conversations in a gibberish language complete with wildly abnormal inflections and sweeping hand gestures, with wide innocent eyes and sometimes we'd walk up and ask people questions in that language while holding some embarrassing product in our hands. Great reactions.

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #115 on: January 24, 2019, 12:32:40 PM »

Thumbup Righteous. 

As a collectible, as a hobby, as art, as fun it's all cool.  I enjoy crap of all types, but take very little "seriously". 

'Xactly. I love old comic books, but I don't keep them in plastic in A-Z order. They lay around the house. I don't have a lot anymore, I gave most to my son Eddie and my grandson.
Most are pretty dog-eared.
That's why when I get a model kit, I don't get all fancy. I ain't in a contest. I'm just doing it for fun.

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Pacman000
« Reply #116 on: January 24, 2019, 12:41:16 PM »

You do a good job on your models tho.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #117 on: January 24, 2019, 12:50:24 PM »

You do a good job on your models tho.

Gee, thanks!  Smile

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #118 on: January 24, 2019, 12:57:56 PM »

Because perhaps the place they left had no work. Or are being persecuted. You can love your home and customs, but may HAVE to leave.
I'm sure most German Jews didn't want to pack up they're meager belongings, or just run like hell, to get out.
But I'm sure they miss they're homeland.

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #119 on: January 25, 2019, 02:43:01 AM »

But I'm sure they miss they're homeland.

I know I do: I haven't been home since 1997  Bluesad

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 48
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Things you just don't "get." « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.