Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 07:52:23 PM
714223 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7734 Members
Latest Member: BlackVuemmo
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Things you just don't "get." « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 48
Author Topic: Things you just don't "get."  (Read 157110 times)
claws
« Reply #270 on: March 27, 2019, 12:14:29 PM »

As a movie collector I don't "get" streaming. It has no appeal to me whatsoever. I'm mainly interested in cult movies but whatever streaming services have to offer (not much) they don't warrant a subscription. I'm not interested in series, or most documentaries. If there's a documentary that I really want to see it's usually not available for streaming.
As for mainstream movies, I don't need to stream first to decide a purchase. I usually know what I want and what I want to own.

Quite honestly, I find more stuff to watch on youtube than I do on Netflix.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #271 on: March 27, 2019, 01:37:37 PM »

As a movie collector I don't "get" streaming. It has no appeal to me whatsoever. I'm mainly interested in cult movies but whatever streaming services have to offer (not much) they don't warrant a subscription. I'm not interested in series, or most documentaries. If there's a documentary that I really want to see it's usually not available for streaming.
As for mainstream movies, I don't need to stream first to decide a purchase. I usually know what I want and what I want to own.

Quite honestly, I find more stuff to watch on youtube than I do on Netflix.

I personally agree with you, but I get why people with more mainstream tastes who aren't picky about their entertainment like the convenience of streaming.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
BoyScoutKevin
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #272 on: April 02, 2019, 01:25:52 PM »

Frankly, I don't get streaming neither, but, it is apparently regarded by Hollywood as the wave of the future. The only major Hollywood studios who are not getting into streaming are Paramount and Sony Columbia

20th Century Fox was acquired by Disney to bulk up its streaming service Disney+ which will be out later this year.
Comcast/NBC/Universal will start up its own streaming service sometime next year or 2020, which may be why they bought Sky from Fox.
Waner Brothers was merged with Turner Entertainment, so AT&T could start its own streaming service.
And that is just the Hollywood etertainment companies.

The Silicon Valley tech companies are also starting their own streaming services.
Apple, seeing its profits from its products flatlining, has started its own streaming service just last month in March.
There is also Amazon which has Amazon Prime.
Hulu which is majority owned by Disney.
And, of course, there is Netflix.
And who knows who else, both now and in the future.

From my viewpoint, it is going to be an interesting time, especially, as thru an investment club, I own stock in several of the companies that have or will soon have a streaming service.
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #273 on: April 02, 2019, 03:14:46 PM »

I wonder how many of these companies will fail. How many paid subscription services are people going to pay for? Will be interesting to see how many succeed.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #274 on: April 02, 2019, 04:25:30 PM »

I don't get why my local classic rock radio station plays Men At Work's "Down Under" so often.
Nothin' against Men At Work, they were a fine pop band, but they did not "rock" by any means, then or now.

I heard this song AGAIN on the radio last night. I was getting into my car to head home from work, start it up, radio comes on...yyyyep, "Down Under." It's not just my imagination!

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
AoTFan

« Reply #275 on: April 04, 2019, 02:44:20 PM »

I don't get why my local classic rock radio station plays Men At Work's "Down Under" so often.
Nothin' against Men At Work, they were a fine pop band, but they did not "rock" by any means, then or now.

I heard this song AGAIN on the radio last night. I was getting into my car to head home from work, start it up, radio comes on...yyyyep, "Down Under." It's not just my imagination!

They probably just got a list on rotate they play.  The classic rock station here seems to play the same dozen or so songs as well. I actually tried to call them once with a request (because, you know, I thought radio stations still do that) and I just kept getting a busy signal.

(shrugs)

Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #276 on: April 04, 2019, 02:55:26 PM »

I have a so-called classic Rock station that I tune into in the car.  Not only do they play that MEN AT WORK eh, stuff (z'okay but it ain't classic Rock!)  But here out of NY this station's "classic Rock" always seems to be BILLY JOEL
 Lookingup

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #277 on: April 04, 2019, 03:06:02 PM »

I have a so-called classic Rock station that I tune into in the car.  Not only do they play that MEN AT WORK eh, stuff (z'okay but it ain't classic Rock!)  But here out of NY this station's "classic Rock" always seems to be BILLY JOEL.  
 Lookingup

If you're in the NY Metro area, then you're probably listening to the same station I am (I'm in Northern New Jersey), haha.

I think they're required by law to play at least one Billy Joel song per hour because he's a local boy. Ditto Springsteen (ugh).  The continued popularity of Men At Work, who are Aussies, remains a mystery to me.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2019, 03:14:51 PM by FatFreddysCat » Logged

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #278 on: April 04, 2019, 03:30:00 PM »

Sushi.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #279 on: April 04, 2019, 05:21:18 PM »

Sushi.

That's OK, I get enough for both of us!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #280 on: April 04, 2019, 07:28:58 PM »

I have a so-called classic Rock station that I tune into in the car.  Not only do they play that MEN AT WORK eh, stuff (z'okay but it ain't classic Rock!)  But here out of NY this station's "classic Rock" always seems to be BILLY JOEL.  
 Lookingup

If you're in the NY Metro area, then you're probably listening to the same station I am (I'm in Northern New Jersey), haha.

I think they're required by law to play at least one Billy Joel song per hour because he's a local boy. Ditto Springsteen (ugh).  The continued popularity of Men At Work, who are Aussies, remains a mystery to me.

Over here the classic rock stations play waaay to much Bob Segar. Except WZUU- the Zoo- which has the Alice Copper Show- which is usually pretty good. Except for all the Motley Crue s**t they been playing lately.
Motley Crue? WTF?
I don't get Motley Crue.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #281 on: April 05, 2019, 09:41:28 AM »

Over here the classic rock stations play waaay to much Bob Segar. Except WZUU- the Zoo- which has the Alice Copper Show- which is usually pretty good. Except for all the Motley Crue s**t they been playing lately.
Motley Crue? WTF?
I don't get Motley Crue.

You're probably gonna hear a lot of Motley Crue till the hoopla over their Netflix movie starts to die down.

I was into them early on (their first two albums, Too Fast For Love and Shout at the Devil, are 80s metal essentials) but once I started discovering Metallica and other underground thrash metal around 1984, glammy bands like the Crue didn't cut it for me anymore.

claws
« Reply #282 on: April 06, 2019, 03:46:18 AM »

Sushi.

I always feel sorry when someone doesn't like Sushi. To me, it's the best food ever. I could eat Sushi every day and never get tired of it.
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #283 on: April 06, 2019, 04:01:54 AM »

Sushi.

I always feel sorry when someone doesn't like Sushi. To me, it's the best food ever. I could eat Sushi every day and never get tired of it.

Don't be sorry. I loathe the taste of most fish. Last night Kristi told me she had a dream where I could have averted the apocalypse by eating a tuna fish sandwich, and instead, I let the end times roll. Sounds like her dream was pretty damn accurate to me.

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #284 on: April 06, 2019, 04:04:03 AM »

People who name their guns. It is a mechanical tool. I don't go naming my screwdrivers, or wire crimps. We were discussing this in work and we were wondering if the people who do this also have, like little tea parties with their guns or playdates.

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 48
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Things you just don't "get." « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.