Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:03:38 PM
713365 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  &@%#ing morons strike again! « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: &@%#ing morons strike again!  (Read 2777 times)
Svengoolie 3
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: January 26, 2019, 01:44:41 PM »

So i had a good wifi router a dlink dual band 5ghz one, looked like a big black cylinger with 4 plugs for ethernet systems on back

Paid like 5$ for it at a animal shelter charity store not really giving a fart if it worked or not as a donation to help animals in need. grok?

It worked great once i set it up. Until yesterday.

Hey, it was a good router, it was used when i bought it so whatever use i got from it was a bonus.

it died yesterday.

I had to get a new one, and i got a netgear r6020.

First walmart cheated me on the cost. Clearly marked 35$, got charged 40$ for it. Good ol' walmart, a model of corporate america.

Then i had a hell of a time getting it working. First off it came with virtually no instructions or guide whatsoever.

ANy intelligent person would assume a router might be plugged into a desktop computer, right?

My old router could connect to it's website while plugged into a desktop to be set up for full operation. My earlier routers worked like that.

I think this router was designed by some who graduated bottom of his class from warsaw tech.

It came with no real instructions whatsoever. The box did have "nighthawk app" on it and there was a note to download the nighthawk app to get started.

Well, I wanted to connect it to a pc so how would a smartphone app help with that?

Turned out after hours of frustration and rage that you cannot get this damnable device running with a desktop, you must use a wifi device with the nighthawk app to get into it, get it to go to it's website, update its firmware and set up the wifi accounts.

If that isn't the stupidest thing I've heard of that didn't start on fox news I don't know what is. Just a few lines on the 4 page sheet they had with it would have saved me so much grief and rage.

Yes I can see how they assumed you'd have a wifi device to be getting a wifi router but what if you were using it for a smart tv that didn't have actual net access options, morons?

« Last Edit: January 26, 2019, 01:49:02 PM by Svengoolie 3 » Logged

The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2019, 02:06:45 PM »

So i had a good wifi router a dlink dual band 5ghz one, looked like a big black cylinger with 4 plugs for ethernet systems on back

Paid like 5$ for it at a animal shelter charity store not really giving a fart if it worked or not as a donation to help animals in need. grok?

It worked great once i set it up. Until yesterday.

Hey, it was a good router, it was used when i bought it so whatever use i got from it was a bonus.

it died yesterday.

I had to get a new one, and i got a netgear r6020.

First walmart cheated me on the cost. Clearly marked 35$, got charged 40$ for it. Good ol' walmart, a model of corporate america.

Then i had a hell of a time getting it working. First off it came with virtually no instructions or guide whatsoever.

ANy intelligent person would assume a router might be plugged into a desktop computer, right?

My old router could connect to it's website while plugged into a desktop to be set up for full operation. My earlier routers worked like that.

I think this router was designed by some who graduated bottom of his class from warsaw tech.

It came with no real instructions whatsoever. The box did have "nighthawk app" on it and there was a note to download the nighthawk app to get started.

Well, I wanted to connect it to a pc so how would a smartphone app help with that?

Turned out after hours of frustration and rage that you cannot get this damnable device running with a desktop, you must use a wifi device with the nighthawk app to get into it, get it to go to it's website, update its firmware and set up the wifi accounts.

If that isn't the stupidest thing I've heard of that didn't start on fox news I don't know what is. Just a few lines on the 4 page sheet they had with it would have saved me so much grief and rage.

Yes I can see how they assumed you'd have a wifi device to be getting a wifi router but what if you were using it for a smart tv that didn't have actual net access options, morons?

Whining about a problem rooted in first-world privilege. Wow. Try carrying tainted water back to your village during a famine-inspired war. Then I'll agree life has shafted you.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2019, 02:08:57 PM by ER » Logged

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
Svengoolie 3

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2019, 04:18:34 PM »

Be in touch, ciao, honey.

ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2019, 04:51:01 PM »

As if you'd even know HOW to phone a woman up.  BounceGiggle

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
Svengoolie 3

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2019, 04:58:54 PM »

I was just in bed with my neighbor after I set her wifi up for her. Twirling

claws
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2019, 11:31:24 PM »

Sorry... Small | Large
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2019, 03:37:30 AM »

Ah! So nice waking up on a Sunday morning!  Smile
"Charlie were in HELL!!"
"Yeah-aint it groovy!?"
 BounceGiggle BounceGiggle BounceGiggle
Yes- I am laughing out loud! Thit s**t kills me.  Drink

« Last Edit: January 27, 2019, 04:48:38 AM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Olivia Bauer

« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2019, 08:14:58 AM »

Whining about a problem rooted in first-world privilege. Wow. Try carrying tainted water back to your village during a famine-inspired war. Then I'll agree life has shafted you.

You have no idea how much I hate this argument. It adds NOTHING to any kind of conversation and can be used in any context to dismiss what someone says.
Sven like any other person that comes to this forum just wanted to blow off steam about something that p**sed him off.
I absolutely promise you if I went through your post history I could find you complaining about something that doesn't stack up against starving children.

Svengoolie 3

« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2019, 12:30:03 PM »

You have no idea how much I hate this argument. It adds NOTHING to any kind of conversation and can be used in any context to dismiss what someone says.
Sven like any other person that comes to this forum just wanted to blow off steam about something that p**sed him off.
I absolutely promise you if I went through your post history I could find you complaining about something that doesn't stack up against starving children.

Don't forget to boo her, she seems to like the boo option.

Olivia Bauer

« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2019, 02:28:45 PM »

Don't forget to boo her, she seems to like the boo option.

I know she does. But I'm not going to bother. I try use the boo button sparingly (Well, nowadays I avoid using it).

Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2019, 04:35:19 PM »

Karma is fascinating to me, but mainly as history.  I often read old posts and follow links; public opinion is interesting too.  However, prodding statistics is controlling.  The need for control occurs on both sides of the aisle. 

... I think this router was designed by some who graduated bottom of his class from warsaw tech...

Really, Sven?  You must realize that that remark could be construed as bigoted.   Not cool. 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Svengoolie 3

« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2019, 04:40:53 PM »

I had a principal in grade school tbat proved there was something to those old jokes.

Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2019, 04:53:05 PM »

I had a principal in grade school tbat proved there was something to those old jokes.
Irrelevant.  Your opinions are well known and so you get a free pass? 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  &@%#ing morons strike again! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.