Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 05:04:25 PM
714319 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  If you had a time machine.... « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: If you had a time machine....  (Read 4385 times)
Svengoolie 3
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: January 28, 2019, 08:23:28 PM »

... What would you do?

Icd go back and make sure elon musk never developed PayPal.  Maybe in a world wthout paypal I could actually get some good deals on the net once in a while.

The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.
LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2019, 08:35:07 PM »

I'd smack the snot outa John Dewey....

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2019, 09:35:47 PM »

I'd pack up a load of decent antibiotics and modern medicines, cure the abscess on Henry VII's knee, and get myself a nice country manor and title of nobility for my pains!

Or maybe I'd go back and make sure that Caesar DIDN'T die on the Ides of March, just to see how that would have changed history.

Or slipped a dagger between the ribs of John Wilkes Booth as he made his way to Ford's theater.

Maybe jogged Aaron Burr's elbow just as he  pulled the trigger at a certain infamous duel?

The possibilities are endless!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2019, 09:51:38 PM »

I'd pack up a load of decent antibiotics and modern medicines, cure the abscess on Henry VII's knee, and get myself a nice country manor and title of nobility for my pains!
Or maybe I'd go back and make sure that Caesar DIDN'T die on the Ides of March, just to see how that would have changed history.
Or slipped a dagger between the ribs of John Wilkes Booth as he made his way to Ford's theater.
Maybe jogged Aaron Burr's elbow just as he  pulled the trigger at a certain infamous duel?

Yes, but going back in time to change history would be wrong.  After all, why not save Jesus? 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
AoTFan

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2019, 11:00:33 PM »

Wow, and here I am thinking of selfish s**t like, "Tell my younger self to invest in Google and/or Bitcoin...." 
LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2019, 11:19:20 PM »

In a way, I'd be tempted to warn Henry Ford about the problems he's going to cause by instilling a sense of entitlement to the masses for personal transportation, whether they can afford it or not, whether they need it or not, whether they're qualified to operate it or not, or even if they've been legally blocked from operating it... Maybe trow in some obsequious BS about smog alerts, global warming & the like.........

But knowing he was just a greedy little SOB who hated his own son, abandoned his parents farm, stabbed all his business partners in the back, and made money off both the Allies "AND" the Nazis during WWII, he'd probably just laugh it off...

So I guess I'd just shoot that Irish thug he'd hire to trash his son's house, then smack the snot outa him...

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2019, 12:20:58 AM »

Yes, but going back in time to change history would be wrong.  After all, why not save Jesus? 

But if I succeeded, it's already happened, so it would be neither right nor wrong - it would simply BE.

As for your latter question - If Jesus was saved from the cross, we couldn't be saved from hell.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2019, 03:36:52 AM »

I would probably go back in time and murder my birth parents but then I wouldn't be born, so  Question

I would stop all manner of tragic things happening:

1. Be Princess Diana's driver on 31 August 1997 and get her safely home.
2. Alert all authorities in the USA about the calamity and horrors of 9/11: also all of the terrorists would have been apprehended and almost 3000 lives would not have been lost.

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Pacman000
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2019, 10:02:44 AM »

Changing history never seems to work. If you try to warn someone they never believe you; if you try to change things yourself you become the bad guy.

I might do some small things. I wanted a Geocities account, but they closed. I suppose I'd get one. (Actually, Geocities Japan is still open, but it'll close in March, so there's no point.)

I might observe some ancient things. Dinosaurs might be cool. Jesus's life, ancient, Rome, Greece, Israel, China, etc. But a lot of places wouldn't accept me; I'd be out of place. I'd need some great disguises, or invisibility. And to make sense of anything I'd need to learn a ton of languages. Perhaps it would be best to send teams of experts with covert video cameras.

It might be nice to save wiped TV shows or lost films. Go to the 50's with a TiVo; set up a theater in the 20's & make telecine copies of whatever I rented.

And there's no harm in investing, or even betting. You have to pay for all this somehow.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2019, 10:12:06 AM »

I'd go back to about 1975 and watch the first Ramones set at CBGB's.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2019, 10:28:29 AM »

Last Tuesday so I could pay my phone bill on time.

(Stolen from Weird Al).

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2019, 10:47:59 AM »

If you change s**t-you never know. You could end up with a dictator as President of the USA, when you go home.
Or have people hypnotized by a mass worldwide computer network. Like some cheezy sci-fi movie. Kinda like Rome and feeding slaves to lions. Keep 'em distracted!

...oh wait a minute....  Bluesad

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2019, 10:54:36 AM »

I'd go back to about 1975 and watch the first Ramones set at CBGB's.

That's a good one. Count me in.  Thumbup

There are soooo many concerts I would go to if I had a time machine!

...I'd go to a vintage '70s KISS show - say, the Hotter Than Hell tour or thereabouts, when they were still young & hungry and hadn't really broke big yet -  early RUSH opened for them frequently back then!

...I'd also want to see AC/DC when Bon Scott was still on vocals.

...I'd hit every show of Metallica's first tour of the U.S. in 1983, when they were opening for Raven. (the infamous "Kill'Em All For One" tour).

...Oh, and I'd wanna see each Black Sabbath lineup at least once, especially with Ronnie James Dio, cuz I never got to see Dio in person.

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
claws
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2019, 11:56:55 AM »

I want to see live action dinosaurs so I'd be heading in that direction.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2019, 12:24:11 PM »

Wow, and here I am thinking of selfish s**t like, "Tell my younger self to invest in Google and/or Bitcoin...." 

That's me... I'd buy $10 worth of Bitcoin when it was a penny a coin and cash out when it reached $20,000.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  If you had a time machine.... « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.