Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 06:26:22 PM
714223 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7734 Members
Latest Member: BlackVuemmo
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  No more Emmy Screeners past 2020 « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: No more Emmy Screeners past 2020  (Read 1621 times)
Pacman000
« on: January 19, 2019, 11:16:42 AM »

https://www.engadget.com/2019/01/18/emmy-awards-will-kill-off-dvd-screeners-for-good-in-2020/

The Emmies will stop giving out screener copies after 2020; they're moving to a custom streaming platform.

I don't think physical media will ever go away completely. Before home video there were companies who made 8, 16, 9.5, & 28mm copies of movies for home viewing. There will always be a small part of the population who wants to own what they watch.

I can see a future where only a handful of major films are released each year, on Blu-Ray or some Ultra-HD Disk.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2019, 11:50:00 AM »

Two years ago I received mostly DVD screeners with only a few DVDs. Now it's the opposite.

I don't think screeners have too much to do with the DVD market overall, though. It's just much more cost-efficient for studios to give critics links than physical DVDs, and there is less of a piracy concern.

Those factors effect consumers, too, but critics are getting it for free, so the studios are able to enforce formats on them. If consumers want physical media someone will sell it to them. But it is becoming more of a specialty market. I think every major release will continue to be available on DVD or Blu-ray for the considerable future, even though sales go down. (Heck, they're still selling albums on vinyl).

The only movies I see now that are released streaming-only are the very cheapest of independent productions. Even they probably should be putting out DVD-Rs or Blu-ray-Rs, which can be made cheaply on-demand. It's just not worth the time for a handful of sales. They would prefer you download the movie and burn it onto your own DVD. I want the artwork, though.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  No more Emmy Screeners past 2020 « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.