Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:26:28 AM
713324 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Things you just don't "get." « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 48
Author Topic: Things you just don't "get."  (Read 155391 times)
Svengoolie 3
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #285 on: April 06, 2019, 04:51:27 AM »

I name my desktop computers I build.

The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.
AoTFan

« Reply #286 on: April 07, 2019, 02:25:31 PM »

Did I ever mention the whole "having your underwear up several inches above your pants" thing?  I feel that deserves a mention...
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #287 on: April 07, 2019, 02:31:18 PM »

People who will point out a typo/grammatical error and act like doing so has refuted a writer's case.

I mean, I do get it--it's much easier than dealing with the underlying argument--but I don't understand how they can be so smug and self-satisfied about it.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Svengoolie 3

« Reply #288 on: April 08, 2019, 08:18:53 AM »

I don't get why so many people who hate Jane fonda for her actions in Saigon practically worship Ronald Reagan. They say Jane finda hurt the military and america, but she harmed no one.

Reagan sent the marines to Beirut with unloaded guns and a lone truck bomber killed 241 marines and injured lord knows how may more.  Yet people who call Jane fonda a traitor just worship Reagan despite the gallons of US marine blood on his hands.

Reagan was directly responsible for the pointless deaths of 241 american service men and is considered a hero by peolle who still call Jane finda a traitor. 

claws
« Reply #289 on: April 08, 2019, 12:58:36 PM »

Slender Man (not the movie)

Not to sound like the old man yelling at clouds, but I rather stick with creepy urban legends told around a campfire. They at least felt more real.
claws
« Reply #290 on: April 08, 2019, 01:40:29 PM »

oh, and The Man Who Killed Hitler and Then The Bigfoot

Probably the most posted movie title on social media in the last few weeks. I think people keep mentioning this stupid title simply because of the title.

Not seen the movie yet (like most people on social media mentioning the movie) but the plot doesn't sound intriguing to me.
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #291 on: April 08, 2019, 01:52:29 PM »

Probably the most posted movie title on social media in the last few weeks. I think people keep mentioning this stupid title simply because of the title.

Not seen the movie yet (like most people on social media mentioning the movie) but the plot doesn't sound intriguing to me.

It is a very different film from what you would expect. I found it... interesting I guess would be the best way to put it. It isn't the kind of fun B movie romp you might expect from the title.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
claws
« Reply #292 on: April 08, 2019, 03:08:31 PM »

It is a very different film from what you would expect. I found it... interesting I guess would be the best way to put it. It isn't the kind of fun B movie romp you might expect from the title.

Thing is, I expected anything but not a B-Movie. I've read a few reviews but I'm still not interested.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #293 on: April 08, 2019, 09:21:34 PM »

.The fascination with finding Pokemen (?) by wandering around town with yer phone.
.I agree with

Over here the classic rock stations play waaay to much Bob Segar. Except WZUU- the Zoo- which has the Alice Copper Show- which is usually pretty good. Except for all the Motley Crue s**t they been playing lately.
Motley Crue? WTF?
I don't get Motley Crue.

You're probably gonna hear a lot of Motley Crue till the hoopla over their Netflix movie starts to die down.

I was into them early on (their first two albums, Too Fast For Love and Shout at the Devil, are 80s metal essentials) but once I started discovering Metallica and other underground thrash metal around 1984, glammy bands like the Crue didn't cut it for me anymore.

Well, it should die down soon- because it's Motley Crue.  A gimmick and being high all the time does NOT make a good band. Mediocre music as well.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #294 on: April 09, 2019, 01:14:07 PM »

Streaming services.

Yes, they are about reshowing films already shown, which we'll get into more later, but they are more than that, as we use Disney+, since they have been the most open and forthcoming about what they are going to broadcast, as of to date . . .

18 films never seen in theaters
10 (56%) totally original
08 (44%) remake of an earlier film.

17 TV programs never seen on TV before.
08 (47%) totally original
09 (53%) remake of an earlier TV program

535  films or all the films associated with Disney, and I don't know where I got that number, probably just pulling it out of the air, but, here again . . .
Some are available on dvd or blu-ray.
Some were available on dvd or blu-ray, but are no longer available on dvd or blu-ray.
And some were never available on dvd or blu-ray, as where it is financially feasible to stream them, it was never financially feasible to put them out on dvd or blu-ray.

And that is just the films. As there is over 60 years of TV programming, which, if there is a demand, people hope will be streamed on the streaming service.

And then you have . . .
2019 AT&T Warner Turner
2020 Comcast Universal NBC
Both of whom have a bigger film and TV program catalog, then the above.
And I can remember when it came to TV westerns, if it was a TV western, then it was a Warner production.

And one more little bit of news. While The Mandalorian has yet to begin streaming on Disney+, there is talk of it having a 2nd season.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #295 on: April 11, 2019, 01:50:13 PM »

I was watching a documentary about the LA rock club scene in the mid 80's.
Some of these guys are my age- and they still wear the big hair and flashy clothes.
I don't get it.  Question
« Last Edit: April 11, 2019, 01:54:41 PM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #296 on: April 11, 2019, 09:46:11 PM »

Religion.
It just freaks me out so much. I just don't get it.
It was scary when it was forced on me as a kid. I find it scarier now.
NO OFFENSE intended to anybody who is religious.
It scares me! It's a personal thing.

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #297 on: April 16, 2019, 09:19:48 PM »

The word "dips**t."
I use the word once in a while-I don't even know why a different word for "moron" is "dips**t'.
"Dips**t"? Like chip dips**t?  Question
Like Skinny dips**t?

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #298 on: April 17, 2019, 07:35:44 AM »

The word "dips**t."
I use the word once in a while-I don't even know why a different word for "moron" is "dips**t'.
"Dips**t"? Like chip dips**t?  Question
Like Skinny dips**t?

Interesting question. Here's what google says: https://www.etymonline.com/search?q=dips**t

Basically it's probably a combination of "dippy" and "s**t."

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Svengoolie 3

« Reply #299 on: April 17, 2019, 07:41:38 AM »

It reminds me if an exclamation tbat makes no sense.  "Well,  i'll be dipped in dogsh*t! "

Pic with nasty word in it.

https://www.bing.com/images/search?view=detailV2&ccid=AGCPPnWE&id=1E59E20D062271CD3B6ABCE8516F13357B083967&thid=OIP.AGCPPnWEWWuHh9rrHPz22gHaJE&mediaurl=http%3A%2F%2F1.bp.blogspot.com%2F_AyiHjFlQwHY%2FTRuN9CbLpdI%2FAAAAAAAAAXw%2Fb8BGxC854uM%2Fs1600%2Ffreddy.gif&exph=897&expw=733&q=freak+brothers+freddy%27s+cat+aliens+dipped+in+dogs**t&simid=608018779186727131&selectedindex=52&adt=1&ajaxhist=0&vt=4&eim=2,3,4,6,8&sim=11
« Last Edit: April 17, 2019, 07:43:55 AM by Svengoolie 3 » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 48
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Things you just don't "get." « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.