Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 04:47:05 AM
714200 Posts in 53091 Topics by 7734 Members
Latest Member: BlackVuemmo
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  First Openly Gay Presidential Candidate « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: First Openly Gay Presidential Candidate  (Read 15045 times)
Svengoolie 3
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #30 on: May 06, 2019, 10:24:58 PM »

And Here's  another pie to taste.

The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #31 on: May 06, 2019, 11:24:45 PM »

Most of social security and medicare fall under NON discretionary spending.  This site tracks government spending in real time.
Read it and weep!!

www.usdebtclock.org

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
indianasmith
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #32 on: May 06, 2019, 11:26:23 PM »

I do agree the military could be cut back some . . . but - if we don't defend the free world, WHO WILL?
China?  Russia?

Like it or not, we are the world's policeman.

The only alternative is to live in a world without one.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #33 on: May 07, 2019, 01:59:05 AM »

The military budget isn't 55% of the GDP though (in fact it is only about a tenth of that). Generally speaking, if you want to be able just to defend your own country in the event of a war you can get away with a around 2.5 to 3% of the national budget. If you want to engage in military adventurism then around twice that is the right figure. Going below these figures make its much tougher on any military to get the job done, while going above it tends to have quite severe economic consequences.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Svengoolie 3

« Reply #34 on: May 07, 2019, 04:37:25 AM »

I think we could fix things by following the democrats plans. Raise taxes on the rich only,  restore higher tax rates on corporations,  impose a tax on wall street because they cause enough problems in america and close tax loopholes like the ones that let amazon make nearly qw billion in profit,  pay no taxes and get tax money back from the government.

And yes,  tax and regulate wall street. It caused the economic crash that has been putting ma ticans thru hell for over decade now. Tax wall street profits and use the money to help people who can't afford to play the stock market but get hurt by it when it crashes.

And the green new deal would help. As is we send hundreds of billions a year to countries like Saudi Arabia,  a major supporter of terrorism.  (15 of the 19 911 hijackers we're Saudi and so was bin ladin)  If we switched to renewable and domestic power systems we could tell the middle east to dry up and blow away which is what it would mostly do without  foreign  petro dollars.

« Last Edit: May 07, 2019, 04:43:23 AM by Svengoolie 3 » Logged

Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #35 on: May 07, 2019, 04:59:59 AM »

Most of social security and medicare fall under NON discretionary spending.  This site tracks government spending in real time.
Read it and weep!!

www.usdebtclock.org

Buggedout Buggedout

I clicked on that and I thought I was back on the infamous Yvette's Bridal Formal website: so much going on.

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #36 on: May 07, 2019, 10:33:27 AM »

"Like it or not, we are the world's policeman.

The only alternative is to live in a world without one."

like it or not? who's country is this?
Svengoolie 3

« Reply #37 on: May 07, 2019, 07:22:54 PM »

"Like it or not, we are the world's policeman.

The only alternative is to live in a world without one."

like it or not? who's country is this?

Many people tend to  state  their beliefs and assumptions as matters of inarguanble fact. Many people believe the U. S.  must play world police. I believe that if we demanded that more of the free world stepped up and took on a more active role in defending liberty from russia and china they've do it,  they'de grumble and complain but they'd do it because had more personal experiences Dr with fascism and totalitarianism in WW2. They would step up and form stronger militaries to make it cheap to russia they weren't com racing anyone.

And guys,  remember,  russiscs economy and gbp are smaller than new york states.

If the UK and most of Europe formed a power bloc, a military alliance,  they could easily out spend  russia militarily.

Lime use they need to form a tither,  mire effective law enforcement and security agency to counter Russian social hacking and trolling.

And the current state of america ought to show the west the cannot depend on uncle sam anymore.  They need to formk a federation and  tell russia to back off or get hammered economically and militarily.  And remember the the UK and France has nuclear weapons,  an germany would easily develop them too.

indianasmith
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #38 on: May 07, 2019, 09:38:20 PM »

I think we could fix things by following the democrats plans. Raise taxes on the rich only,  restore higher tax rates on corporations,  impose a tax on wall street because they cause enough problems in america and close tax loopholes like the ones that let amazon make nearly qw billion in profit,  pay no taxes and get tax money back from the government.

And yes,  tax and regulate wall street. It caused the economic crash that has been putting ma ticans thru hell for over decade now. Tax wall street profits and use the money to help people who can't afford to play the stock market but get hurt by it when it crashes.

And the green new deal would help. As is we send hundreds of billions a year to countries like Saudi Arabia,  a major supporter of terrorism.  (15 of the 19 911 hijackers we're Saudi and so was bin ladin)  If we switched to renewable and domestic power systems we could tell the middle east to dry up and blow away which is what it would mostly do without  foreign  petro dollars.

So much error, so little time.  OK, here goes:  Basic laws of economics state that if you subsidize something, you get more of it, and if you punish something, you get less of it.  "Soaking the rich" simply causes them to take their wealth elsewhere.  Punishing businesses for success will cause them to look for other places to be successful.  Don't get me wrong; I'm not saying that corporations and millionaires shouldn't pay any taxes at all, but there is a point past which increased rates simply don't generate increased revenue.  "Taxing Wall Street" sounds good as a populist talking point, but "Wall Street" isn't some single entity you can go rob at gunpoint and get enough cash to solve all your problems.  It's tens of thousands of businesses, corporations, and other private interests that employ hundreds of millions of people.  Strangle the goose that lays the golden egg and soon you have no gold, no eggs, and nothing but goose bones!

I don't trust big business, OK?  But in the end, choosing between big business and big government, I will choose big business every time.  Business wants one thing: My money, in the form of purchases.  I can't make purchases if I don't have money, so it is in the vested interest of big business for me to have a decent income.  Big government wants my money, my freedom, my rights, and my property to be subordinated to the needs of the state.  They want control over virtually every aspect of my life.

Businesses didn't build the Soviet gulags - a powerful, runaway state did.
Businesses didn't build Auschwitz and murder millions of people there.  A powerful, runaway government did.
Businesses didn't murder 40 million Chinese in the "Great Leap Forward" and the "Cultural Revolution".  A powerful, runaway government did.
Seeing a trend?

Svengoolie 3

« Reply #39 on: May 07, 2019, 09:51:57 PM »

Big biz can be just as bad as big gubmint. We now have prison corporations actual my threatening to sue stares if they don't keep them full of inmates.  Big tobacco lied and hid the truth abitu tobacco for decades and marketed to teens as much as possible.  Big pharma makes easiky produced medicines so expensive people die because they can't afford them.

I don't trust either but at least with government we can vote for people in it.

ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #40 on: August 13, 2019, 10:34:52 AM »

It's funny this topic was posted under entertainment, lol.

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
Svengoolie 3

« Reply #41 on: August 14, 2019, 01:18:14 AM »

Alexander the great was likely gay and a strong leader.

Julius Caesar was likely ACDC and a great military  commander.

Alan Turing was definitely gay and laid the ground work for modern computers,  helped create the first progrsmmaglke computers thst helped the allies win ww2 and pioneered many of the concerts still used today.

A. C. Clarke was gay and an acknowledged genius who helped set up the chainholme radar network that saved engkasnd from the  blitz,  invented the concept of the communication sattelite and was a leader in astronomical science.

If gay people can accomplish the above I don't think being president of the US would be beyond one.

El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #42 on: August 14, 2019, 10:24:37 PM »

I do agree the military could be cut back some . . . but - if we don't defend the free world, WHO WILL?
China?  Russia?

We could ask other nations we have good relations with to help out in their neck of the woods........

yeah no.
Svengoolie 3

« Reply #43 on: August 14, 2019, 11:45:04 PM »

China?  Russia?

We could ask other nations we have good relations with to help out in their neck of the woods........

Or,  you know, we could just finally get off fossil fuels finally, develop real alternatives to petroleum and let Russias economy sink into a tarpit. Alng with most Muslim nations.

https://www.businessinsider.com/russia-oil-and-gas-dependence-chart-2014-7

Pages: 1 2 [3]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  First Openly Gay Presidential Candidate « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.